What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 9.0

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 9.0
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
New betatesters are not needed at the moment, so there is no beta tester post.

When Patchou does need new betatesters he will make a new post. But it could take months or years before he does, or it might not happen at all. Nobody knows.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-30-2008 04:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spongshga

reporter

33 / – / Flag
beta teser MP!L
thought only because the wlm9 ... Well you can not do anything cool it would be seen ...

:)

This post was edited on 08-30-2008 at 04:20 PM by Spongshga.
08-30-2008 04:19 PM
lykos1865

33 / Male / Flag
Hi all, I'd like to say some things about the new WLM 9.0 Beta2.
First of all, I don't think that MS is going to change the GUI that much. The GUI of the first release of WLM9 was the same as 8.5. The only things that were changed were some new supports, i mean the gif pics, the login sound, the multi-pc-login, and so on.. The second release doesn't support something else, it's just the first release, with a changed GUI. I believe that microsoft had this planned, in the first release they only put new supports, and later on they changed the GUI to make the complete WLM 9. IF microsoft is going to release a new version (beta3), it will only have some bugs fixed, or/and some very small GUI things, like some buttons, or some buggy animations. It's just like the Vista thing, they had released the first betas and in the next betas they were only changing some small GUI things (like the close/minimize buttons). I'm not telling that I know for sure, but what I think, is that the GUI won't change any more in next betas, or in the stable version. Just some bugs. I really like the look of the beta2, and I'd love to see a plus! version supporting it. I know that it is just pain in the ass for Patchou to make a new version for a BETA, but keep in mind that if he do it now, he'll have less work to do when the final version is released. That was my opinion, thanks for reading.
We believed we'd catch the Rainbow... But life's not a wheel, with chains made of steel... So bless me! Come the dawn...
--
I've been mistreated.. I've been abused... I've been struck downhearted... Since my baby left me, I've been losing my mind...
--
When I'd take your hand and sing you songs.. Then maybe you'd say "come lay with me and love me"... And I would surely stay…
09-03-2008 12:58 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lykos1865
I know that it is just pain in the ass for Patchou to make a new version for a BETA, but keep in mind that if he do it now, he'll have less work to do when the final version is released.
On the contrary.... Chances are very high that a lot of things will change from this beta version to the public release.

GUI changes aren't the only changes that Messenger Plus! needs to take into account. Internal changes are as much (if not more) important.

----------

Spongshga,

If you want to become an official tester, then posting incorrect and highly suggestive stuff like "New info about WLM9 and MP!L5" isn't a very good thing to do.

And you claim here to have received an invitation fom MS to become a WLM9 tester, then why do you ask for download links for the new beta on that forum you've linked to? And why do you even say in this thread you have a 'secret' link?

Also, if I open the URLs inside the that RAR you offer in one of your other threads on that forum, which claims to be the best x scripts/skins, I am redirected to a phising site...

This post was edited on 09-03-2008 at 01:22 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-03-2008 01:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lykos1865

33 / Male / Flag
That's what I meant. But I think that all the big changes have already been done (GUI and Internal changes), so the final version is just going to have some bugs fixed, not so many things that has already done.. They have already built the WLM9, now they are just perfecting it.
We believed we'd catch the Rainbow... But life's not a wheel, with chains made of steel... So bless me! Come the dawn...
--
I've been mistreated.. I've been abused... I've been struck downhearted... Since my baby left me, I've been losing my mind...
--
When I'd take your hand and sing you songs.. Then maybe you'd say "come lay with me and love me"... And I would surely stay…
09-03-2008 01:50 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lykos1865
That's what I meant. But I think that all the big changes have already been done (GUI and Internal changes), so the final version is just going to have some bugs fixed, not so many things that has already done.. They have already built the WLM9, now they are just perfecting it.
That's not what usually happens with WLM, so I wouldn't bet on that at all. Odds are, most of what we see now will change DRASTICALLY before the official release.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-03-2008 01:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lykos1865

33 / Male / Flag
Okay, I was just thinking. But you people know better. Thanks anyway. See ya
--
--
09-03-2008 01:55 AM
Thiago_zapella

sorry bad english, is expected date for the version compatible with the new Beta 9 ? or only when the new Beta is officially released ?

Thanks.
09-04-2008 02:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
tony

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
For now, no update is planned for the alpha/buggy/bad-looking version of WLM9 that was leaked a couple of days ago. Too much time involved in doing this kind of thing for no real purpose. We'll see how things go in the next couple of months.
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
09-04-2008 02:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Thiago_zapella

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
quote:
Originally posted by tony
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
For now, no update is planned for the alpha/buggy/bad-looking version of WLM9 that was leaked a couple of days ago. Too much time involved in doing this kind of thing for no real purpose. We'll see how things go in the next couple of months.

=(

Thanks ...
09-04-2008 09:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: