What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)

Pages: (20): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
ok i have a bug i havent seen it above. if you have you contact list window docked it cannot be resized or maximised. to either resize or maximise the contact list window you must first undock the contact list window. i discovered this bug yesterday and today in versions 3.40.108 nd in 109 when i was testing the (colored nicknames show as empty when not expanded bug that build 109 resolved.) i dont recall this bug being present prior to 3.40 beta.
That is not a bug, that is how docking works (and always has worked) in Messenger Plus!.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-11-2004 11:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
ok i have a bug i havent seen it above. if you have you contact list window docked it cannot be resized or maximised. to either resize or maximise the contact list window you must first undock the contact list window. i discovered this bug yesterday and today in versions 3.40.108 nd in 109 when i was testing the (colored nicknames show as empty when not expanded bug that build 109 resolved.) i dont recall this bug being present prior to 3.40 beta.
That is not a bug, that is how docking works (and always has worked) in Messenger Plus!.
oh ok cookie, sorry i didnt realise thats how it worked thanks for explaining it to me. im going to shut up now.

Edit
ok i found yet another bug. i was told after my bug report about colornick 2 not working well in plus 3.40 beta for creating rainbow colored nicknames that i should try using the /nick command and the ctrl+k color selector. which i have done. it shows my colored nickname fine. however for some reason i cant make it bold, as seen suggested in other threads i tryed selecting the whole nickname and using ctrl+b that had no effect. so i looked to see how colornick does it, colornick 2 uses the # sign to set the bold parameter from what i can see but when i tried added the # to the relevant place in my nickname i got the following error message.

[Image: Error%20When%20Addiung%20Bold%20To%20Cus...2631000481]

any ideas as to why this has happened? and can this problem ever be fixed?

This post was edited on 11-11-2004 at 01:39 PM by stuartbennett.
11-11-2004 11:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
stuka85

Keep It Kandi

38 / Male / –
wut happened with the memory leak?? :S :( i dont have any plug in installed either..
11-11-2004 08:32 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
quote:

Edit
ok i found yet another bug. i was told after my bug report about colornick 2 not working well in plus 3.40 beta for creating rainbow colored nicknames that i should try using the /nick command and the ctrl+k color selector. which i have done. it shows my colored nickname fine. however for some reason i cant make it bold, as seen suggested in other threads i tryed selecting the whole nickname and using ctrl+b that had no effect. so i looked to see how colornick does it, colornick 2 uses the # sign to set the bold parameter from what i can see but when i tried added the # to the relevant place in my nickname i got the following error message.

If you want to make your nickname bold you have to type "/nick " then press CTRL + B (it will give you a symbole) and then type the rest of your nickname. If you want to go back to normal you can use CTRL + O

quote:
Originally posted by stuka85
wut happened with the memory leak??
The memoryleak problem should be fixed now in 3.40.109 (released yesterday)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34015
11-11-2004 11:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuka85

Keep It Kandi

38 / Male / –
i have installed the 109 and still having the slowness problem..
11-12-2004 12:45 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:

Edit

If you want to make your nickname bold you have to type "/nick " then press CTRL + B (it will give you a symbole) and then type the rest of your nickname. If you want to go back to normal you can use CTRL + O

ok i tryed what you have suggested, here is the code thats generated with everything together coloured nickname and bold.

"/nick4[LAVA] 7DemonSlayer 8Head 9Admin 11@ www.sdtourneys.net 57212.5 56days 13till lvl 7"

when i press the send button in the convo i get the same error message as i reported earlier. any other ideas on how to have colored nicknames and make them bold?

This post was edited on 11-12-2004 at 07:51 AM by stuartbennett.
11-12-2004 07:49 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
you have to put a space between /nick and the first character :).

As for the memory leak, I know it's still there and I'm still working on it.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-12-2004 09:29 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
you have to put a space between /nick and the first character :).

thanks patchou, it works fine now, your the greatest keep up all the good work on plus.
11-12-2004 10:48 AM
stuka85

Keep It Kandi

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

thx patchou :) let's wait for the next release :D
11-13-2004 05:27 AM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
also, in msg plus ver 3.25, when you hover your mouse over a floating contact, a yellow box appears giving you info about the contact, but in 3.40 beta, the yellow box does not come out
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
11-13-2004 02:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (20): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: