What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger 5 Compatibility

Pages: (12): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Messenger 5 Compatibility
Author: Message:
SystemDown

38 / – / –
He already saw it :wink:
10-27-2002 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riball

– / Male / –
This is what i found somewhere on the microsoft pages
How are MSN Messenger and Windows® Messenger different?

Windows XP comes with Windows Messenger, which remains available even after MSN Messenger 5.0 is installed on your computer.

Here are some things to keep in mind:
Only Windows Messenger can connect to the Communications Service and Exchange Instant Messaging, which are only used in corporations.

Some programs, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, and Remote Assistance, connect to Windows Messenger by default. When you are signed in to MSN Messenger, you may appear offline to people who connect to these programs and have you listed as a contact.

MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger can run at the same time, but only one will start automatically. You can start the other program from your list of programs (in Windows, click the Start button, point to All Programs, and then click the program you want to start).

In most cases, MSN Messenger will start automatically whenever you start Windows, unless you turn off this setting in your Messenger options. However, if you have set up Windows Messenger for corporate instant messaging and to start automatically when you start Windows, then it will continue in this manner and MSN Messenger will not start automatically.

You can be signed in to both MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger at the same time, but not with the same .NET Passport account. For instance, you can sign in to MSN Messenger with your Passport and then sign in to Windows Messenger with a different Passport account or with your corporate instant messaging account.

When both programs are running, you will see icons for each in your Windows taskbar (near your computer's clock). You can tell them apart by pointing to them with your mouse. When you point to an icon, a message appears telling you which program it is.

If you are signed in to one Messenger program with your Passport and then sign in to the other one using the same account, you will be automatically signed out of the first program.

http://messenger.msn.com/support/helphome.asp?client=1#Q1b

this is what i found in the microsoft faq
10-27-2002 04:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Julian1984

39 / Male / –
What will happend????
Would be happend? I hope you could lunch the beta version of MP2 ... What had say the micro$oft people? That u have to pay for the code?? (i don impress if the said that...) Please, we need information...

----------------------------------------------------

Que va a pasar? Espero que saques la version Beta de MP2... Que ha dicho la gente de micro$oft?? Que tienes que pagar por el codigo?? (no me extrañaria q lo hubieran dicho...) Por favor, necesitamos informacion...
El Pueblo, Unido, Jamas será Vencido!!!
..:: |[ Julian & Ana 24/03/02 ]| ::..

By.: PrOmETeO^ ( MP2 Alpha Tester )
10-27-2002 06:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Julian1984
Would be happend? I hope you could lunch the beta version of MP2 ... What had say the micro$oft people? That u have to pay for the code?? (i don impress if the said that...) Please, we need information...

----------------------------------------------------

Que va a pasar? Espero que saques la version Beta de MP2... Que ha dicho la gente de micro$oft?? Que tienes que pagar por el codigo?? (no me extrañaria q lo hubieran dicho...) Por favor, necesitamos informacion...

LOL :rolleyes:
[translation] I hope U release the beta version of MP2...
What did the Microsoft people say ? Have U to pay to get the code ? ( I wouldn't be impressed If they said that... ) Please, we need information... [/translation]
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-27-2002 06:47 PM
Julian1984

39 / Male / –
ejem...
To the spanish translator: Do u understand it, or not? I'm from Madrid, and not from London!! (It's not necessary to tranlate it to the rest of the people... and less, if in u're nick say that you're the translator to spanish, u think u're more than others...

---------------------------------------

Pal español, se entendia o no?? pos ia sta, q io soy de madrid y no de Londres!!! (no hace falta q corrijas a los demás...y menos q pq ponga q eres el traductor al español o algo asi, te creas superior)
El Pueblo, Unido, Jamas será Vencido!!!
..:: |[ Julian & Ana 24/03/02 ]| ::..

By.: PrOmETeO^ ( MP2 Alpha Tester )
10-27-2002 07:01 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
I could understand it before Chrono translated it... :rolleyes:
10-27-2002 07:02 PM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
So could i if you can read my posts thats no problem ;), it woudl be nice to know some definate information.
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-27-2002 07:03 PM
CrazyCanoc

61 / – / –
Please!!! Release V1.43 now!  :cry:
10-28-2002 04:10 PM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Why do you want it so desperatly!?
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-28-2002 04:38 PM
CrazyCanoc

61 / – / –
I love Messenger Plus but MSN Messenger 5 allows me to send files true my corporate firewall. But I miss the logging facility of Messenger Plus.

I would not mind to find a private copy of Messenger Plus 1.43 in my mail box ;)

Just in case:
CrazyCanoc@NOSPAMhotmail.com
(remove NOSPAM)
10-28-2002 06:14 PM
Pages: (12): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: