What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Rename Contact feature - Gone?

Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
Rename Contact feature - Gone?
Author: Message:
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Rename Contact feature - Gone?
Well, it's been months since my last reply here, guess I'm back again to highlight this issue. As many of the other users who posted in this thread, I for one am still stuck on MSN Messenger 7.5, forced to find bypasses to Microsoft's day-by-day efforts to evict 7.5 users. WLM's been out for years and I'm still here.

Patchou, I'm sure you've heard this before but this feature has been an integral part of my Messenger-ing days since the day you put it in. Having been heavily dependent on this feature to identify and classify my thousands of contacts over the past couple of years, it's near nowhere near practical nor plausible to rename my contacts from scratch in the new yet crippled WLM environment, let alone practicing the memorizing habit.

My point here is simple, this isn't a feature that I, and I'm sure many others who share my dilemma have been, and will be able to drop just like that. I felt a great sense of relief when I saw your reply here promising us that very change, and I still hold you to your word till this day. As a loyal user, I beg of you to one day answer this plea. As of today, my MSN 7.5 has begun to show signs of failing, endless sign in cycles with no success. Perhaps, Microsoft has finally dealt the death blow, and if that's true, I'll be confined to web messengers until the day this feature can make its return to Messenger Plus! Live.

With all the sincerity in the world,
Samanoske Akechi
10-26-2008 03:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
2haerim

RE: Rename Contact feature - Gone?
I vote for revival of Rename Contact feature.

I still use MSN7.5 along with Messenger Plus's Rename Contact feature which is the utmost important feature.

I can't imagine without it any more.

Please bring the Rename Contact feature back as before.
12-13-2008 05:00 AM
trench

49 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Rename Contact feature - Gone?
quote:
Originally posted by 2haerim
I vote for revival of Rename Contact feature.

I still use MSN7.5 along with Messenger Plus's Rename Contact feature which is the utmost important feature.

I can't imagine without it any more.

Please bring the Rename Contact feature back as before.

Yes this is very much missed
02-08-2009 09:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
And yet again, this marks the 3rd annual anniversary of this thread. And now not only have we missed the days of Windows Live Messenger 8.0, the agony continues with Windows Live Messenger 2009.

Patchou, we still patiently await the day this feature either returns as it was in Messenger Plus! 3.63, or at least, some form of a conversion tool to port over the thousands of renamed contacts we've be relying on to identify our contacts, to be compatible with the new Messenger Plus! Live. I remain optimistic for this, Patchou, and I will continue to wait for the day this is finally granted a solution.

Thanks again for reading this, Patchou.

Sincerely,
Samanoske Akechi
02-09-2009 01:31 AM
Samanoske Akechi

– / Male / –
5 years and 7 months since I first opened this thread to make this request. Hi Patchou, I don't mean to impose. I still patiently await the day this feature finally makes it into MsgPlusLive. For now, I'll continue to live, as I always have, with the 6-year old MSN Messenger 7.5 and the deprecated Msg Plus! 3.63.

Thanks again, as always, Patchou.

Your loyal user,
Samanoske Akechi
01-31-2011 02:25 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Samanoske Akechi
Thanks again, as always, Patchou.

It's no longer patchous place, he's part of a new organisation known as Yuna Software :wink:
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
01-31-2011 03:15 PM
kamo061

Thanks for the info.
02-01-2011 08:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version