What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Anyone else getting the iPhone 4?

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
Anyone else getting the iPhone 4?
Author: Message:
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Anyone else getting the iPhone 4?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
You don't have all the same contacts, it's just an address book.

I have many email accounts for separate businesses that I run, for my personal email and for my work email == all necessary
i can see the point of having different email addresses, but whats the point in having your mates contact details in your work account, or your work contacts in your personal account etc

aka pointless crap

This post was edited on 06-25-2010 at 10:55 PM by toddy.
06-25-2010 10:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Agreed.  They are good pieces of hardware.....they are more stable than most other things.  But there's WAY too much hype over any of their products being released.....and they are massively overpriced.  I could understand them being a fraction more.......but when they're 3-4 (or more) times as much.....it's not justified

When you work out the price for the operating system and the high quality products, it's clear that they're well priced.

Anyone looking sensibly and without bias would agree that they're over-priced.  It is a better quality operating system (in some senses) and a higher quality hardware build.......but it's not THAT much better that it warrants being that much more expensive......it's too much
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes, 1 second ago
06-25-2010 11:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kao
Veteran Member

boring

36 / Male / Flag
Android > 'iOS'

I had an iPhone for almost 2 years, two weeks with Android 2.1 and I hate the iPhone OS.

2.2 is out soon too :)
06-25-2010 11:59 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
You don't have all the same contacts, it's just an address book.

I have many email accounts for separate businesses that I run, for my personal email and for my work email == all necessary
i can see the point of having different email addresses, but whats the point in having your mates contact details in your work account, or your work contacts in your personal account etc

aka pointless crap

You can categorise contacts easily, whether it's through the phone or through Address Book on Mac.

quote:
Anyone looking sensibly and without bias would agree that they're over-priced.  It is a better quality operating system (in some senses) and a higher quality hardware build.......but it's not THAT much better that it warrants being that much more expensive......it's too much

You have to need it, use it and own it to understand how more better the build quality of Macs is.
06-26-2010 07:24 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

You have to need it, use it and own it to understand how more better the build quality of Macs is.

Don't try to patronise me (or at least if you're going to, get your grammar right).  I do need, use and own a MacBook Pro and an iPod Touch (the 3rd iPod I've owned) and I absolutely love them, I would never want to go back to anything other than an iPod...and after my experience with a MacBook I'd be loathe to never have a Mac available to me.  I'm not denying that the build quality of Macs is a lot better, I'm saying that they are overpriced, it's not so much an opinion as a matter of fact.  The more you blindly argue it the more you just seem like another deluded Apple fan boy....nothing is perfect and failing to admit that doesn't help your cause
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes, 1 second ago
06-26-2010 10:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Don't try to patronise me (or at least if you're going to, get your grammar right).  I do need, use and own a MacBook Pro and an iPod Touch (the 3rd iPod I've owned) and I absolutely love them, I would never want to go back to anything other than an iPod...and after my experience with a MacBook I'd be loathe to never have a Mac available to me.  I'm not denying that the build quality of Macs is a lot better, I'm saying that they are overpriced, it's not so much an opinion as a matter of fact.  The more you blindly argue it the more you just seem like another deluded Apple fan boy....nothing is perfect and failing to admit that doesn't help your cause

I wasn't trying to patronise you and sorry that it came across that way. I know that "more better" is wrong, it's just something a colleague and I both say to one another at work and it's slowly becoming habit.

The problem is that when people compare prices to PCs, they ignore the fact about the parts. Yes they are more expensive than PCs but that's because the PCs that people buy are shoddy. If you want a decent Windows laptop you have to pay upwards of £500, not much cheaper than Mac counterparts.

The Apple argument is always the same. There's a reason why they're the World's leading technology company now, and that's the last thing I'm saying about it.

Once again, sorry that I came across as patronising - that's the last thing I want to do.
06-26-2010 11:45 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
Agreed.  They are good pieces of hardware.....they are more stable than most other things.  But there's WAY too much hype over any of their products being released.....and they are massively overpriced.  I could understand them being a fraction more.......but when they're 3-4 (or more) times as much.....it's not justified

When you work out the price for the operating system and the high quality products, it's clear that they're well priced.

Well this year all the companies are selling PAYG versions relatively at the same price range.
That's at least 4 companies here in the UK. Kinda shows you there not over priced because if they were some companies could go lower and get more sales.

They can't do that if there not making anything off them :P
06-26-2010 12:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
That's at least 4 companies here in the UK. Kinda shows you there not over priced because if they were some companies could go lower and get more sales.
Those companies don't set the price though, Apple does. True, the companies set a final price in the end, but they have to buy them from Apple first. The only thing the final retailer can do is play around with their own margin, which is often very small, hence why they rather sell you the phone bundled a contract so they can get profit over an extended period of time. Or prepaid as you mentioned, still brings in new customers to the provider.

This post was edited on 06-26-2010 at 01:11 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-26-2010 12:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
[Image: iHandle.jpg]

---

quote:
If you want a decent Windows laptop you have to pay upwards of £500, not much cheaper than Mac counterparts.
The cheapest MacBook I can buy with 0 added features and the lowest specs is £850. £350 difference, that's not "not much cheaper", it's a lot cheaper.

This post was edited on 06-26-2010 at 12:31 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
06-26-2010 12:29 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

36 / Male / Flag
i love the mac vs pc wars, they're so stupidly pointless, it's fun to read.
06-26-2010 03:24 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: