What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contacts problem

Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
Contacts problem
Author: Message:
Zoidy

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contacts problem
okay try to reinstall WLM and see if that helps. Also try 7.5 and see if that logs in without any problems
11-01-2006 04:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DarkMe

Thx ins4ne for my av :p

31 / Male / –
RE: Contacts problem
Yeh, without problems in 7.5
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
* Mostly (but not limited to) those who use non-msn related accounts (eg: non-hotmail@, @msn, @live, etc accounts...)

so i got a hotmail account to see if that solves the problem :p
[Image: darkme.png]
11-01-2006 04:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Fra6160

Hey I deleted the Policies and Shared folders, but still have a problem: the Shared folder is always there, even if I delete it, it comes back...what have I to do ???? help!!!
11-01-2006 09:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zoidy

39 / Male / Flag
Okay did you back up the files you deleted? if so try restoring them and then use the reg fix
11-01-2006 09:51 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
People, please read this thread. The fix I posted was for certain specific cases (which should be already solved by now by MS itself). It is not the magic 'will fix all errors' fix.

Also, please stay on topic (and always search the forum for already posted fixes)

[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
Originally posted by Fra6160
Hey I deleted the Policies and Shared folders, but still have a problem: the Shared folder is always there, even if I delete it, it comes back...what have I to do ???? help!!!
1) You can't delete the shared folders from your Windows just like that.
2) This has got absolutely nothing todo with what has been described in this thread.
3) It isn't even an error you're getting; you just want to know how to disable shared folders if I'm not mistaken.

Simply explore the menus of a program when you use it before requesting for help. Extremely many things can be found out on your own if you simply take a minute to actually click on the available menus in programs.

To disable Shared Folders:
- go in Messenger to your sharing folders, remove all the files you might have in them.
- go in Messenger to the menu Tools > Options > Sharing Folders and untick everything.
[/OFF TOPIC]

;)

This post was edited on 11-01-2006 at 10:29 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2006 10:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fra6160

Well, yes, but i understood that my problem isn't real that. Well, as I said, I had the problem of the adding other contacts etc which is mentioned in all this topic...well, I fixed it, and in fact I've had the opportunity to see online the last contacts i added...but today, I added a contact, but there's the same problem again damn... I deleted the Policies folder, but the problem still there is....what have I to do guys, help!!
hey Zoidy, how do I restore the files ?
11-01-2006 02:39 PM
Zoidy

39 / Male / Flag
Well if you get a error message just Google the exact Error code and you will always find something out either a fix or a cause.

To restore them you just move them back to where they came from by copy / cut and paste. Thats what I did. if you sent them to the recycle bin open it and right click restore. If you empty the recycle bin then they will be gone.
11-02-2006 03:50 AM
Fra6160

ops....my recycle bin is empty ......:(
11-02-2006 11:08 AM
Fra6160

but btw, the problem seems to have been resolved...the fact is that I still have this bug with only a contact...but when a person adds me there's the notify windows which appear.
11-02-2006 06:36 PM
CleonGR88

Hey

I've tried the registry solution, but I do not find the "Policies" key. I cannot edit at all my contact list. I can't delete, add, be added, block or unblock. I tried using yahoo messenger to add contacts and tried to add my Hotmail address and it tells me that "There was an error in the server while trying to add a contact. Please try again", whereas it works with other emails.

I have tried everything; anybody can help me?????? please
11-05-2006 05:29 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: