What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General »

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Well, it's not a bad idea to have the chance to set a group of default settings as system admin and therefore disable the wizard... 8-)
10-12-2005 06:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
However, without the wizard users may not know they are there (both the disabling possibility and the logging options themselves).
you don't care about logging in an internet cafe. :S
I'd care even more about logging in an internet cafe, seeing as everyone has access to that computer and not a selected group of users. However, I agree that an internet cafe is not the most common place for private conversations.
10-12-2005 06:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
HiraKoer

no baner plz :P

43 / Male / –
O.P.
the intention to put the MSGPLUS in ciber cafe is because as I said, it gives some benefits that to the clients they like...
but that MAGICIAN, to that talk about is enough incomodo. 

the users whom they love to form the MSGPLUS will be able to do it if really is interested...

but if no?*-)

(N)

This post was edited on 10-12-2005 at 06:23 PM by HiraKoer.
10-12-2005 06:22 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
I'd care even more about logging in an internet cafe, seeing as everyone has access to that computer and not a selected group of users. However, I agree that an internet cafe is not the most common place for private conversations.
by "i don't care" i meant "you just disable it and don't even bother activating it."
10-12-2005 06:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mandorallen

The Mandorallen

48 / Male / Flag
Well, perhaps i am in a wrong, but if you use Choli´s Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.61, you will be able to disable the Setup Wizard.

The steps are the next:

Before start any session in Msn Messenger, you have to run Tweak!, select Default Wizard and next, select FirtsTimeWizard, on the right choose False and click on Change Button and the Setup Wizard will not appear in new Msn Messenger users in each PC.

Spanish Version:

Hiro, eres un tocapelotas tamaņo galaxia, mira que venir a espamear el foro gringo [Image: dodgygato.gif]

Te bajas el Plus Tweaker de http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25692 y lo ejecutas

Seleccionas Default user y debajo seleccionas FirstTimeWizard.
A la derecha seleccionas False y le das al boton Change

Ya no volvera a aparecer El mago como le llamas tu... :banana:

Eres un spammer de los malosos malosos...

PD: Hiro doesn't speak English, at least in a logic way, and he is banned in the Spanish Forums for ever, so... (KS loves Hiro :gfdrin: )

This post was edited on 10-12-2005 at 10:09 PM by mandorallen.
[Image: 2.jpg]
10-12-2005 09:58 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mandorallen
Well, perhaps i am in a wrong, but if you use Choli´s Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.61, you will be able to disable the Setup Wizard.
You're wrong... :p

As said earlier in this thread the settings is PER USER, not globally!!! When a new user signs in, a user for which no settings exist yet, the wizard will ALWAYS appear.

This is, as Tochjo quoted from Patchou, for security related issues. Yes, logging is one of them and yes Patchou could disable logging by default. But this does not mean the security issue is solved at all (to reply on Millenium_edition comment)! A (malicious) person could then still enable logging again and the new user wouldn't know about it. Besides that, there are other important features which a new user should know of.

And besides all this security related issues, there is also the function of simply informing the new user of certain options.

The wizard is here to stay, and will always stay like that because of all the above. And there are far more annoying things in the world then simply pressing a "cancel" button...

This post was edited on 10-12-2005 at 10:20 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-12-2005 10:17 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Why not create a small app that closed the config window geeze some people lol (I will make one when I get home)
10-12-2005 10:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mandorallen

The Mandorallen

48 / Male / Flag
Well, i have done the next, i have run Tweak! and choose the options i posted before.

I have created a new user: dodgy.user@hotmail.com (password: chungocubata), and then i have signed in Msn Messenger with this new user, but i checked the "Start automatically" option in the Sign In window, setting this new account as default account, so, the Setup Wizard has not started in this new account.

It's not the optimal solution, but it's a solution, the user only has to sign off Msn Messenger and check "Forget my account" before leaving the cibercafe.

PD: Now, the owner has only to write a long instructions lis in each PC to the Msn Messenger users (A)

This post was edited on 10-12-2005 at 11:23 PM by mandorallen.
[Image: 2.jpg]
10-12-2005 11:14 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
mandorallen, it doesn not work like that....

please reread my post
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-13-2005 12:18 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
*-)

I used to think it'd be cool, but most Plus! features are not for cybers, so it seems useless...

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

10-13-2005 12:26 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: