What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » PS3 or XBOX 360 ?

Pages: (37): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
PS3 or XBOX 360 ?
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: PS3 or XBOX 360 ?
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
You're such an idiot sometimes shawnz, I don't mean literally blown up. I mean the components inside.
If someone says the computer has blown up, oh wait, does that mean its literally blown up, into thousands of pieces!? :O Of course it fucking doesn't. They're just talking about a component inside. So stop trying to be a cocky, clever little shit, its just not happening?

wow, thanks for convincing me to get a PS3
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
04-20-2008 01:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
I'm not trying to convince anyone shawnz, especially you, because nothing penetrates the thick Microsoft fan boy skin you have.

This post was edited on 04-20-2008 at 02:13 PM by Nathan.
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

04-20-2008 01:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: PS3 or XBOX 360 ?
Volv you are a fanboy and you will always be a fanboy because you can't think for yourself. You take a perfectly reasonable post about both consoles being basically equals and you find some negative about the console that you don't like. That is why you are a fanboy. As for my "excessive use of profanity", stop being a little bitch and get over it.
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Yeah, I think you will find that like 70% of them did, when they first came out.
Every person I know personally that bought their Xbox when they first came out has had the "RROD". I was talking to the guy at EBgames the other day and he says about 1 in 5 people bring their Xbox consoles back (I'm talking about the newer model here).

I've also heard stories about people modding their Xbox fans to avoid the "RROD" and had their consoles banned from Xbox Live for doing so. Now that's just a little pathetic IMO. Never having used Xbox Live myself can someone tell me what is so wonderful about it anyway..?
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
04-20-2008 02:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
I have to admit xbox live was much better, due to the fact of the ps store being very messy and unorganized, but a week ago, a redisigned was made with a firmware update, and now the new ps store looks much better and easier to navigate! So yeah, just like the ps2 last generation,

it was all about entertainment, since DVD players were very expensive, people just bought a ps2 for the games and media, but now ,i really think sony is stepping it up, i mean, i just bought gt prologue yesterday, and OMG, it looks like real life even on a standard tv. The fact of the matter is, you can't change a fanboys mind, these things no matter what will be preference to them.
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
04-20-2008 03:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip

I've also heard stories about people modding their Xbox fans to avoid the "RROD" and had their consoles banned from Xbox Live for doing so. Now that's just a little pathetic IMO. Never having used Xbox Live myself can someone tell me what is so wonderful about it anyway..?
Wtf? I've never heard of anyone getting banned for adding fans, think you've been bull shitted there.
[Image: jumbled.png]
04-20-2008 03:04 PM
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: PS3 or XBOX 360 ?
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

Wtf? I've never heard of anyone getting banned for adding fans, think you've been bull shitted there.

Linky. Only fans that use different voltages.
04-20-2008 03:08 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Steven
The fact of the matter is, you can't change a fanboys mind, these things no matter what will be preference to them.
You can change a fanboys mind, by beating the thing they're a fan of. I'd know, used to be a Sony fan boy(well, PS) was always planning to get a PS3, but then I played the 360. And, aha, I said goodbye Sony

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

Linky. Only fans that use different voltages.
"Now I’m not saying that I think that the fan banning is justified - if it’s even true - but in Microsoft’s defense, they’re being perfectly straight with us. If you mod your console in any way, shape, or form, they reserve the right to ban you. And it sounds like they do have a way to remotely scan it, so don’t try to be sneaky."

Sounds fair enough to me, I mean I don't want people cheating in my online matches.

This post was edited on 04-20-2008 at 03:53 PM by vaccination.
04-20-2008 03:15 PM
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
Yes because prolonging the life of your Xbox 360 gives people a major advantage in Call of Duty (first game that came to mind) :rolleyes: That's like banning me from Counter Strike because I put silent fans in my computer. Once you own something you should be free to do what you like with it as long as it's not illegal.

Edit: But in Microsoft's defense they make the rules and they do have a dispute system.

This post was edited on 04-20-2008 at 05:24 PM by Phillip.
04-20-2008 05:16 PM
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
Phillip has a good point. Jus tbecause its written in the terms of agreement, it does not mean that its right/ smart. Yes I agree that its your fault for putting the fans in, but, does it really make a cheating difference online? Maybe it does, to the fact that if your playing free for all, your whole team will have died having the red ring of death, but you cheated, youll have those fans installed, keeping your 360 alive, and you will win the free for all game. Thats the only thing i can trhink of.
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
04-20-2008 05:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
They didn't ban him for using fans though, they banned him for using a modded console, they can't tell that he's using different fans, they can just tell that something has been done to the system. So it's not stupid in any way.
04-20-2008 07:09 PM
Pages: (37): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: