What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Bring Back Custom Names!

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
Bring Back Custom Names!
Author: Message:
renhao

RE: Bring Back Custom Names!
Certainly, but I think what alot of us who posted here really wanted was the fact that the Plus version allowed us to see the original nick behind the mask of the renaming. I'm sure font formatting isn't as good a reason as that to bring custom names back.
06-28-2006 03:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
perfect-light

35 / Male / –
I really have no clue how to use it..
06-28-2006 03:36 PM
NoMeN

quote:
Originally posted by renhao
Certainly, but I think what alot of us who posted here really wanted was the fact that the Plus version allowed us to see the original nick behind the mask of the renaming. I'm sure font formatting isn't as good a reason as that to bring custom names back.

Yeah, i think you are right. I used MsgPlus because I was able to add custom names and see the original names at the same time. Now with MP!L its gone :( hope it'll be back soon.
06-28-2006 03:52 PM
whkoh

Yes, I love Custom Names too... It's different from WLM Nicknames; please bring it back, thanks!
06-29-2006 01:54 AM
superjugy

I'm MegaMan Master, see my website!!

35 / Male / Flag
I want this feature back too, since i use a lot the plus notifications to know if someone logged off, but when i put a nickname in WLM, and a contact goes offline, MP!L doesn't put the nickname i gave, instead it keeps the original nickname. so i cant know who is logging off like i did with the Costum Names of Plus!. so pls bring it back, or at least make Plus able to read the Custom nicknames of WLM. pls Patchau :), pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese????????????????? :):):):):)
06-29-2006 04:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wikdwoo

:( i must be thick

im in me 40s build computers, run diagnostics on comps etc etc etc but all these posts are like a foreign language to me........WOT is a BB code :S because ive always loved the pretty colours on the contacts list and having them all in rotten boring grey is driving me nuts, i wouldnt upgrade till plus was ready and wot do i find, the features gone :( it used to be so simple and now we have to learn a code :|

can someone please help
thanx
06-30-2006 07:57 AM
SerGuMa

always connected...

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Bring Back Custom Names!
quote:
Originally posted by wikdwoo
:( i must be thick

im in me 40s build computers, run diagnostics on comps etc etc etc but all these posts are like a foreign language to me........WOT is a BB code :S because ive always loved the pretty colours on the contacts list and having them all in rotten boring grey is driving me nuts, i wouldnt upgrade till plus was ready and wot do i find, the features gone :( it used to be so simple and now we have to learn a code :|

can someone please help
thanx

it's the code most used in the forums :P

Google is your friend ;), the sintaxys is very simple, for example

code:
[ b]text[/b] bold text
[ i]text[/i] italic text
[ u]text[/u] underlined text
[c=color number]text[/c] colored text

these are the codes that are used in MsgPlus!L , in the forums we use a few more :P
p.d.: remove the spaces because even in code mode it seems to get parsed :E

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 10:41 AM by SerGuMa.
[Image: sergu2fg.jpg]
06-30-2006 10:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
JaCe88

OMG i can't believe this feature is gone >_>... I regret upgrading to Windows Live Messenger because now I have nearly a thousand contacts, and I have no clue who half of them are. Before you flame me for having so many ppl- some are uni, some are high school friends, some are work mates, colleagues, etc... and then there's family.

All I can hope for at the moment is that Patchou reintroduces the feature, and most importantly (and hopefully), Msg Plus Live! didn't remove the custom names from the settings file. If it did.... then I'm screwed.

If only I had backed up my settings beforehand- then at least I could downgrade back to msn 7.5 and msgplus :(

Should you ever read this Patchou... please bring it back! I've been a loyal user of your program since the days of 1.7x I think? Back then, all I wanted was chat logging though =]
06-30-2006 11:13 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa
remove the spaces because even in code mode it seems to get parsed
[noparse]
quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa
code:
[ b]text[/b] bold text
[ i]text[/i] italic text
[ u]text[/u] underlined text
[c=color number]text[/c] colored text

Also:
code:
[s]Strikeout[/s]
[c=colour code]Gradient text[/c=colour code 2]
[a=colour code]Background colour[/a]
[a=colour code]Background gradient[/a=colour code] * Not in menu: will head over to Bug Reports now
[n]No parse[/n]

This post was edited on 06-30-2006 at 11:57 AM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-30-2006 11:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sjoram

I'm another one missing the Custom Names feature for the same reasons as everyone else.  I'll live with it for now I suppose on this machine, but I won't be upgrading my other machines until there's a fix for it or MS improves theirs (unlikely) :(
07-01-2006 01:27 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: