What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
Author: Message:
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

Close convo I find more useful because it shows if a person really wants to talk to you or not.

Yeah but theres block checker, which i mentioned before, some dummies click your convo when theyve blocked you, or block you, and half hour later THEN leave the convo, quite interesting :P

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
it's an easy concept: people whine about something possible but totally inaccurate, instead of arguing with them you just give them what they want. too bad for them, isn't it?

Elaborate please.
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
08-31-2005 07:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
quote:
it's an easy concept: people whine about something possible but totally inaccurate, instead of arguing with them you just give them what they want. too bad for them, isn't it?

Elaborate please.
... people were whining about the window opened notifier... they never stopped suggesting it and annoying people about it. instead of constantly telling them it is not going to work (which is the exact reason why it was removed), you just give them what they want.
08-31-2005 07:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
... people were whining about the window opened notifier... they never stopped suggesting it and annoying people about it. instead of constantly telling them it is not going to work (which is the exact reason why it was removed), you just give them what they want.

Same with everything, people beg for it, then they go off it, people suggest things, they dont like it, but i guarantee half the effers will go and enable it when they download Plus!
09-01-2005 01:23 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
you keep saying its not pointless if someone wrotea program for it.

Ever think of viruses and ad-ware etc? they are pretty darn pointless yet they still get written every day

09-01-2005 01:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Ever think of viruses and ad-ware etc? they are pretty darn pointless yet they still get written every day

Viruses and ad ware arn't pointless to the person whos created it. There goddamn annoying to us yes, but to them, theyre loving it. Besides, my point is if people didnt want open convo notifier, why was it made? Because people did want it. Im not saying everything created has a point, just saying it was obviously put to a vote, and people liked it *shrug*
09-01-2005 01:53 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
open/close notifiers were made because:
A) they are interesting to have (for some)*
B) there was a demand for it
C) it was possible and they were accurate (at first)

* If _you_ don't find it interesting, then by all means don't use it. But certainly don't go saying they are utterly useless. You may not find it usefull, but other people might have a good reason for having it...

quote:
Close convo I find more useful because it shows if a person really wants to talk to you or not.
I'm sorry, but how does that show if a person don't really wants to talk to you? For all you know the person just find it more convenient to close the convo instead of minimizing it. Or wants to keep his desktop space/taskbar clean at all times. Or.... There are many reasons why...

This is just the same as with blocking. If you are blocked it doesn't nessecairly means the contact doesn't want to talk to you (ever again). There are lots of reasons to do something like blocking or close a convo window...

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 04:41 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2005 04:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
* If _you_ don't find it interesting, then by all means don't use it. But certainly don't go saying they are utterly useless. You may not find it usefull, but other people might have a good reason for having it...

Indeed, what ive been saying all along. Some people don't want Plus!, does that mean it shouldnt be there ;|.

quote:
I'm sorry, but how does that show if a person don't really wants to talk to you? For all you know the person just find it more convenient to close the convo instead of minimizing it. Or wants to keep his desktop space/taskbar clean at all times. Or.... There are many reasons why..

The reasons im using the open convo notifier, is bascially for people who claim to not be there, also so its easier to open thier convo instead of trailing down my list after ive closed it, instead they usually open mine if im talking to them, all it takes it a quick click on the right :) There are lots of uses for all the different features, just find one that you like the best and use it, dont hate on others!
09-01-2005 12:18 PM
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
it's ok both are a gr8, some people may also need the Open notifier! but we wont hide that it's still little bit confusing, so i can't be sure if they opened it or just your DP was downloaded!.

SO hehe what about not to change ur DP :P, and stop your contacts from cleaning their temp :P !

what i did today , is to check with each one i get a notify from that he opened my con, results were 4/4 who didn't open my conversation but i got a pop saying they did ! .

this was coz just for the 1st time, but later after they get your DP , it will be accurate 100% i think.

umm regards:D
09-01-2005 12:55 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I'm sorry, but how does that show if a person don't really wants to talk to you?
I say: Hey how are you
*Person left conversation
I say: How are you?
I say: Hey comeon answer. How are you?

Very simple Cookie very simple....

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 05:29 PM by riahc4.
09-01-2005 05:29 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
I'm sorry, but how does that show if a person don't really wants to talk to you?
I say: Hey how are you
I say: How are you?
I say: Hey comeon answer. How are you?

Very simple Cookie very simple....

indeed...pretty obsessive to see someone doesn't want to talk to you if they keep leaving the convo and not replying. granted if they reply and then close the window its impossible to tell then, as many people like to close the windows after they reply no matter who they are talkin too
09-01-2005 05:48 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: