What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Leaked WLM PLUS Problem

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Leaked WLM PLUS Problem
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem
Yes...just insert the XP or Vista CD and use the onscreen partitioning..

Thanks for coming to the Messenger Plus! Forums!

This post was edited on 04-19-2006 at 10:11 PM by Dane.
04-19-2006 10:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NeCroNo

Im having the same problem, I signed up for Messenger Live and downloaded the latest build 8.0.0566 and I also installed Msg Plus (I dont remember the version but It was the one before the latest release) but there wasnt any compatibility at all neither crashes or errors, but just until yesterday I got a message from msg plus telling me that there was a new version and if I wanted to download it, so I clicked yes and Installed it, then the computer needed to restart so I restarted It, everything was going normal, I even signed in and started chatting, then I signed out and signed in later, that's when I had the problem, I clicked the signed In button and I got a message tellimg me that the service wasnt available at the moment, with the error code 80004005 and then it crashed my messenger, so i went nuts trying to fix this, i uninstalled and reinstalled a million times and nothing, then i went to mess.be and saw a new messenger live (LEAKED) the version is 8.0.0683.00_Branches, so i downloaded it and installed it, and everything went ok again, i signed in again and everything was ok, until I reinstalled msg plus, I got the same error again, so I tried to fix it again but i get no results, I've tried everything, the only thing that works right now is messenger 7.5, so i dont recommend you users of messenger live to install the latest release of msg plus, I guess it has serious compatibility issues with Live, the previous versions of plus were ok, I never get any problems or crashes with them on Live.

So if you find an answer to this problem please let us know, it hurts going back to 7.5 after using Live.

Thanks.
04-19-2006 10:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Both Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger are beta products and in your situation, both versions you are using were not meant to be public either. That's what you get by installing this kind of software on your computer, sorry.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-19-2006 10:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.MystiKal

O.P. RE: RE: Leaked WLM PLUS Problem
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Both Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger are beta products and in your situation, both versions you are using were not meant to be public either. That's what you get by installing this kind of software on your computer, sorry.

Yeah, guess I deserved it. Thanks any guys/gals.
04-19-2006 10:36 PM
joemailey

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by NeCroNo
Im having the same problem, I signed up for Messenger Live and downloaded the latest build 8.0.0566 and I also installed Msg Plus (I dont remember the version but It was the one before the latest release) but there wasnt any compatibility at all neither crashes or errors, but just until yesterday I got a message from msg plus telling me that there was a new version and if I wanted to download it, so I clicked yes and Installed it, then the computer needed to restart so I restarted It, everything was going normal, I even signed in and started chatting, then I signed out and signed in later, that's when I had the problem, I clicked the signed In button and I got a message tellimg me that the service wasnt available at the moment, with the error code 80004005 and then it crashed my messenger, so i went nuts trying to fix this, i uninstalled and reinstalled a million times and nothing, then i went to mess.be and saw a new messenger live (LEAKED) the version is 8.0.0683.00_Branches, so i downloaded it and installed it, and everything went ok again, i signed in again and everything was ok, until I reinstalled msg plus, I got the same error again, so I tried to fix it again but i get no results, I've tried everything, the only thing that works right now is messenger 7.5, so i dont recommend you users of messenger live to install the latest release of msg plus, I guess it has serious compatibility issues with Live, the previous versions of plus were ok, I never get any problems or crashes with them on Live.

So if you find an answer to this problem please let us know, it hurts going back to 7.5 after using Live.

Thanks.

Thats the reason why patchou doesn't make public beta's i guess muppets like him ruin it and bad name msg plus xD and he not suppose to have it :-|
04-20-2006 01:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NeCroNo

Hey guys I found a way to fix my problem, Im not sure if is going to fix yours Mystikal but its worth the try, well all you have to do is go to "C:\Documents and Settings\(your session name)\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger" and delete all the folders inside that one, and that's it, now you can reinstall the latest version of Live Messenger and it should work;)(Y)

04-23-2006 05:00 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: