What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM 2010 revealed

Pages: (20): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
WLM 2010 revealed
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: WLM 2010 revealed
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Since when are we allowed to post links to leaked builds?
It's up to the mods, but all the screenshots were allowed too, which is basically under the same restrictions as far is Microsoft in concerned.
But in the past links to leaked beta's were strictly forbidden! See one of those (old) posts from Patchou where he states he wants to keep the good relationship with Microsoft. Helping to spread such stuff is damaging to that relationship...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-20-2010 04:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM 2010 revealed
We never allowed links to leaked beta builds. As far as I'm concerned that still applies. If I recall correctly screenshots were never a problem.
03-20-2010 05:48 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
We never allowed links to leaked beta builds. As far as I'm concerned that still applies. If I recall correctly screenshots were never a problem.
Fair enough.

quote:
Try reshacking msnmsgr.exe's version to an older one.
Won't work, at least not for making it sign in. Several people already tried.

This post was edited on 03-20-2010 at 06:01 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-20-2010 06:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM 2010 revealed
quote:
I didn't expect it to work for signing in, but I do expect it to work for Plus! :P
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
03-20-2010 06:26 PM
pikablu0530

RE: RE: WLM 2010 revealed
quote:
quote:
Try reshacking msnmsgr.exe's version to an older one.

What if you try changing the protocol version it is trying to connect to? I remember back in the days they also did this "whitelist" for one of the betas, and someone created a software to trick msnmsgr.exe thinking it's connecting to the older protocol to sign in.

I think for Wave 3 it's currently on MSN Protocol (MSNP) 18.

quote:
But what does slightly worry me is not being able to make the Messenger window smaller than in the screenshot :(. EDIT: Meh, Menthix's reply to WLM 2010 revealed is newer and has a smaller width contactslist.

Actually, you can make it smaller in this version. Go to Tools > Options > Sign In > Uncheck "Always show the main window in social mode when Windows Live Messenger starts". Restart Messenger and you'll get the good old skinny contact list window again :D
03-20-2010 11:14 PM
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
Windows Live Wave 4
Patched Windows Live Wave 4 Milestone 2 (Do remember development is at M3, so this is a few builds old)
<removed; links to leaked beta builds are not allowed>

This is the leaked WLW4 you may have seen recently....

Enjoy!

This post was edited on 03-22-2010 at 07:08 AM by Tochjo.
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
03-22-2010 02:51 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Wave 4
[Image: 7vplml.jpg]

The installer is rubbish, tries to bundle everything into it (all Windows Live apps, Bing Bar, etc.) so will look forward to getting the wlsetup-custom.exe instead.

It's OK. Not liking the social mode much yet, although maybe once it'll allow me to connect to Facebook and Twitter properly it may be better.

Liking that contacts are listed horizontally as well as vertically when you expand the window.

Tabbed chats is good.

Windows 7 taskbar bug is fixed.

That's all. *downgrades*

EDIT: Downgrading isn't the easiest of things.

This post was edited on 03-22-2010 at 05:01 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-22-2010 04:48 AM
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
Yeah i prefer 2009 + MP! But it is pretty cool some of the new features.

Hate the Zune like interface and social spamming it has though. I love the Zune HD, and the other older Zune's, but that doesn't mean that interface will work for messenger..... It does NOT work.
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
03-22-2010 09:57 AM
swanny92

– / Male / –
Horrible, horrible, horrible (and no, not just because of the bugs).

Only thing I remotely like is the Win 7 integration which it all finally seems to be working right.

This social stream feature is ridiculous. If it's not set to Friends it looks downright ugly, though as Chris says it may work better once Facebook etc is included. I don't like the new emoticons much, the :P emoticon just looks.... umm... homosexual? I don't know how else to put it.

I don't like the personal message being "rebranded" as a Facebook status update-like feature. Plenty of people I know don't use it that way (they more use it as a continuation of the display name) so I think it will take some adjusting to.

It's no great improvement to WLM 2009 I reckon. If they want Windows Live Messenger to become a "social networking hub" then they need to implement different steps. The social stream has the potential to work but the split screen contact list alongside the stream does not work well, the text is bulky and large, doesn't work well without images.

A better step could be to have tabs down the side to switch between contact list, social stream and (why not) your Hotmail inbox. If Microsoft wants us to use the personal message as a "status update feature" then I think it would be better to leave the display name along the top instead of shifted down the page, so at least the casual user can tell it's still the personal message feature, just looks different.

Really makes me miss WLM 8.5 at this stage.
03-22-2010 01:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
My Microsoft Life posted some interesting dates.
quote:
Originally posted by http://mymicrosoftlife.com/2010/03/21/windows-live-wave-4-timeline-to-release/
  • 28 April VIP testers will get access to latest builds…
  • 18 May WL2010 M3 RTW.
  • 3 June Complete Public disclosure.
  • 7 June Public Beta Day.
  • 7 June iPhone main languages Messenger.
  • 25 August iPhone additional languages Messenger + PUBLIC RTW

The timeline actually fits in well with what I have heard, up until recently the beta was expected to be released in May however last week I was told it had bee n pushed back a couple of weeks so early June seems about right. Other than a potential date for a beta and full release (RTW = Release To World? Web)of the suite what does seem interesting the fact that there will be an iPhone version of Messenger, something we have often heard rumoured.

Obviously this isn’t hard fact but its the first time (I think anyway) we have been given precise dates for Windows Live Wave 4 and all I can say is mark 7th June in your calendars, its only 3 months away. ...
It was posted on My Microsoft Life's Facebook page by someone named Nigel Ansell. I don't know this guy at all, so can't say it is reliable. But it does fit in fairly well with what I heard earlier from another person who is one of these "VIP testers".

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
The installer is rubbish, tries to bundle everything into it (all Windows Live apps, Bing Bar, etc.) so will look forward to getting the wlsetup-custom.exe instead
It allows you to deselect the features you don't want just as we saw in all the older Live Suite installers. Only difference as far as I can see is this is the offline installer so everything is included in the installer as opposed to it being downloaded once you select to install it. I'm sure they'll have the usual installers which download components as you install too (much friendlier on the bandwidth for MS), they are just not practical for restricted testing.

This post was edited on 03-22-2010 at 02:19 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-22-2010 01:35 PM
Pages: (20): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: