What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!

Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
2 votes - 4 average   Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
Author: Message:
DJ Preach

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
I have the new messenger live  from msn and downloaded messenger plus live and after the install it wont let me log in to the messenger at all even after a reboot can ya help me please:^)
06-28-2006 03:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jacker60

[ M15x ]

34 / Male / Flag
Grin  RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC!
hey the final release of messenger plus live was very important for very people (i can't enter to the site that day :( and i've been preesing f5 like someone who doesn't have nothing to do :p, after 20 minutes I can download the first public version :D) very nice job!!! ;) the only thing i miss is the emoticon custom panel (yes they said it on other reply) but I know that in coming versions it will be there :), congratulations, great job!!!
[Image: 30tm8he.png]

06-28-2006 09:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NMe

40 / Male / Flag
I'm a little disappointed. MP!L is missing some of the features I used a lot in the previous version. For example, the hotkey functionality for personal statuses. When there's someone at the door, I don't have time to click through menus, I just want to press ctrl-shift-z (or any other combo) to enter a status. Why was this removed? And for that matter: why were all statuses except for Away and Busy removed from the personal status window?

Also, the fact that none of my old plugins works anymore is pretty bogus. Patchou wrote that scripts are way more powerfull. Well, I don't want them to be powerfull, I want them to work. Powerfull scripts are a security risk in my book.

I've always used this program, and I will always keep using it, but right now, I don't like the way some functionality has just been stripped or at least altered. The program feels like something that rushed into production just because WLM was released earlier than expected or something.
07-01-2006 09:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(V)oribundenVampir

I agree with all of what you said, know it.
I am also thinking on going back to MSN 7.5 and installing MP3 to have in control all the old features that were (temporaly) removed from MP4.

It is obvious that many features had to be removed because of the imminent release of Windows Messenger Live. The bad thing is that we don't see Messenger Plus updates very often so I guess we'll have to attach to this mutilated release, get used to it; or resignate and go backwards to the previous versions. After all, Live Messenger is not also a great release after all, IMO. MSN 7.5 is powerful enough to use it until a newer release of both MSN and MP.

It seems shortcuts for personal status and the emoticons panel (the later, I don't really use) are the 2 more desired features to come back.

Keep on the good work, Patchou. For the sake of the product and for the 100% satisfaction of all people! :)
07-01-2006 03:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
JoeMyladoor

– / Male / –
I've been having problems downloading messenger plus it always seems to hang at around 99% and after a while it comes up with "Internet Explorer cannot download MsgPlusLive-401.exe from ..... The connection with the server was reset".

I have always had this problem and I'm not sure why as I am able to d/l other files from other sites without problems.....can anyone post a zip file of Messenger Plus like they used to do on the mirror sites...cheers
07-22-2006 01:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Hotkey functionality for perso statusses is back in the latest build:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=699905]

The emoticon panel is also back.

Edit: Plus!Live 4.01.0.240 zipped (direct download link from my site, link valid for 30 days or till next update...wichever comes first).

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 04:41 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
07-22-2006 04:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: