What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Bring Back Custom Names!

Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
Bring Back Custom Names!
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Bring Back Custom Names!
[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by JaCe88
If only I had backed up my settings beforehand- then at least I could downgrade back to msn 7.5 and msgplus :(
If you only installed Windows Live Messenger and installed Plus! Live, then you still have Plus!3 and its settings.

Even if you uninstall Plus!3 (without choosing: remove my settings too) you still could reinstall Plus!3 and have all your settings as they are still in the registry.

So unless you have reformatted your computer or uninstall Plus!3 with the option to also clear all your settings, all the preferences of Plus!3 are still in the registry and you could easly downgrade to MSN Messenger 7.x and Plus!3 again  ;)

[/OFF TOPIC]
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-02-2006 01:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
grik

RE: Bring Back Custom Names!
i thougth only me was missing this feature, apperantly not
07-02-2006 02:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
superpositivo

52 / Male / –
PLEEEEAASSEEE!!.....

THE CUSTOM NAMES PLUSSS!!!

I didn't install the new version of MSN (Windows Live) only to wait PLUS! LIVE

The Custom Names tool of the PLUS! was perfect! The W.L. (Windos Live) version really sucks!!!

It takes too long to put the colors and format of the names, and always you have to stay there to control if you wrote the perfect code, if the code gives the color you want, to test, to make trials...it's like everybody has to be a programmer (I am).

But the most important thing I noticed, I don't know if it's bug or a miss, is that even if I change name and color for a name, when I have it in the tab list of Plus!, it has the original name!..SO...it becomes almost unuseful

People always change their names, and so everytime you have to remember "who is that guy???" or try to rembember from the address...

PLEAAASEEEE!! The custom namessss!..It's already done!!!..Just put it in the new verision! (that is really great...THANK YOU PATCHOU!!!)

ps: (just an idea..isn't possibile to associate emoticons with sounds?...well..ok...I don't speak anymore..)

AHHHHHH!!!!....Now I feel better!!!

I went back to 7.5 and Plus 3!!!....eheh.eh.

And you know what?...Even the 7.5 version I like it more!!!

I decided to go back after reading the numerous posts of people complaining of some features now missed here and there. And I feel the same...

I love Plus! and I will upgrade MSN again to WL or even more, only to install an upgraded version of Plus!.

And, for example, about the Custon Names, it's not true that the only things that WL miss is that tag or the other...miss everything, as a user friendly interface as Plus! had.

Otherwise is like to say that DOS don't miss nothing comparing to the Windows interface....yeah....let's go back to hunt animals in the jungle....yeah...

CIAO!

07-02-2006 05:10 PM
xiiaomiin

RE: RE: RE: Bring Back Custom Names!
quote:
Originally posted by GarymcG
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Originally posted by GarymcG
so does this means that the old code in peoples names like the dot$ # @ and so on will be visible, because no doubt it will take alot of users a long time to change from msn to windows messenger, and its just annoying not being able to see their names.? thanks
Well yes, both colour styling codes will be visible/parsed as colour if you are on WLM with Plus!Live...only if you use BBcodes these will be shown as code to those not using WLM and Plus!Live (other MSN versions, MsgPlus!3 or no Plus!).

y thank you il sleep tonight:D

why i am still unable to see color nick when i am already using WLM with Plus!live? can u guys teach me??
07-03-2006 01:29 AM
Daniboy

– / Male / –
I want to know if this feature will be in Messenger Plus! Live in the future. I Know that WLM has this feature but itīs not the same and I really miss the plus one.
Thanks
Bye

P.S. PLEASE PATCHOU BRING IT BACK! :(
Sorry for my poor English but Spanish is my native lenguage.
03-19-2007 09:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: