What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Bring Back Custom Names!

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
Bring Back Custom Names!
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Bring Back Custom Names!
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by fergofrog
Going back to the Custom Names feature, Patch can you make it so that you can type in their custom name then something like "$realname" which changes into their real name, just a suggestion.
Well, you can suggest him. I like the idea of having something like:
quote:
Jack - %name%
which will turn into:
quote:
Jack - (H) carJACK (H)

The shortcuts tags for the real screenname and the email address have always been (!N) and (!M) respectivly.... If it is added back, it will of course be those very same tags ;)

Also see:
http://www.msgplus.net/help_cmdtag.php
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2006 11:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
yurividal

RE: Bring Back Custom Names!
YEES!!! this was one of my favorites features of Plus! When i first saw the nickname feature into WLM i thought it would be the same as in Plus!... but, it was not... people's names wouldnt be updated... :(.  I used this feature not because i dnt want to see people's nicks, but just because it made it easier for me to sort and find my contacts.
PATCHOU, PLEEEAASEE put it back!!
06-26-2006 01:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Barisko

Yes, please bring back this feature

I do not think that MS will ever add this feature because adding things as %name% yourself is thought to be to complicated for the average user.
06-26-2006 09:21 AM
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
quote:
​Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
But I think that using BBcodes will waste more spaces in nickname than the old .$3. etc

The old tagging method is also supported in Msgplus! Live. You can switch between both methods in the preferences :).

That doesn't mean formatting from the format buttons will be IRC style. The only thing the option changes is what appears when you use the Ctrl shortcuts, which is bad for a favorite fan of the IRC style like me. =( The option should change what formatting style the buttons will do too. Besides, I love how there is a tiny popup window where we can choose color after doing Ctrl+K. Why doesn't Plus bring this back for both IRC and BB?

Also, I have a suggestion for the custom nicknam feature. Instead of having a frame in the preferences dialogue for custom names like 3.63, we could have something like Office 2007 in Plus! Live. In Office 2007 (still in beta), we get a popup window just like how we used to get in Plus! 3.63 when we click Ctrl+K. The popup will appear when highlighted some text. The popup will have some formatting buttons in it. We can get something like this when Nicknames are highlighted while editting. I'll make a screeny. =D

Edit: Here comes screeny
[Image: CustomNameIdea.png]
Sorry if this doesn't look that great, done in paint. Anyways, the first and second buttons are obvious. The third and fourth are color and bg color respectively. How is that?

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 10:54 AM by Poom.
06-26-2006 10:51 AM
DjBeNNeTT

DJ @ Kewlsounds.com Internet Radio

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Poom
The only thing the option changes is what appears when you use the Ctrl shortcuts, which is bad for a favorite fan of the IRC style like me. =( The option should change what formatting style the buttons will do too. Besides, I love how there is a tiny popup window where we can choose color after doing Ctrl+K. Why doesn't Plus bring this back for both IRC and BB?

The shortcut has changed to CTRL+R

I'm a fan of IRC, always use IRC aswell. Confused me a bit that CTRL+K did not bring the box up, but CTRL+R did.
Nowadays i remember the color numbers anyway so CTRL+K Gives the box, then just add the number after it :D
DjBeNNeTT
--------------
[Image: DjDaNo.png]
06-26-2006 11:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
quote:
​Originally posted by DjBeNNeTT
quote:
The only thing the option changes is what appears when you use the Ctrl shortcuts, which is bad for a favorite fan of the IRC style like me. =( The option should change what formatting style the buttons will do too. Besides, I love how there is a tiny popup window where we can choose color after doing Ctrl+K. Why doesn't Plus bring this back for both IRC and BB?

The shortcut has changed to CTRL+R

I'm a fan of IRC, always use IRC aswell. Confused me a bit that CTRL+K did not bring the box up, but CTRL+R did.
Nowadays i remember the color numbers anyway so CTRL+K Gives the box, then just add the number after it :D

=O Thanky. So Ctrl+R does like the format button, only that it becomes IRC style instead of BB. Awesome! There should still be a box with the colors only for Ctrl+K though...
06-26-2006 11:14 AM
pawawe

Yes... I miss the feature to still left the original name too...
please put it back!!! PLEASE...

otherwise, i will return to msn 7.5 and plus 3.6
06-26-2006 11:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DjBeNNeTT

DJ @ Kewlsounds.com Internet Radio

34 / Male / –
Yeah, pure IRC Style is CTRL+K (L)
DjBeNNeTT
--------------
[Image: DjDaNo.png]
06-26-2006 11:28 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Besides, I love how there is a tiny popup window where we can choose color after doing Ctrl+K. Why doesn't Plus bring this back for both IRC and BB?
Because the way you add BB is different to using IRC style. With BB, you just select the text you want to change, then use the Formatting Options button in the convo window/Options dialog. Plus! then adds the tags for you in the correct places.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-26-2006 12:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
~*McoreD*~

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by AgentXIf a contact has a nickname set on Windows Live Messenger it is impossible to see their screen name which although looks bad in the messenger main window is still interesting to see, as well as the fact that you can't have colours in your Windows Live Messenger nickname. 
Who agrees with me?

In Plus!, go to Plus ! > Contact List Clean Up and you will see the original Windows Live ID name. :)
Don’t say CD’s to say more than one CD. It is CDs.
A 200 GB hard disk has capacity for 186 GiB of data
International standard date notation is YYYY-MM-DD
06-26-2006 02:48 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: