What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Windows Vista Build 5365 Released

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
Author: Message:
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
it also comes with built in media center (vista ultimate), so thats another feature that vista has and not xp (except xp media center edition)

Which will probably get removed because M$ are bundle'n there O/S with stuff and not given anyone esle a chance lol.

so? what's wrong with that? the only other program that i know of that installs a media center is nero 7. and i don't really care if 1 comapny will have a little les profit
04-27-2006 11:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
quote:
so? what's wrong with that?

did i say there was problem?

i was jsut pointing out what M$ have been in court for with EU over.

put other programs in there O/S

AKA like Windows media Player.

None allowed to be bundled with it XP no more in some EU countries and others
04-27-2006 11:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Vista Build 5365 Released
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
The people that can't afford to upgrade their hardware probably won't mind not seeing those special effects and they hardly can complain about not seeing them if they don't upgrade their hardware anyways :P. You can't expect microsoft to create new features that work on hardware years old perfectly
if a linux company such as redhat an or novel or the other big companies that make linux put all this eye candy in there OS an still make it work with a minimum card an otherr hardware, why cant MS? ..at the end of the day companies an the average desktop user will go over to linux coz it works an wont have to spend money just to get a certian feature(s) to work .
04-27-2006 12:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
Read this, interesting what this guy had to say about Vista

Re: The new UAP (User Account Protection) feature
quote:
Originally posted by that guy

The bad news, then, is that UAP is a sad, sad joke. It's the most annoying feature ... (including) that ridiculous Clippy character from older Office versions.
One of the first things I do whenever I install a new Windows version is download and install Mozilla Firefox. If we forget, for a moment, the number of warning dialogs we get during the download and install process (including a brazen security warning from Windows Firewall for which Microsoft should be chastised), let's just examine one crucial, often overlooked issue. Once Firefox is installed, there are two icons on my Desktop I'd like to remove: The Setup application itself and a shortcut to Firefox. So I select both icons and drag them to the Recycle Bin. Simple, right?

Wrong. Here's what you have to go through to actually delete those files in Windows Vista. First, you get a File Access Denied dialog (Figure) explaining that you don't, in fact, have permission to delete a ... shortcut?? To an application you just installed??? Seriously?

OK, fine. You can click a Continue button to "complete this operation." But that doesn't complete anything. It just clears the desktop for the next dialog, which is a Windows Security window (Figure). Here, you need to give your permission to continue something opaquely called a "File Operation." Click Allow, and you're done. Hey, that's not too bad, right? Just two dialogs to read, understand, and then respond correctly to. What's the big deal?

What if you're doing something a bit more complicated? Well, lucky you, the dialogs stack right up, one after the other, in a seemingly never-ending display of stupidity. Indeed, sometimes you'll find yourself unable to do certain things for no good reason, and you click Allow buttons until you're blue in the face. It will never stop bothering you, unless you agree to stop your silliness and leave that file on the desktop where it belongs. Mark my words, this will happen to you. And you will hate it.

That sounds completly horrible. Mind you, that was in build 5342, so maybe it was improved. As it stands, with UAP, Windows ME is looking better.

:lol: at UAP

This post was edited on 04-27-2006 at 03:47 PM by MeEtc.
04-27-2006 03:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
Transparency doesn't work here neither. My laptop is 9 months old :p it should work fine on a recent system imo! I'll have to add more memory i guess, only got 512. Everything goes fast except navigating trough folders. And i might guess the problem: IndexSearcher.exe fails constantly. I guess this is the program which keeps the fileindex of your hdd and controls the search to folders etc. Because of the fail I guess it has to search manually which takes longer. I'll ask microsoft about this.
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
04-27-2006 04:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX

We arn't going to be forced to update to Vista, so if you upgrade then you should know that the special effects, features, and all that good stuff, are going to require you to get your computer updated so it can run the OS smoothly.
true sean but who can afford to buy a 512MB video card just to get all those effects?.. sure can but im not going to when i can get those effects within linux. but some of the features should run ok under a 256MB Vid card, i dont see many people in the fedora forum using a top of the range Cpu ..or Vid card

another interesting read  about Windows Vista Firewall is Here ( click on link toread )

Well, to be fair here Vista isn't going to be cheap as it is. IIRC the last time I looked, the basic version of Vista is going to be around something like $250USD. That's a hella lot more than XP Home is at the moment. If you can afford to buy a operating system at that price, why not a graphics card too?
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
04-28-2006 01:32 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:

Well, to be fair here Vista isn't going to be cheap as it is. IIRC the last time I looked, the basic version of Vista is going to be around something like $250USD. That's a hella lot more than XP Home is at the moment. If you can afford to buy a operating system at that price, why not a graphics card too?

remembering thats $US dollars so its bound to be more in australia ..prolly around the $450 mark maybe.  i recently upgraded Videocard not long ago to a x800 card from a x700 card due to another reason not concering windows vista. IMO i think its to much to ask for an average user or a gamer to go out an spend money on vista an pay for a decent video card to an to findout after they install it there gonna have to upgrade something else to, as prices of XP professional get lower an lower people will just opt for that, than vista,
04-28-2006 01:43 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

remembering thats $US dollars so its bound to be more in australia ..prolly around the $450 mark maybe.  i recently upgraded Videocard not long ago to a x800 card from a x700 card due to another reason not concering windows vista. IMO i think its to much to ask for an average user or a gamer to go out an spend money on vista an pay for a decent video card to an to findout after they install it there gonna have to upgrade something else to, as prices of XP professional get lower an lower people will just opt for that, than vista,

Then again, I don't think the basic version(s) of Vista are going to have the Aero affects. So if you buy more advance versions that have loads of visual affects, then I'm sure it'll be 'known' that you'll need to have more advanced computer hardware to take advantage of the affects.
04-28-2006 03:17 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Then again, I don't think the basic version(s) of Vista are going to have the Aero affects. So if you buy more advance versions that have loads of visual affects, then I'm sure it'll be 'known' that you'll need to have more advanced computer hardware to take advantage of the affects.
hope thats right coz i'll be buying that version, . as far as i know of MS really havent let out to much details on  pricing of vista or what the real big differences will be in each version , untill it gets to say Q3 or Q4 of this year we may start to see something announced . i know this sounds silly, but pirating vista sounds good to me rightnow, i dont need transparency in windows when i got it in linux

This post was edited on 04-28-2006 at 03:32 AM by Hank.
04-28-2006 03:31 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:

hope thats right coz i'll be buying that version, . as far as i know of MS really havent let out to much details on  pricing of vista or what the real big differences will be in each version , untill it gets to say Q3 or Q4 of this year we may start to see something announced . i know this sounds silly, but pirating vista sounds good to me rightnow, i dont need transparency in windows when i got it in linux

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/02/27/six_versions_of_windows_vista/

:blah!:

Oh yeah, read between the lines ;).

This post was edited on 04-28-2006 at 03:40 AM by RebelSean.
04-28-2006 03:36 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: