What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [UPDATE] Gmail Checker 1.11 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts

Pages: (20): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [UPDATE] Gmail Checker 1.11 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
Author: Message:
yam603

RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker 1.10 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
when i becam a new mail i hear the "newalert" sound;)
07-08-2006 07:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

I'm so cool I worry myself.

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker 1.10 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
well the other one is used for "Received new email" alert
[Image: clb2.jpg]
07-08-2006 08:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
newby

RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker 1.10 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
whats the differen from "gmail chekker" and "pop3" ?
i do use pop3 to see my gmail !
07-08-2006 12:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker 1.10 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accounts
quote:
Originally posted by newby
whats the differen from "gmail chekker" and "pop3" ?
i do use pop3 to see my gmail !

Gmail does not support Pop 3 very well.
07-09-2006 04:03 AM
Chevalric

When I first installed the script (v1.0), everything worked as expected. However, after upgrading to 1.10, I keep getting the message that the script can't connect to the server when I use the automatic check.
Strangely though, if I click on "Check all Gmail accounts", I do get the information.
I have it on two seperate machines (at home and at work).

07-10-2006 07:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [RELEASE] Gmail Checker 1.10 - get alerts upon new emails in your gmail accou
quote:
Originally posted by Chevalric
When I first installed the script (v1.0), everything worked as expected. However, after upgrading to 1.10, I keep getting the message that the script can't connect to the server when I use the automatic check.
Strangely though, if I click on "Check all Gmail accounts", I do get the information.
I have it on two seperate machines (at home and at work).

Hm, all I can suggest right now is reinstalling 1.1 from scratch, see if that helps at all.
07-10-2006 08:17 AM
chaokusc

39 / Male / –
BUG FOUND

If the script cannot connect to the gmail server, it causes a feedback loop which stops IE from responding as it keeps trying to connect to gmail.

You really should put a timeout function after 30 seconds of no reply from the server (30 seconds because the least check limit is 1 minute which some silly people may do)
07-12-2006 05:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by chaokusc
BUG FOUND

If the script cannot connect to the gmail server, it causes a feedback loop which stops IE from responding as it keeps trying to connect to gmail.

You really should put a timeout function after 30 seconds of no reply from the server (30 seconds because the least check limit is 1 minute which some silly people may do)

I understand what you are saying chaokusc, but that isn't how the script is meant to work (IE I don't know why the feedback loop should occur in the first place). Anyways thanks a lot for bringing it to my attention, I'll look into it asap.
07-12-2006 07:43 AM
Pai

w00t !

– / Male / –
Any plans to shows the subject and sender information of received mails in a window?

Great tool :)

This post was edited on 07-13-2006 at 12:08 PM by Pai.
07-13-2006 11:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Pai
Any plans to shows the subject and sender information of received mails in a window?

Great tool :)

If you receive one email and you have "Only show new emails" selected, it does show you the sender's email address. (Just like how the Hotmail one works.)
07-13-2006 08:33 PM
Pages: (20): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: