What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Reasons why threads were closed

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Reasons why threads were closed
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Reasons why threads were closed
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I think by obligation something should be added to the code to make the mod/admin that closes a thread to be the last post in the thread saying at least "Closed" and/or the reason its closed.

Example: (U1 is a user, U2 is a mod)

U1: I want a direct link to Windows Vista with the WPA crack plz..

U2: Illegal discusstion is not allowed here. Closed.

UNLESS THE LAST POST IS MADE BY THE MOD WHO CLOSED THE THREAD (OR A ADMIN) THE THREAD CANNOT BE CLOSED.

It will I think clear up some confustion and clear up the reason why it was closed.
Read the rules and remember them. If your thread is closed and you cant understand why then read the contents of your thread and the rules again (if a mod hasnt made a closing post and if he/she has then .... well nothing further to say huh !)

If you still dont understand then pm WDZ and he'll tell you ......

Imho if your thread is closed, see what content was posted in it. It doesnt take a genious to figure out why the thread was closed.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
11-06-2005 08:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
Bit if everyone was Pming WDZ then he's bound to get annoyed isnt he.
Becasue it's not always him closing threads, and he gets about 50pm's a day!
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

11-06-2005 10:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
As several people (including WDZ) already said: since a long time, posts with reasons are already given when threads are closed and the reason isn't dead obvious...

This discussion is about discussing something which is already done! Instead of argumenting (and calling mods lazy) look at the latest posts page and scroll thru the pages and find the locked threads and see for yourself...

In those years I've been here I have never seen a locked thread which I didn't know the reason for why it was locked (or maybe 1 or 2 out of the thousands threads in those years)...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-06-2005 10:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
If a reason is stated as to why someone was banned or why a thread was closed, it would lessen the chance for other threads of the same nature to pop up again. It also gives the forum more of a user-friendly feel to it, and causes less confusion

Yes But People should Read/Know the Rules  just like your Post about a WLM a-patch Crack to use WLM , you have been on these forums long enough to know you shouldnt post stuff like that, so thats why your Post/thread was deleted,
11-06-2005 11:28 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
Agreed.

Also, when someone is arrested, they are told why they were arrested and what law they broke (with the crazy laws coming out nowadays that probably won't happen anymore).

If a reason is stated as to why someone was banned or why a thread was closed, it would lessen the chance for other threads of the same nature to pop up again. It also gives the forum more of a user-friendly feel to it, and causes less confusion.

I don't know why this is being compared to somebody being arrested, they're on completely different levels, most people who get arrested would know why they were arrested, violent misconduct etc.

The admins do give reasons why people are banned, when you get banned you receive an email, stating why you were banned, and how long it will last, at least I have always have, and it isn't as if I'm a newb on that subject :p...

I don't think this forum needs a user-friendly feel to it, we're one of the nicest Messenger communities around (imo), as I have said many times, we're always nice to new members, and if we're not, then the posts get deleted etc, and we get told off... As WDZ already said, most of the time, if it isn't obvious, we are told why the threads we made have been closed, so there isn't really much reason to argue the point out anymore.
11-06-2005 11:40 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
As WDZ said,
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
we (the mods) almost always make a post with the reason for closing. If there isn't a post, the reason should be apparent to anyone with common sense

This thread isn't going anywhere and is therefore closed.

[edit] You forgot the italics, Tochjo!

This post was edited on 11-06-2005 at 01:40 PM by surfichris.
11-06-2005 12:40 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: