What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » "One way web cam" function not working!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
"One way web cam" function not working!
Author: Message:
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: "One way web cam" function not working!
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
For example of what could have happened: only a very small number of people actually used one-way video/web chats
I hope this is true because the turn out of this removal has caused a lot of complaints :P This might show Windows Live that people do USE it.
07-07-2010 02:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
All the people who said WLM9 was shit, still think it's shit, many are still using 8.5.
You can not use 8.5 anymore (without hacks) since a while.
[/OFF TOPIC]
Um, exactly? Just because it requires a simple string change doesn't mean people aren't using it.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-07-2010 05:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
quote:
For example of what could have happened: only a very small number of people actually used one-way video/web chats
I hope this is true because the turn out of this removal has caused a lot of complaints :P This might show Windows Live that people do USE it.
you misunderstand I think. What I said is quite the opposite.
It is not because like 10000 people complain about it that it means "a lot" of people use it, etc. 10000 people out of more than 1/4 billion of Messenger users is extremely small, and thus a very justified decision to not invest in it anymore. Same reason why they don't develop programs for Win95 anymore...

This post was edited on 07-08-2010 at 12:07 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-08-2010 12:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
It is not because like 10000 people complain about it that it means "a lot" of people use it, etc. 10000 people out of more than 1/4 billion of Messenger users is extremely small, and thus a very justified decision to not invest in it anymore. Same reason why they don't develop programs for Win95 anymore...

Either way, a lot of people hate it and it was a wrong decision. Having only video calling doesn't benefit anyone in anyway than not having single webcams.

High quality video? That's just a lame excuse. When this new version is released fully I can't wait for the 5 posts a day on how to get there webcam to work..
07-08-2010 12:37 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Either way, a lot of people hate it and it was a wrong decision. Having only video calling doesn't benefit anyone in anyway than not having single webcams.

High quality video? That's just a lame excuse. When this new version is released fully I can't wait for the 5 posts a day on how to get there webcam to work..

You missed his point entirely....again.  A "lot"  people don't hate it.....a few thousand people complaining out of the millions of Messenger users doesn't constitute a lot.  And the benefit has already been explained, if you don't want to believe it, that's up to you but asking the same questions over and over again won't get different answers. 
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5207 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes, 36 seconds ago
07-08-2010 06:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
I'm not missing the point. Even if it a few thousand ms must be stupid not to listen. I few thousand members can change A LOT. Look at the petition patchou made ffs.
07-08-2010 12:54 PM
DrPizza

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
And the benefit has already been explained, if you don't want to believe it, that's up to you but asking the same questions over and over again won't get different answers.
No benefit has been explained, because there is literally no benefit.
07-09-2010 04:37 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DrPizza

Higher quality video, that has been explained numerous times by myself, by CookieRevised, by Microsoft themselves
07-09-2010 01:25 PM
DrPizza

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: "One way web cam" function not working!
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by DrPizza

Higher quality video, that has been explained numerous times by myself, by CookieRevised, by Microsoft themselves
Nope, that doesn't make sense, as anyone with even a cursory knowledge of software development would know.

I'm not talking about bogus rationalizations. I'm talking about actual, concrete benefits.
07-09-2010 01:28 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windows...eleased-today.aspx

I want to elaborate a little bit more on some comments I’m seeing here about issues with the webcam feature. Here’s a little background.

The next version of Windows Live Messenger, releasing globally in the coming months, features two-way calling with high quality audio and high-definition video. This enhancement required significant changes in the audio and video stack used across all of our Windows Live services. This week’s Wave 3 update (called “QFE3”) upgrades the current release of Messenger with the new stack. As part of this upgrade, we are retiring one-way webcam functionality.

We never take the decision lightly to remove a feature, but we think that the improvements in performance and call quality for Wave 3 customers and the addition of high-definition video for Wave 4 customers made this the right decision.

Reject it if you want, but that is the benefit and the explanation.

This post was edited on 07-09-2010 at 01:44 PM by djdannyp.
07-09-2010 01:44 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: