What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin

Pages: (40): « First « 23 24 25 26 [ 27 ] 28 29 30 31 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
Author: Message:
Hah

Im in a good mood - take advantage!

37 / Male / –
RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
PsychoMark, your website is looking good, WMPPlus2 is great, and the next verison is looking brilliant. What more could you want from life :D

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Me cant spell :(

This post was edited on 02-19-2004 at 11:00 PM by Hah.
This post was brought to you by Hah!
(and he takes no responsibility for it :p)

[Image: signatures.jpg]

{Current Web Site}
02-19-2004 10:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
we could want it to give us free money and download songs for us, but thats asking too much i think :p
02-19-2004 11:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by PsychoMark
LOL, guess that's a "yeah, we would appreciate such an option :)". Good news is, I like it too! It'll be released in WMPlus 3...
:drool: that's gonna be mad :D
02-20-2004 03:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
when is it coming when is it coming [Image: drool.gif]
02-20-2004 12:47 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: WMPlus 2 - Windows Media Player plugin
As always, I stopped announcing release dates a long time ago, unlike certain game companies lately ;). It's done when it's done. I'm currently working on the display picture rendering; the skin format has been defined, my code already loads the ZIP file, reads the skin's PNG images and information and outputs a display picture. Now working on the text rendering, the antialiasing was easy since I'm using the excellent Graphics32 library for Delphi, problem is: it doesn't support text wrapping, so I'm solving that with a bit of custom code... as soon as the first computer rendered display picture is out I'll let you know (got a test-app set up which can also be used to preview skins), so people can already start working on skins if they want (and any feature requests related to that can be included immediately)...

After that WMPlus itself will require some rewriting, building it on top of my plugin framework and of course features like (!xmpartist) and a configuration dialog will be added as well. For this reason I dropped WMPlus 2.1 and went straight to WMPlus 3, way too many additions to use minor version numbers :)

And thanks for the words of praise everyone, they make it all worth double :D
02-20-2004 01:18 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
Text wrapping done. Finished the test application, made two skins and zipped it all up... so anyone interested in making skins / just seeing it in action, you can view the screenshots and download it on my forums (since it supports multiple attachments and the announcement is there anyways, didn't want to pollute this forum)...

If there are any comments, I'm sure I'll hear about it :)
02-20-2004 08:05 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
wow i like the default skin best but well done a very good program. so this is going to automatically do all that data and figure out if it is playing paused or stopped wow! your very clever mark and how about the emoticons i made? Are you going to make an installer like you said? Anyway i would really like to test this plug-in when you are at testing status.
02-23-2004 11:31 AM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
I will include your emoticons, don't know about the installer yet. I don't like the way current installers work; SendKeys/SendMessage. I've already figured out how Messenger stores the emoticons, but after changing it it might need a restart or another way to trigger a refresh... that's not clear to me at this point, I will however at least include them and instructions/examples on how to use 'em...

Yes, WMPlus will figure it all out and call the Display Picture generator. Speaking of which, I made quite some progress yesterday. The new core is much more flexible and completely player independant. For some quick testing I reimplemented the Winamp player, which works 100% (including tags like (!xwaartist)). As updated in the Delphi framework I posted on this forum, all output can now include tags like (!N) and (!IP) as well. Monitoring support for Winamp and Sonique players has been added, basically it's just a thread which polls the player every 5 seconds to see if something has changed... which works quite well... WMP will be instant, since I can monitor it from inside the WMP plugin...

Then, the display picture. I can say it's awesome, the tests with Winamp turned out excellent. But (yeah, there's a but :(), whenever the DP changes it adds it to the list, so you can imagine how it'll grow after a day of listening music. Nobody seems to have the cure, except one guy simply cleared the whole list every time (blegh), so I'll need to run some tests on the decrypted files (thanks MS! really like my display pictures to be encrypted so we have a hard time accessing them! I mean, my picture might contain my password or something, yeah! can you smell the sarcasm?)... I think I'll be able to pull this off, just need to check how well it'd work...

I'm not sure whether or not I'll release a beta, since it wouldn't include a configuration dialog and support for /xmpcommand and the likes has been dropped (figured they wouldn't be needed anyways with a configuration dialog and the (!xmpartist) tags, unless someone really really wants those commands available :))...
02-23-2004 12:09 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

i downloaded it and it did nothing for me, sum1 please help me **unleash it**
02-23-2004 12:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
I guess you're talking about WMPlus 2 now? Did you follow the installation instructions in the FAQ on the website?
02-23-2004 01:11 PM
Pages: (40): « First « 23 24 25 26 [ 27 ] 28 29 30 31 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: