What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
4 votes - 3 average   [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
Author: Message:
ecion

37 / Male / –
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
one more thing, i get opened convo messages from contact sim alreayd talking to, im assuming this is because if after 60 seconds has gone past without any talk then it triggers again when viewed?

would there be a way to many it only show notifications when you dont already have a convo opened with the contact?

good job still, working perfect.

Personally I like that quirk. As it lets you know when they're typing again after 60seconds (the 'user is typing message' doesnt seem to always show up if its gone 60seconds) - If anything is altered, maybe an option could be given to allow this to still show for those who want it.

----
Good job nx01rules. Cant wait for the Closed Notifier part. :)
[Image: ecion_megane_sig2.jpg]
07-29-2006 01:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
AmbulanceX

[ rip the jacker ]

34 / Male / –
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
yeah, an option to turn what i mentioned above on or or would be rad, options for everything would be rad, because i personaly dont like knowing if a contact leaves a convo (well i dont like knowing if tis gona tell me every 60 seconds).
Bulimic rainbows vomit what?, Burn Piano Island Burn!
07-29-2006 01:44 PM
joao

window notification
Hey all
Even with contacts that are offline i am always geting the information that someone (open conversation notification).
Did i install wrong the script or its like that always???
The other version didnt work like this one in this matter.

Thx in advance for your coments ;)

sry if my english is a bit rusty:D

07-29-2006 06:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
nx01rules

Infinite Diversity

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
one more thing, i get opened convo messages from contact sim alreayd talking to, im assuming this is because if after 60 seconds has gone past without any talk then it triggers again when viewed?

would there be a way to many it only show notifications when you dont already have a convo opened with the contact?

good job still, working perfect.

Actually that is a brilliant idea for an option, i'll try to include that in the final release. Personally I like it showing it after 60 seconds, but yeah.

Secondly, yeah you're right - after 60 seconds of idle activity (no one types anything etc) then the server cuts the connection. If someone starts typing again, it reopens the connection, and hence - you get a new popup.

quote:
Originally posted by thawizard
I do not get any notifiers, neither errors, nothing. script's imported fine, running like it says, but i get no dialog popup or similar.
I have only ONE network adapter, but i assigned lan ip, which is different with online ip. is that the problem which u mentioned by two NICs?
If not, are there other ideas what i could do?

quote:
Originally posted by joao
Hey all
Even with contacts that are offline i am always geting the information that someone (open conversation notification).
Did i install wrong the script or its like that always???
The other version didnt work like this one in this matter.

Heh it's weird how everyone that has bad problems with it has never posted here before, until today..

thawizard:
Nah the two NIC's thing I mentioned just mean two different network cards, in use at the same time. Do you have Windows XP with SP2 installed? I remember reading somewhere about issues between SP1 and the method I used in the DLL...

Joao:
Hmm an unexpected feature :P - i have a theory as to why that might have occured, but i'm not sure if it would make sense, or if it's true heh.. Do you use a hub, and not a switch, and have more than one computer on your network? If so that might be why.. But other than that, there is no code in there to send a message to MsgPlus unless a specific command is received. I guess if it keeps up - just wait until the new version is released, that will fix the issues.

quote:
Originally posted by CokkieRevised
I'm sorry but that is not correct and totally misleads the user (and exactly the thing I warned and whined about previously).

You're right, I shouldn't have said that first bit, "There is no difference - it just has a different name " - but I was correct when I said the following:

nx01rules wrote:
It functions as a window open notifier, but it also functions to let you know when the other person's msn connects to yours to download your display picture or something like that. Just like the old stuffplug one did.

But yeah, session open notifier - let's stick with that..
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
07-29-2006 09:21 PM
nx01rules

Infinite Diversity

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
Weird, you didnt like, change any part of the script, or.. hmm.. Well, the DLL should be registered, it registers on other people's computers, so that cant be it.. And it wouldn't be that anyway beacuse if it can't load the DLL it will pop up an error..

Did you try and remove/reinstall the script?

You said that you 'never see any single toast' - maybe you have an option in MSN turned off, that stops popups maybe?

Other than that, the only thing i can think of is that it isn't correctly creating a socket on your machine, even though it doesn't give an error while loading, which is strange. Maybe there is something wrong with your machine, but just wait until i release another version, and give that a go.
07-29-2006 11:07 PM
-Buffy

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open N
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by nx01rules
quote:
Originally posted by -Buffy
maybe i risk that you guys get mad or think i am stupid.
maybe because i am not english speaking but i did not fully understand the difference between conversation and session notfier. also what the difference is to the one of the last version (the plugin).

There is no difference - it just has a different name - it was renamed to stop the people who didn't know how it worked from asking for help, even when it was explained correctly to them dozens of times. It functions as a window open notifier, but it also functions to let you know when the other person's msn connects to yours to download your display picture or something like that. Just like the old stuffplug one did.
I'm sorry but that is not correct and totally misleads the user (and exactly the thing I warned and whined about previously).

---

Buffy, there IS a big difference between a window notifier and a session notifier.

Some years ago a window notifier could tell you when someone opened or closed a conversation window with you. However, this no longer works reliable at all since Microsoft changed some stuff in the underlying protocol which those plugins/addons used to detect the opening and closing.

Therefore they no longer function properly as only a window notifier. What they effectivly do is notifying the user when a session is openend or closed.

A session is a connection between you and a contact. And it is created not only when a conversation window is opened, but also when your contact views your contact card, display picture, etc. (it used to be only when a conversation window was opened). And there is no possebility to see what exactly has triggered the session.

Hence such tools do not work anymore as pure window notifiers and therefore shouldn't be called like that either.

so the name had be be changed because now if someone looks at my contact card it tells me also?
well i think that is faboulus. i mean if the person is gonna talk to me i would find out eventually. but if he just opens to see my pic, i get the messege for a good reason. and same is with the contact card.
ok maybe its not necessary a window like a conversation but to have to change the name?
well ok. but really you guys shoulnd get to picky about the name and function. if we would like we could all just call it: the when someone openes a conversation, or when someone...., or someone... notifier.
so just lets be happy that finally someone made it,w hile a few weeks ago some where saying that noone will do it because everyone jsut complaints and gives to thanks.
07-30-2006 12:13 PM
pauleapo71

– / Other / –
this is proberely 95% accurate for me
I'm surrounded by IDOTS in a room on my OWN!
07-30-2006 12:24 PM
AmbulanceX

[ rip the jacker ]

34 / Male / –
im getting the occasional (very occasional) person starting a convosation with me without it warning me at all.. is this because they already have my display picture downloaded or what? [still working fine]
Bulimic rainbows vomit what?, Burn Piano Island Burn!
07-30-2006 12:39 PM
nx01rules

Infinite Diversity

37 / Male / –
Hmm yeah it sort of makes sense, it's not the most stable code atm :P - sorry, heh.

I'll make sure it works properly in the final version though :)
07-30-2006 12:41 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
if we would like we could all just call it: the when someone openes a conversation, or when someone...., or someone... notifier.
yep indeed, or shorter: "session notifier"...
quote:
so just lets be happy that finally someone made it,w hile a few weeks ago some where saying that noone will do it because everyone jsut complaints and gives to thanks.
nobody would make a 100% working window notifier as that would be as good as impossible. A session notifier is something else... as you can see in this thread ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@nx01rules
have a look at this:
[Release] Xniff (ActiveX Packet Sniffer)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-30-2006 10:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: