What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General »

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Author: Message:
mandorallen

The Mandorallen

48 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
mandorallen, it doesn not work like that....

please reread my post

Yes, I have reread your post, and i understand it, really, but, i think i posted is right, i know it's not an usual way to do it, but it works.

Perhaps i think i have understand your post, but really not, so, please, tell me what i am wrong, please, i would like to understand it.
[Image: 2.jpg]
10-13-2005 12:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mandorallen
Perhaps i think i have understand your post, but really not, so, please, tell me what i am wrong, please, i would like to understand it.
The wizard will always show for new users. There is no option to disable this at all...

The registry option talked about in this thread is for existing users. Users which logged in at least once.

If somebody new is going to log in to MSN Messenger, with Plus! attached, the wizard will always show because there aren't settings yet for that user.

Creating a "dodgy.user@hotmail.com" doesn't do anything good as this is not the account of anybody. If somebody is going to log in to MSN Messenger, they user their own accounts for which there are no settings yet....

This post was edited on 10-13-2005 at 01:02 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-13-2005 12:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
HiraKoer

no baner plz :P

43 / Male / –
O.P.
I understand by companion that said that msgplus not option is done for cibercafé... not I have other that to clear this of other PC´s, although this represents to clear him to many clients that knows to use part of MSGPLUS...

... I know that you are in countries very developed where this of cibercafé is use little usual, but if really they want that it is a massive program, would be good that they also think about the facilities of people like with whom work

tonteréa can seem one that of oner TO CANCEL, and it finished.  but by where I live there is people who to know much to chatear, and any thing who happen is to them an annoyance.  imagin that if Patchou reads this and thinks as a common and current user (I appear) will understand that that welcome is of but heavy... it póngase in the shoes of an eternally new user, who in cibercafés (because aqui where alive I am not the unique one who uses the MSGPLUS in his ciber) happens constantly

(N)(N)(N)

emmm !!8o| **QUE CORNO HICIERON CON MI FIRMA !!! :@
TOCHJOOOO !!! :@   .. envidiosos 8-)

*msgplus MASSIVE MSGPLUS!  (how many companies are needed??)

¡¡¡ them I can bring 51 kilos of companies !!!

10-13-2005 05:19 AM
mandorallen

The Mandorallen

48 / Male / Flag
Undecided 
I am sorry, but i didn't explain well in my second post.

When you check Default User in Plus! Tweak!, i understan i am choosing the user who i sign in Msn Messenger with the option "Start automatically" (i have this option in Spanish, so i don´t know the exactly English Translation), so, if i select another email account and check this option in the Sign In Windows, it will be the Default User in Msn Messenger and so that, in Plus! Tweak!

Then, if i have checked in Plus! Tweak! that Default User will not start with Setup Wizard, any email account i use as Default User in Msn Messenger, will not start with the Setup Wizard, and the way to change the Default User in Msn Messenger is checking in the Sign In Window the "Start Automatically" Option in any start.

I created a new email account (real account, i post the password if you want to check it) in Hotmail, called dodgy.user@hotmail.com (password: chungocubata) and i signed in Msn Messenger with it in my laptop, but checking it in the Sign In Window as "Start Automatically", i never used it before, but the Setup Wizard NOT started (i asked my sister to start with his email account in my laptop, and the Setup Wizard appeared as usual, we didn't check the "Start Automatically" option with his email account).

So i don't understand why the Setup Wizard didn´t start with this email account, i know is not an existing user in my laptop the first time i used it, so it's a new user, but the problem is, checking it as Deafult User in Msn Messenger, the Setup Wizard didn't start, so, if you are in reason, why didn´t start the Setup Wizard the first time i used it?

PS: please, tell me if you don´t understand anything in my post, i know my English is not as good as it would be to talk with you about this, and it's a bit difficult to me to explain exactly i want to say.

PS II: and thanks in advance, i wouldn't like to be a pain in the neck for you, so, next time, i will talk with KS to get a better English Translation for my post.

PS for Hiro: i have answered your email about your question about your dodgy signature // Hiroooooo, que te he contestado al mail sobre tu firma, miratelo.

Edit: Hiro, he leido tu mail y no se entiende ni papa para un Ingles, la proxima vez no uses un traductor online, pidemelo a mi. (I am saying Hiro his previous mail is impossible to understan to an English user)

This post was edited on 10-13-2005 at 10:04 AM by mandorallen.
10-13-2005 09:59 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The "default" user in Messenger Plus! is actually an existing user, it points to the last used existing account.

You even said so yourself:
quote:
Originally posted by mandorallen
any email account i use as Default User in Msn Messenger, will not start with the Setup Wizard,
If you use "an email account as default user" that email account exists. Therefore the Wizard has already been shown and will not show again...

And choosing "sign in automatically" in msn messenger is only possible if you already signed in once with a specific account (thus that account also already existed in Messenger Plus!).

This post was edited on 10-13-2005 at 11:54 PM by CookieRevised.
10-13-2005 10:13 AM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

then disable logging etc, by default, if the registry key is added?

not hard! :(
10-13-2005 02:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
And choosing "sign in automatically" in msn messenger is only possible if you already signed in once with a specific account (thus that account also already existed in Messenger Plus!).

It's not sign in automatically, but it is remember this account. This can be used for yet not logged in accounts. However, that would require anyone to check that box. Few would, so it's not a solution.

I think we should gather some ideas to add a simple mass-system default settings in order to check the wizard out.
As for the chat logging, the system admin should be warned that enabling it by default may brake users' privacy. Or maybe a more privacy-friendly policy would be to directly force the admin to disable  chat logging if they are setting defaults. Individually, accounts would be able to enable it, but on their own risk.

Why not? ;)
10-13-2005 08:19 PM
mandorallen

The Mandorallen

48 / Male / Flag
Sorry, "remember this account" option was the key option for it, i know it's not a solution (i posted it in my first post), but is a way to avoid the Setup Wizard

I am sorry for my bad English :(

* mandorallen go to a corner crying...
10-13-2005 10:12 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
* Choli has to post here to solve your questions :P

well, Mandorallen is not 100% right but is less wrong than Cookie :P

Let me show you how and where Plus stores its settings and how Plus handles the first sign in of new accounts:

As you know, Plus stores nearly all its settings under HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2 in the registry. In that branch of the registry there are several branches with the name of messenger accounts and under those ones there is a section called Preferences where most of the settings of the account are saved.

But, what happens with new accounts? Well, when the user signs in in Messenger with an account that is not in the HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2 branch, Plus creates a new sub-branch and copies all the settings under HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Nobody to the new brach. This is the way that Plus has to get the default initial settings for a new account. And when you select "Default User" in my tweaker you are just changing the settings in HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Nobody\Preferences . These settings do nothing to existing users... they apply to accounts that have still not signed in.

And now what happens with the wizard? Well, when a user signs in with an account, Plus looks at HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email@address>\Preferences\FirstTimeWizard and depending on if the key exists or not, and depending on its value Plus will show or not the configuration wizard.

Putting all this together, you'll see why Mandorallen is right: If you select "default user" and change the setting FirstTimeWizard to False, when a new account signs in, Plus will copy everything under HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Nobody to HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<account> and then will look for the key FirstTimeWizard, which will be false and therefore Plus won't show the configuration wizard.

I hope that makes more sense now for everybody :)

On the other hand, there are the problems related to privacy, etc... I won't talk about them. I think everyone is free to do whatever s/he wants on his/her computer, so if Hirakoer wants to change that in his computers at the cibercafe, I thinks he has the right...

HiraKoer :mipdodgy:
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-14-2005 11:05 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Putting all this together, you'll see why Mandorallen is right
only his talk about setting the key in his first post. Not about the "signing in automatically" or "remember this account" things after that...

----------

Anyways, what Choli explained is correct and I knew this too...

However, I was under the very strong impression, by the stuff said by Patchou about this wizard, that this particular key isn't copied (like there are other keys which aren't copied; at least this was the case in earlier versions IIRC)...

Also, the fact that mandorallen kept talking about this "default user" put me way off. The "default user" is a setting, like I said, which points to an existing user. This is the user from which the preferences are loaded before you sign in in MSN Messenger.

The fact that in Plus! Tweaker the "nobody" account is also called "default user" is a bit confussing, and should actually be called otherwise ("Nobody" to be more correct). As the "nobody" account isn't the same as the default user account.

Thus the "default user" I was talking about and the "default user" in the Plus! tweaker are two very different things (not to mention the "default user" in msn messenger is yet another thing)...

Nevertheless, I do apologize to mandorallen for providing inaccurate info...

This post was edited on 10-15-2005 at 12:34 AM by CookieRevised.
10-15-2005 12:25 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: