What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others
quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
And it's not always a good thing to tell a suicidal person the proper way

well, you've probably realized i'm an insensitive bastard.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
01-30-2006 03:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Please do NOT argue.
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by [MR]
djkal, do u believe in any God? if so try praying to that God for comfort and help.

and wtf is god going to do?! give him candy?? that is, if god even existed
ok well that is your belief and maybe not his.  that is why i was asking him if he did.  and im not going to argue about this b/c tasha wanted not arguing in here. just dont critisize it.

This post was edited on 01-30-2006 at 03:12 AM by [MR].
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
01-30-2006 03:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mak

Thats me! How do I look?

– / Male / –
Why talk about all these things, if your depressed, go get some professional help - just like Omar said.

DJKL: You say your depressed and you cant sleep..why are you on the computer posting about your problems? You dont even let your family know about your issues.

And anyway, why is there a thread posting about people lives..its strange because I dont really care... i have my own life to take care of.. - sorry to sound really mean.

Im back..:banana:
01-30-2006 03:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others
quote:
Originally posted by Mak
Why talk about all these things, if your depressed, go get some professional help - just like Omar said.

DJKL: You say your depressed and you cant sleep..why are you on the computer posting about your problems? You dont even let your family know about your issues.

And anyway, why is there a thread posting about people lives..its strange because I dont really care... i have my own life to take care of.. - sorry to sound really mean.

i agree why are you on your computer posting about this go tell your parents. Also you say your cant sleep go tell your parents instead of telling us. We cant do anything we can only give you advice.
01-30-2006 03:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
To be honest I disagree with the whole 'dont post' method...

Most of the problems can be helped by talking to people with common problems or issues thats why there's such things as Support Groups; not that the forum is one but still.

Many people finding talking to people around their age more helpful than talking to someone of a more older age.

I've had my fair share of problems with domestic situations etc

However don't restrict yourselves to constant talking about the issue and bring it back to yourself - get out and do some excersise, get a hobby or a part time job to keep yourself busy.

If you seriously need to talk to someone who is 'out of the box'. I suggest a charity organisation such as ChildLine (UK for definite).
01-30-2006 03:59 AM
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by joelm
i agree why are you on your computer posting about this go tell your parents. Also you say your cant sleep go tell your parents instead of telling us.

Errr :undecided:, some people dont have the luxury of being able to talk to their parents openly about these things.

quote:
We cant do anything we can only give you advice.

Did you ever considder maybe thats what he needs? maybe he sees this place as somewhere where he can look for a helping hand.

If people don't like the thread, nobody is forcing you to read it. This thread is for those who are seeking help and comfort from people here, who they might not be able to find at home.
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
01-30-2006 04:07 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Family Life - Share your experiences, or offer support to others
quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
quote:
i agree why are you on your computer posting about this go tell your parents. Also you say your cant sleep go tell your parents instead of telling us.

Errr :undecided:, some people dont have the luxury of being able to talk to their parents openly about these things.

quote:
We cant do anything we can only give you advice.

Did you ever considder maybe thats what he needs? maybe he sees this place as somewhere where he can look for a helping hand.

If people don't like the thread, nobody is forcing you to read it. This thread is for those who are seeking help and comfort from people here, who they might not be able to find at home.

yer thats what i mean we can only give him advice which we are doing. But also i am saying we cant do anything for him but give advice. If he needs profesional help he should speak to his parents/parent/relation
01-30-2006 04:13 AM
dennis

RIGHT IN THE NUTS

you guys are lucky...... i grew up in a neighborhood and family that liked dungeons and dragons
01-30-2006 04:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
I agree with some people posting,you shouldnt look in a public forum for help,especially here,100's of people access these boards every day,anyone can read your posts
one of the main problems is :
Pedophiles,cyberstalkers, look for loners. Many parents buy their children a computer because they don't have many real life friends. These kids are easier prey, since it's less likely they'll talk about the overtures to their friends, and they are more susceptible to someone trying to befriend them. They're lonely, and the pedophile poses as a much-needed friend.

Pedophiles look for kids who are having problems at home. They too are easier prey, since they are looking for a sympathetic ear. The pedophile tries to win the child over by further separating the child from their family, complaining about "parents" generally.
by letting people know your problems in a public forums..you are an open invitation ..your a walking talking ,victim online looking for help..and
being younger..i know you all think you are untouchable ,smart and streetwise..specially being online you all think its your domain.you think.no one can touch you...but not everyone is computer savy streetwise and smart..so you leading by example..can show others thats its wrong to post such information...but these people..get to know you..and they take months even up to a year ..of talking ,geting to know you more...as soon as you tell them"i have a problem" you have already opened the door..as a "victim of circumstance"
jus like also i hate that photograh thread.".Children should never agree to send or e-mail their photograph to someone they do not know. "The next thing you know is, you see your child's face on someone else's naked body. This can happen,"
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2003/n02042003_200302044.html

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/story_p...%255E33656,00.html

You don't really know anyone here..unless you already know them in "realtime"..school,church,family or friends...but everyone you dont know..is a threat..so dont go posting information about your problems..look to people you trust..friends,teachers...and relatives if possible..school counsellors..kids help lines(most cities have them).BUT NOT HERE....please

ya i will hush now ...I know you are about to go off at me..go ahead..but if i stop one person from doing it ..great..thats enough
http://kidshealth.org/parent/positive/family/net_safety.html
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2003/n02042003_200302044.html

Kids Help Line Australia
1800 55 1800
(the above number is ,from anywhere in Australia, available 24 Hours toll free)

and worldwide:

http://www.kidshelpline.com.au/template/standard....?s=104&p=2&r=1&b=0

(if you search in the aobve link you can  Find out who else can help in your area by searching for a service.  There are over 7,000 different services listed in the Kids Help Line database, searchable by postcode or keyword.  Follow links to specific factual information about various topics or links to other websites relating to issues covered in the infosheets, websites for Help Line's in other countries and many more useful links.)

This post was edited on 01-30-2006 at 05:20 AM by kittymew.
01-30-2006 05:03 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
yep, i completely agree, its not only dangerous but lets people into your world you may not want. Get real help, nobody here has a PHD (at least not that i know of)

This post was edited on 01-30-2006 at 05:46 AM by ~INVASION~.
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
01-30-2006 05:45 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: