What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Forum Charity

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Forum Charity
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Forum Charity
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Giving the money to a charity means that it may get stolen or just used to pay their costs, the people you really want to help won't get anything.
Not true!

Legit, decent charities do not steal money, and your donations do get to the people in need. In fact, the charities more far better than anyone else to where the money should go. And money is not always what the people in need need; The charities will buy the stuff the people need with the money you send.

Of course there are bad examples which call themself "charities", but they should in no way taken as an example for the legit decent charities.

Don't generalize...

quote:
Originally posted by Super Dude
I would put some money forward, but only if its not with Paypal. They are a bunch of money-stealing arseholes who take money away from good people (like the SomethingAwful.com money drive for Hurrican Katrina... what the eff!)
That rant from somethingawful only shows how close minded they are. Paypal is very legit and trustable. In fact, what they did is what every company would do. They are absolutely very right to temporarly freeze (not close down!!!!) an account which raises such an amount of money in no time. They are absolutely correct in stating that there is a lot of abuse. Any right minded person would understand why they do this.

And I'm very sure that the rant also is often an overstatement of what truely happened and only shows one (maybe twisted) side of the story; that is what rants are afterall... And the photo's between that text also aren't much proof of a good mature unbiased opinion about all this.

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
If you really want to give money away, go to a local shelter and give it to the person you want to help. Or better yet, give them food, blankets, etc.
That is indeed another possebility.

quote:
Originally posted by Super Dude
Paypal = Not trustworthy at all!
Paypal is very trustworthy

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
and if they are donated to patchy?
afaik patch donates to charity already :P I remember reading somewhere on msgplus.net about him donating to red cross for the tsunami victims.
Indeed, but Patchou donates money all the time to the Red Cross in name of Messenger Plus! when people buy something from the online Plus! store. The donation for the tsunami victims was a special additional donation.

This post was edited on 02-09-2006 at 11:20 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-09-2006 11:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Forum Charity
The chances are I would set something up in paypal, such as with the user msgpluscharity@gmail.com, and any money that goes in is heaped up until we have enough to choose what to do with the money, then I'll send it up, and show everyone the receipts etc.

If anybody has a problem with that, then say.
02-09-2006 12:11 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Forum Charity
Because this would be in the name of Messenger Plus! (I at least assume), you also need to contact Patchou about this. Though I don't think he has any problem with it; nevertheless, if you do something in the name of Messenger Plus!, it is always needed to contact Patchou...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-09-2006 12:13 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Forum Charity
Shall I email him now regarding the thread? I will send it to his more personal email rather than his Messenger Plus! one, as his msgplus one is bombarded with emails regarding beta testing, and I doubt he will read those anytime soon,.
02-09-2006 12:21 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Shall I email him now regarding the thread? I will send it to his more personal email rather than his Messenger Plus! one, as his msgplus one is bombarded with emails regarding beta testing, and I doubt he will read those anytime soon,.

Yeh you should he may even promote it more. Patchou cares alot about charity and if he can raise alot of money for a good cause everyone wins.
02-09-2006 08:49 PM
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
maybe we could donate to patchou for all his efforts?
02-09-2006 09:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper

i wrote that :dodgy:
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-09-2006 09:35 PM
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper

i wrote that :dodgy:
oops :P
i couldnt be bothered to read all the posts tbh :refuck:
02-09-2006 10:43 PM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
i think we should give it to Patchou for offering an amsing free tool for so many years, but i dont have paypal with money in it so i cant really help out
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
02-09-2006 10:48 PM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
I think the best person to administer the paypal account is Patch himself. Not that I think that traxor isn't trustworthy or something, but Patchou is the msgplus! man. This will also make sure more people will trust to send money.

And don't use a gmail account for the paypal, patch should make a charity@msgplus.com or something.

And maybe save it up untill christmas or something and make a poll to choose where the money gets donated.

This post was edited on 02-09-2006 at 10:59 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

02-09-2006 10:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: