What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
As you all know, open convo notifier isnt 100% reliable because of Microsoft "clicks" to retrieve your DP...

But alas, to figure out a geniune "click" from a microsoft one, do this:

When you get a pop up saying someones opened your convo, click it to open theres too.

Leave it open, but minimize it

Usually, if a person hasnt spoke in the convo, it most likley means its a microsoft click. BUT, after around 2 minutes, if it says the person has left the convo before theyve spoke, for me it means its a geniune click and theyve closed the box again. If nothing happens and the convo stays open, theyve either opened it and left it, or its a microsoft click.. The way to distinguish the two is simple: If youve spoke to the person earlier in the day, its a geniune click because microsoft already has the DP's. If you havent spoke to them yet, its a microsoft click.

Now it all seems a little jumbled up i know, and probably wrong because of many things
(they could just leave the convo open, but i dont know anyone who does that...)
but it could be looked into and hey i might be right :P

Thoughts?

Old news. :P
What i do is if i see a pop up i open the window and see if it says that the person is typing a msg. It works :cheesy:
Its not special cause everyone has it now :sad:
So if "Xyz" opens a convo window and i open it to see if hes typing then he sees that i see him opening :cry:
It should ignore it when i have opned by clicking the popup but i dont think thats possible :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
09-01-2005 05:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
the Open notifier is also working on the old version i mean windows messenger 4.6.

But how ? isn't supposed to use the DP download, or i'm wrong?
09-01-2005 06:30 PM
Dreth

Self-Proclaimed Bad-Ass

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
I guess it is pointless, but it cant be that pointless if people make the program, its common sence goddamn it!

AOL was invented, it's pointless and useless. If you're gonna justify ANYTHING made isn't pointless, you should make sense of the existence of life itself.

"i want to see who opens my window and doesn't talk" Who cares? If he/she doesn't talk THEN HE OR SHE DOESN'T WANT TO TALK.

You can't compare this to someone prank-calling you on the phone, because the phone rings and you have to pick it up so it can stop ringing AND you expect someone with a mildly-interesting conversation on the other end.

By opening a window you don't bother anyone, you don't go tell ing them "HEY I OPENED YOUR WINDOW, CHECK IT OUT, CLICK ME CLICK ME" and then not say anything. You must be one of those people that if they see an ant, is instantly intriguied to examine and analyze it, even if it's not doing anything. Hell it could be taking a dump (don't know if they can) and you're making up some dumb story about the ant going to its friends and hanging out.
[Image: Dreths-Nebula.jpg]
09-04-2005 10:25 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
where can i get me one of these :cheesy: , no seriously :)

i had it a while ago but then i lost my HDD and i didnt bother downloading again. Is it in stuffplug?

i found it very interesting, tho nothing happened it was still good to know if someone wants to talk to you or not, its a great little tool :)
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

09-05-2005 03:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
SikStyles, you have 570 posts, been here for 8 months and are Senior Member. Don't tell me you don't know how to search the forum?

CookieRevised's reply to How can you see if someone opens your conversation box
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-05-2005 05:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
SikStyles, you have 570 posts, been here for 8 months and are Senior Member. Don't tell me you don't know how to search the forum?

CookieRevised's reply to How can you see if someone opens your conversation box

im sorry for my lazyness, i usually search but not much :/
anyway thanks for the link :)
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

09-05-2005 01:50 PM
1harperj

Wink  RE: Intresting fact about Open/Close convo notifier....
Ok, here's a definate use for the close function: say if you open a window and send a message, if they close it without a reply, they're definately ignoring you, whereas if they don't they just aren't there.
10-22-2005 06:49 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by 1harperj
Ok, here's a definate use for the close function: say if you open a window and send a message, if they close it without a reply, they're definately ignoring you, whereas if they don't they just aren't there.
wrong... why are they defenatly ignoring you in that case you think? It might well be they:
1) accidently closed it
2) understood the statement/question, whatever, but didn't need a reply
3) couldn't reply at that time
4) etc... etc...

It ONLY _could_ mean they are not there. That's all...

This is exactly one of the reasons why there is no such thing as a closed notifier in MSN Messenger. People would simply come to wrong conclussions and misinterpet such notices...

Do not jump to conclussions like that because they are in almost all cases wrong...

10-22-2005 06:59 PM
1harperj

Ok, well in the case that your message doesn't need a reply then I think it's true. If they accidently close the window, then they'd probably reopen it within a few seconds and if they couldn't reply at the time, then surely they'd say "brb" or something.
10-22-2005 08:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
lol, no....

You're again jumping to conclussions though...

- If I accidently close a window, I'm not going to bother again to reopen it just for the sake of it.
- People don't always say "brb" when they can't reply at that time (eg: parents comming in).

Do NOT come up with your own conclussions of why you got a window closed notification.

It doesn't mean anything more than: "the chat window is closed". period!!! No "buts", no "because's", no nothing.... Just plain simple: "The chat window is closed."

Absolutely nothing more than that!

This post was edited on 10-22-2005 at 08:33 PM by CookieRevised.
10-22-2005 08:32 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: