What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Official Msgplus Chat Channel?

Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
Official Msgplus Chat Channel?
Author: Message:
surfichris
Former Admin

RE: Official Msgplus Chat Channel?
quote:
Originally posted by joelm
negro_joe
Ahem, the user who comes there and acts like a f'ing idiot?
11-03-2005 10:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Official Msgplus Chat Channel?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
quote:
negro_joe
Ahem, the user who comes there and acts like a f'ing idiot?

that dosent make sence to me
he user who comes there and acts like a f'ing idiot? - are you telling me he acts like a  f'ing idiot or are you asking me?
11-03-2005 11:01 AM
emit
Disabled Account

Cookie: yet read through yesterday's log; John Anderton, mwe99, lordy16... were they abused? Were they <insert whatever pointless accusations you have cited here>? And look at the regulars we've had join the channel lately... hexel, Haz, rix - they have fitted straight in. These are not-so-regulars accepting the channel.

It should never have been official. EOF. It should, as was intended, just been an outlet for the helpers in #msgplus to chat and have the anarchy that should not exist in #msgplus. Simple.

Idling has everything to do with it. If you don't take an active part in the channel, you're not a part of the channel's "community". Greenboy never says anything yet his client has been in there for months; does that entitle him to an opinion? No way, because it just idles, he takes no part in anything. Just because #banana is on the Plus IRC server, a server which doesn't actually belong to anyone in the community even, doesn't associate it with Plus by default. Just as I could register #cheese on the server and it would be nothing to do with Plus. The association with Plus was forced upon the channel by the webchat button; something the regularls never wanted, never embraced. So, in spirit, the channel is not an extension of Plus.

"And FYI, I still idle there instead of parting it, because I care about what happens in an official (or much used) channel, just because of the image it represents officially or not."

So why are you not in #msgplus on EFnet? It represents the image of Plus, it gets people who need help in it and it is known as the alternative to the Plus server should the server ever experience downtime. You're not an official representative of Plus so why are you projecting this image that you have to look after everything Plus related. Just part and save us regulars who enjoy how the channel is the hassle of your derogatory opinion. It's not official anymore so there's no need for you to lord it over Plus' precious image.

The 35 regulars in there would not have become regulars were it as bad as you lay claim to it being.

Yes, we prefer proper grammar or spelling because it makes life so difficult trying to understand various versions of txt message talk. That truism holds sway over a lot of IRC channels on a lot of networks. It's a small courtesy to type full sentences and full words; take enough pride in yourself to use decent, readable English. Don't just do it on IRC even, do it throughout every typing pastime you partake in.

Haha @ joelm's signature. That's the most amusing thing I've seen in a long time.

This post was edited on 11-03-2005 at 11:09 AM by emit.
11-03-2005 11:04 AM
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
he user who comes there and acts like a f'ing idiot? - are you telling me he acts like a  f'ing idiot or are you asking me?
I'm questioning why you say he is the one being abused when he deserves it alot of the time for acting like a complete idiot on the network.
11-03-2005 11:07 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
well its not like i go on there to get abused im shore that he dosent go on there to get abused
11-03-2005 11:09 AM
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
he dosent go on there to get abused
HE acts like an idiot. What is called a "troll". If he didn't, then he wouldn't cop the crap.
11-03-2005 11:11 AM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Time
Cookie: yet read through yesterday's log; John Anderton, mwe99, lordy16... were they abused?
:O i was mentioned!!

* lordy feels special :D

and no i wasnt abused, in fact it was quite enjoyable, and im going to keep going back:)
11-03-2005 11:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Official Msgplus Chat Channel?
quote:
Originally posted by nvez
For now the "chat" channel is #apple; we'll see how it will go.

Excuse me? What? Who said that you get to pick the chat channel? If anything, it will be picked by the opers and I'm sure that they will have a vote on who will run it. Not only that, like CookieRevised said. Chatting in #msgplus for now when no help is going on would be the best idea atm, and if it gets out of hand, then we can go back to my idea: an official chat channel.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
11-03-2005 12:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Excuse me? What? Who said that you get to pick the chat channel?
#apple was added to the webchat for the moment... so shush...
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
11-03-2005 01:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
emit
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Official Msgplus Chat Channel?
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Excuse me? What? Who said that you get to pick the chat channel? If anything, it will be picked by the opers and I'm sure that they will have a vote on who will run it. Not only that, like CookieRevised said. Chatting in #msgplus for now when no help is going on would be the best idea atm, and if it gets out of hand, then we can go back to my idea: an official chat channel.

Too late, the Network Admin already made the webchat point to #apple.
11-03-2005 02:04 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: