What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
4 votes - 3 average   [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
Author: Message:
ecion

37 / Male / –
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
any news on the close notifer? :)
[Image: ecion_megane_sig2.jpg]
08-09-2006 08:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
nx01rules

Infinite Diversity

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
Nah - i've actually tried to use other packet sniffers on my laptop where the Beta open notifier didn't originally work either - and they all came back with the same error.. So unless someone makes one that works on all network adapters and systems, it seems it wont work that well anyway.. Unless - i make a MSN proxy, or stuffplug/Messenger Plus puts the function in there, which they wont
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
08-09-2006 09:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
krissyafc
Perma-Banned

Undecided  RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
when i clicked the link to get it it came up as a winrar so what do i do once i click the link(Y)
09-02-2006 07:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by siemprebuenoo
i can't unistall it i don't know why its saying :
the script directory couldn't be deleted
some files may be opend or locked.
All scripts which use an ActiveX DLL (or OCX) are locked. This is because that external ActiveX object is loaded in memory when the script starts. As long as that DLL or OCX is loaded, you can't fully delete the directory (you can delete every file, except that DLL or OCX file).

To uninstall such scripts:
  1. Disable the script in Plus!Live
  2. Close Messenger completely
  3. Navigate to the script's directory and find the ActiveX DLL(s) or OCX(s).
  4. For each ActiveX DLL or OCX, unregister it. This can be done with the Windows command regsvr32:
    Start > Run > cmd > regsvr32 "c:\path_to_script\activexfile.dll" /u
  5. Delete the whole script directory

quote:
Originally posted by krissyafc
when i clicked the link to get it it came up as a winrar so what do i do once i click the link(Y)
download the file. Make sure the file extension is .PLSC. If not, rename the extension to .PLSC.

After that, make sure Plus! Live is running and you're signed in, then double click on that file you just downloaded (with the PLSC extension).

This post was edited on 09-02-2006 at 10:53 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-02-2006 10:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bryan84

40 / Male / Flag
what's the difference between this and Live Notifier V1.10 ?
[Image: signature.gif]
09-03-2006 01:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan84
what's the difference between this and Live Notifier V1.10 ?
There isn't much difference in how they work. They both show you a notification when a session is opened (so they are both equally (in)accurate).

Since both scripts are programmed by different people, they do have their own touch if you will, but essentially they work exactly the same and both 'sniff' the incomming network packages...

The ActiveX, which this script uses to sniff the network, is actually made as a Plus!3 plugin.

And I strongly suspect (in fact I'm very certain of it) the code of the ActiveX sniffer is copied from FiYa's code on MSNFanatic. Which on its turn is based upon IRBMe's code found on PlanetSourceCode.

-----

However, I must say that I too are having problems with installing this script. It freezes the import dialog, WLM crashed at one point too, and I'm not quite fond of how this script uses a hidden window to catch the events of the ActiveX object...

This post was edited on 09-03-2006 at 12:46 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-03-2006 11:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bryan84

40 / Male / Flag
Thanks for that reply! :)
[Image: signature.gif]
09-03-2006 01:54 PM
Hergonan

Hergomancer

34 / Male / –
Hey, I think adding a
code:
            MsgPlus.LogEvent(Contact.Email,Contact.Email + " has opened a conversation with you.",7);
after
code:
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Window Opened", PlusWnd.GetControlText(ControlId) + " has opened a conversation with you.", "", "ToastCallback", PlusWnd.GetControlText(ControlId));

and
code:
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Window Opened", Contact.Name + " has opened a conversation with you.", "", "ToastCallback", Contact.Email);

will help people who want to "log" their opened conversations...
At least it helps me! :P
11-23-2006 09:21 PM
xsouldeath

lol these notifier i tried one here and the other one it seemed to think everyone opens a conversation window with me

and yet when i use web messenger it is unable to detect i opened a window mmm maybe it doesnt send usch an event even tho i know it does.. mm time to try if i have an active window with them or something mm

OKAY i experimented
well i tried using multiple messengers on same computer

with EBUDDY one one account and MESEENGER on another ... this thing does NOT detect typing however

with mesenger plus it does seem to detect open conversations...oddly though it seemed to think contacts that dont open conversation windows actually opened them

and when i open a conversaiton with a contact it says they opened it with me.. but oh well..

This post was edited on 12-09-2006 at 02:45 AM by xsouldeath.
12-09-2006 02:41 AM
Cloud

i'm not getting any notifications at all.... man i wish stuffplug will come back.. it worked perfectly...
12-09-2006 04:42 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: