What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General »

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Author: Message:
HiraKoer

no baner plz :P

43 / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy 
- Gud mornin - jeje

*bueno, pido disculpas por escribir en español... pero es que si escribo en inglés puede que diga cosas que no quiero decir por una mala traducción*

Mi queja viene con respecto al INICIO de seción del msn... YO soy dueño de un ciber y tengo instalda la version de el msgplus en las maquinas, y desde la versión 3.50 apareció la ventana de bienvenida del msgplus (que ayuda a las personas nuevas) pero esto, cuando el equipo es compartido y se tiene las máquinas CONGELADAS por seguridad, es mas bien una incomodidad, ya que para la mayoria ( por no decir todos) de clientes, lo sienten más como una pérdida de tiempo.

por eso quisiera saber si hay alguna forma de inhabilitar esta ventana de inicio. o pedir que a la hora de instalar pregunte el mismo msgPLUS si es que se quiere esa ventana de bienvenida o ES EQUIPO COMPARTIDO.

--sé que la mayoria de usuarios del msgplus son personas que tienen sus computadoras personales, y esto les puede resultar algo tonto... pero para mí que trato que los clientes de mi ciber puedan disfrutar de muchos beneficios que da el msgplus! (asi como deben haber algunos más) esta ventana de bienvenida e inicio resulta negativa para el plus

***para los que no saben ( supongo que son pocos) al CONGELAR  la maquina, cada vez que se reinicia la misma, hace perder toda la información que se haya generado en el transcurso de su uso.. asi, si una persona ingresa a la maquina, y el dia siguiente ingresa a la misma... entrería como NUEVO, no reconocido por el equipo... asi al ingresar al messenger volveri´a salir la ventana del msgplus - cosa que es muy incomoda

ESPERO QUE TOMEN EN CUENTA ESTO.. GRACIAS ....->Hiro

This post was edited on 10-12-2005 at 05:54 PM by HiraKoer.
10-12-2005 05:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
UnduTheGun

37 / Male / Flag
RE: COMPLAINT - beginning of msgplus! (es)
Hiro is aking to add the possibility when you install msgplus! whether you allow or not the configuration wizard to appear or not, because it can be annoying when you use it at a cyber café. (maybe an auto config for a basic usage?)

I think it's a nice suggestion. (Y)

quote:
Gud mornin - jeje

*well, pardon me for writting in spanish... but if I write in English some things couls be misunderstood because of a bad translation*

My complaint is about the start of session of the messenger...  I'm an owner of a cyber and I have installed msgplus in the computers. Since version 3.50 the welcome window of msgplus appears (the one that helps new users). But when the computer is a shared one and if you have it BLOCKED for security, this window can be an inconvenience, since most of the clients (if not all), feel it's a waste of time. 

Therefore I wanted to know if there is some form to deactivate this window, or  ask  at the moment of  installing you want this window to appear or not (for a shared computer). 

--I know most of msgplus users are people that have it in their personal computers, and this can result them somewhat foolish... but for me that I try my clients of the cyber to enjoy many of its benefits this window of welcome and it's negative for the program

***A blocked computer erases all the information changed/stored durinfg the las session when it's restarted, giving the result of showing every reboot the welcome screen, even if this user has already logged in before, a thing that can annoy the user.

I EXPECT THAT you TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THIS.  THANKS ....->Hiro

This post was edited on 10-12-2005 at 06:14 PM by UnduTheGun.
10-12-2005 05:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
It is unlikely that this will be included in the future. Patchou himself said
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The reason why you can't disable the wizard is that thisway, your friends have the possibility to disable the logging feature and some other stuff you may have enabled. That's a security features :).

Additionally, please only post in English. There is a Spanish forum; you can post your suggestions in Spanish there. If you would like to post them here, ask if someone there can translate the text in English or post here for you.
10-12-2005 06:01 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

which is basically a very lame reason because you could just disable logging and other potential privacy related features.
10-12-2005 06:04 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
dditionally, please only post in English. There is a Spanish forum; you can post your suggestions in Spanish there. If you would like to post them here, ask if someone there can translate the text in English or post here for you.

On a side note, you should know this user got an undefined ban on the Hispanic board. :P

However, wasn't there a registry setting that would disable the wizard? :-/
10-12-2005 06:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
However, wasn't there a registry setting that would disable the wizard? :-/
for a specific user - yes
not for the first-time user afaik
10-12-2005 06:09 PM
HiraKoer

no baner plz :P

43 / Male / –
O.P.
Oh thanks Holland cat.

- although it does not even convince the answer to me.

*  Tochjo I AM a member BANEADO of the forum in Spanish...

I was so to spamer as you in the Spanish forum!

*jojoi;)
10-12-2005 06:09 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
On a side note, you should know this user got an undefined ban on the Hispanic board.
:dodgy:
quote:
Originally posted by HiraKoer
I was so to spamer as you in the Spanish forum!
:dodgy::dodgy:

quote:
However, wasn't there a registry setting that would disable the wizard?
Not to my knowledge, no.

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
which is basically a very lame reason because you could just disable logging and other potential privacy related features.
However, without the wizard users may not know they are there (both the disabling possibility and the logging options themselves).

This post was edited on 10-12-2005 at 06:11 PM by Tochjo.
10-12-2005 06:10 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
quote:

How for a specific user? The wizard is supposed to appear when no such user settings exist, so it can't really be set for some specific user, cause they don't actually exist on the registry yet. :P

I could be wrong, of course. :^)
10-12-2005 06:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
However, without the wizard users may not know they are there (both the disabling possibility and the logging options themselves).
you don't care about logging in an internet cafe. :S
quote:
quote:

How for a specific user? The wizard is supposed to appear when no such user settings exist, so it can't really be set for some specific user, cause they don't actually exist on the registry yet. :P

I could be wrong, of course. :^)
with plus! tweak you can set it to appear next time you sign in, even if it has already appeared

This post was edited on 10-12-2005 at 06:13 PM by Millenium_edition.
10-12-2005 06:13 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: