What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live

Pages: (40): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] 16 17 18 19 » Last »
3 votes - 3.67 average   Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
Author: Message:
froznb

41 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
So, the RC is considered as final? Won't there be any update?

Basilis, I guess that's what it means... ^o)
[Image: FzB.png]
Leave tomorrow, for tomorrow, write your story, one step at a time!
01-08-2009 06:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wlmgoesplus

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
what i mean is that we have a release for beta 1 of wlm2009 and what is the problem that no one is there for beta 2 ?
did microsoft change so many things from beta 1 to 2 so that it take so a long time to finish the release for 2009 final / 2. beta???
01-08-2009 07:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dragunov

42 / Male / Flag
Well, don't think they changed anything from RC to Final, cause it has the same build number
- HP Envy 17

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

betatested: Atlantis, Troopers, U2XMP, Far Cry MP

01-08-2009 08:00 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by wlmgoesplus
what i mean is that we have a release for beta 1 of wlm2009 and what is the problem that no one is there for beta 2 ?
did microsoft change so many things from beta 1 to 2 so that it take so a long time to finish the release for 2009 final / 2. beta???
Patchou has other projects on the go aside from Messenger Plus! Live. It used to be his sole project but not anymore. There is something else that is also taking up some of his time.

The current RC will be labled as a final version once it is released. There aren't many issues with the current build as previous.
01-08-2009 08:17 PM
Cianloves

31 / Female / Flag
They're now forcing downloads of the latest build.
Byebye plus :|:|
01-08-2009 10:56 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:

This has been talked about heaps of times on this site, should try searching around threads. Anyway here is a quick explanation (the same one I posted up on my site)

As most of us in the Messenger World predicted, Microsoft has removed the opening that allowed us to be able to edit Messengers layout files. The reason we were able to make patches work on the beta build was because we were forcing Messenger to load old layout files which we are still able to edit.

In the RC build (which is the final version of 9) they have not only removed the ability to switch back to this old format, they have actually removed all of the old layout files altogether. So what does this mean for you the user of mods and skins?

Well before any of your favorite skins, patches or addons like Messenger Plus! will work properly again the new format of layout files must be reverse engineered. Until then we are unable to apply any changes to the Messenger layout except replacing images. But this is virtually useless since the key to Messenger mods and patches lies within the layout files which we are locked out of at the moment.

So I ask for everyone to be patient and not to go around to forums asking when things are going to be back to normal. It is still not clear if things will be worked out quickly or if it will be a while before we see our mods up and running again.

and that is why things are taking long.

This post was edited on 01-08-2009 at 11:07 PM by Willz.
01-08-2009 11:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Cianloves

31 / Female / Flag
Well it kinda makes it a little bit difficult when microsoft are forcing you to update..
It wont let you sign in now until you have the latest build.
So yeh I'm fucked :]

01-08-2009 11:31 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
what WLM version were you using when you got the forcing update dialog???

This post was edited on 01-08-2009 at 11:35 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-08-2009 11:34 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Cianloves
Well it kinda makes it a little bit difficult when microsoft are forcing you to update..

You could downgrade back to 8.5 if you really want Messenger Plus. They aren't force upgrading that. Its better than sitting there with nothing.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/3410/

01-08-2009 11:35 PM
froznb

41 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:

This has been talked about heaps of times on this site, should try searching around threads. Anyway here is a quick explanation (the same one I posted up on my site)

As most of us in the Messenger World predicted, Microsoft has removed the opening that allowed us to be able to edit Messengers layout files. The reason we were able to make patches work on the beta build was because we were forcing Messenger to load old layout files which we are still able to edit.

In the RC build (which is the final version of 9) they have not only removed the ability to switch back to this old format, they have actually removed all of the old layout files altogether. So what does this mean for you the user of mods and skins?

Well before any of your favorite skins, patches or addons like Messenger Plus! will work properly again the new format of layout files must be reverse engineered. Until then we are unable to apply any changes to the Messenger layout except replacing images. But this is virtually useless since the key to Messenger mods and patches lies within the layout files which we are locked out of at the moment.

So I ask for everyone to be patient and not to go around to forums asking when things are going to be back to normal. It is still not clear if things will be worked out quickly or if it will be a while before we see our mods up and running again.

and that is why things are taking long.

Completely true! Sadly I didn't sign up early enough to clarify... For who the hell knows which reasons all the previously editable files and reachable content inside and around WLM was completely removed, either it has been accidentally or intentionally, the deal is that Microsoft's "essentials" are completely locked for third party developers.

quote:

That's true. You are, at least if you want to use WLM 14

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:

You could downgrade back to 8.5 if you really want Messenger Plus. They aren't force upgrading that. Its better than sitting there with nothing.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/3410/

Partially true, so far at least, Microsoft hasn't forced any of my known WLM 8.5 users to upgrade. However, Will, I have seen it is a real PIA (pain in the ass) to try a downgrade, since somehow, and sometimes (which is rare, it doesn't behave the same always) WLM 8.5 drops the 8004ffff error, which means some files are corrupted. It takes a lot of patience to make WLM 8.5 Work right again. So, for the average user at least, yes, bbye plus! until further news from Patchou!

This post was edited on 01-08-2009 at 11:48 PM by froznb.
[Image: FzB.png]
Leave tomorrow, for tomorrow, write your story, one step at a time!
01-08-2009 11:47 PM
Pages: (40): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] 16 17 18 19 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: