What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Leaked WLM PLUS Problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Leaked WLM PLUS Problem
Author: Message:
.MystiKal

O.P. Leaked WLM PLUS Problem
Ok, I know your all going to give me the what not on not to download links from the official source, but I downloaded the Leak from a website by the person known as ENJOi.

Is there any way to sort this? It won't let me sign-in to MSN Messenger on any version. E-Messenger etc. works ok.

Help would be very much appreciated.

(Figured i'd post here as this would be the more correct place to ask this question)
04-19-2006 09:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem
Uninstalling is the only option here, sorry.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-19-2006 09:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.MystiKal

O.P. RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem
I un-installed but yet it still won't let me on. I think it embedded files somewhere else.
04-19-2006 09:42 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .MystiKal
I un-installed but yet it still won't let me on. I think it embedded files somewhere else.
I assure you it doesnt affect your sign in status...
and even if it did, thats why you dont download leaked betas
04-19-2006 09:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
do yu get any errors...?

my friends had a similar problem... emessenger worked etc etc, just like you... he didnt mention the error code to me so i couldn't find any things about it, when he actually did after about a month a slution was found with google...

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-19-2006 09:46 PM
.MystiKal

O.P. RE: RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem
quote:
Originally posted by Kobol
quote:
I assure you it doesnt affect your sign in status...
and even if it did, thats why you dont download leaked betas

I read it cripples your contact list or something like that.

Well, anyway, everytime I tried signing in to MSNM it said I had troubles signing in. I go to troubleshoot and it freezes the whole thing and Windows Vista gets the error report thing which doesn't do a thing.

Nothing like this happened with me before the Leak. Are you sure its not the leak thats affecting it?

Yeah I got that ^^; Won't happen again.

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
do yu get any errors...?

my friends had a similar problem... emessenger worked etc etc, just like you... he didnt mention the error code to me so i couldn't find any things about it, when he actually did after about a month a slution was found with google...

Well, Windows Vista gets the error and wants me to send a report. You want an error code? I'll get it if it shows.

Ok it says :

80004005 = Thats the code.

And it says that sorry MSN Beta can't sign me in because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I've been trying for 3 days...

This post was edited on 04-19-2006 at 09:50 PM by .MystiKal.
04-19-2006 09:47 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
I read it cripples your contact list or something like that.
Thats only a virus that pretends to be Plus!.  And it just deletes your contact list.

quote:

Well, anyway, everytime I tried signing in to MSNM it said I had troubles signing in. I go to troubleshoot and it freezes the whole thing and Windows Vista gets the error report thing which doesn't do a thing.
Its worth noting that Windows Vista and WLM 8 are not intended for eachother yet.  Throwing in a leaked beta of Messenger Plus! Live doesnt exactly help.  So the situation has changed to now it could be possible...anything could be...cause your on Vista.

quote:

Nothing like this happened with me before the Leak. Are you sure its not the leak thats affecting it?

Well, as stated above, im confident, but since you're on Vista anything is possible.

quote:
Yeah I got that ^^; Won't happen again.
Well, you're using Vista, arent you?  Probably a leaked build as well, which can cause all kinds of problems....I doubt you'll stop though, most of the people who download leaks never stop.

Its also worth noting if you did download the fake virus version of Plus! at some point, it can inflict damage to your Messenger including sign in issues...

This post was edited on 04-19-2006 at 09:54 PM by Dane.
04-19-2006 09:52 PM
.MystiKal

Why does my contact list appear on E-Messenger etc. in that case? Do you mean it clears it from the MSNM windows itself?

It's not leaked, I got a CD. And I signed-up for MSN 8 ages ago, and for my new Hotmail. The only thing I got leaked was the WLM Plus.

I see. Ok, then I should probably wipe my computer and start from scratch. Make two partitions, one for Windows Vista and one for Windows XP.

So nobody knows how to fix this virus from ENJOi?
04-19-2006 09:57 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Why does my contact list appear on E-Messenger etc. in that case? Do you mean it clears it from the MSNM windows itself?

Well, you obviously downloaded the leaked 214 if you still see your contact list.

quote:

I see. Ok, then I should probably wipe my computer and start from scratch. Make two partitions, one for Windows Vista and one for Windows XP.

So nobody knows how to fix this virus from ENJOi?
I would, start fresh and keep anything leaked/suspicious off your computer....Its not a Virus from "ENJOi"....the beta you got wasnt a virus.
04-19-2006 10:01 PM
.MystiKal

Ok, thanks.

Been wanting to do this for a while anyway. (Sorry for going off-topic here) Thing is, using my Partition Magic I cant create any partitions on my computer. Is it no compatible with Vista? Can I just insert the WIndows XP CD and start from there?
04-19-2006 10:07 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: