What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do heaven and hell exist?

Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
Do heaven and hell exist? Vote what YOU think
This poll is closed.
yeah, for sure. 20 35.71%
nah, for sure not. 14 25%
maybe? 15 26.79%
i don't care! 7 12.5%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Do heaven and hell exist?
Author: Message:
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
Sorry to disagree with you guys but what about other religions who have their own versions of the bible? How were they directed to write them?

Bibles are nothing but historical records. It is just a book, filled with recorded history. Nobody has to be directed to write a bible.
03-07-2005 04:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
i have suddenly started to think about jesus and have to read the bible for a subject at school so i am half half on this
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
03-07-2005 04:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
Sorry to disagree with you guys but what about other religions who have their own versions of the bible? How were they directed to write them?

there is the old testament and the new testament.

all three - christianity, islam, and judaism base themselves on the old testament. i don't think there is any specific difference in the the old testament that those three religions use. the difference is what comes after..

for instance:
the new testament part of the bible is only followed by christians - some of the parts in it are said to have been written by some of jesus's desciples. it is considered to be about jesus's life and death.

the koran - is followed by muslims. it is considered to contain the will of god revealed to muhammad.

judaism - only follows the old testament

:P if i'm wrong here somebody who knows better please correct me

- isnt it weird that all three of these religions have the old testament as their base?

This post was edited on 03-07-2005 at 04:36 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-07-2005 04:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
all three - christianity, islam, and judaism base themselves on the old testament..
Islaam is based upon the Qur'aan and the Sunnah (way) of Muhammad  (peace be upon him)
The Qur'aan are the words of God revealed to Muhammad, and were written down by his companions (as he couldn't read or write).

The Qur'aan is a book that contains no errors nor contradictions, and has not been changed since it was revealed over 1400 years ago (unlike other books that man has since corrupted).

The Qur'aan also contains many scientific facts that have only been discovered in the past century.

For information about that visit: http://science4islam.com/ and http://www.islam-guide.com/
03-07-2005 04:44 AM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
ok sorry i didnt know they were all based around words of god etc....
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

03-07-2005 04:50 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
Islaam is based upon the Qur'aan and the Sunnah (way) of Muhammad  (peace be upon him)
The Qur'aan are the words of God revealed to Muhammad, and were written down by his companions (as he couldn't read or write).

The Qur'aan is a book that contains no errors nor contradictions, and has not been changed since it was revealed over 1400 years ago (unlike other books that man has since corrupted).

The Qur'aan also contains many scientific facts that have only been discovered in the past century.

For information about that visit: http://science4islam.com/ and http://www.islam-guide.com/

yes, but how does Islam view the old testament?

spam.

03-07-2005 04:50 AM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
yes, but how does Islam view the old testament?
We believe in the Psalms that was revealed to Dawuud (David), we believe in the scripture that was revealed to Ibraahim (Abraham), we believe in the Torah that was revealed to Musa (Moses), we believe in the Gospel that was revealed to 'Eesa (Jesus), and we believe in any other scripture that was revealed to the Prophets and/or Messengers before them (Peace be upon all of them).

Having said that, we do not follow nor consider these books to be the pure word of God anymore, since they have been changed (and corrupted) by mankind - fact.
03-07-2005 04:57 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
We believe in the Psalms that was revealed to Dawuud (David), we believe in the scripture that was revealed to Ibraahim (Abraham), we believe in the Torah that was revealed to Musa (Moses), we believe in the Gospel that was revealed to 'Eesa (Jesus), and we believe in any other scripture that was revealed to the Prophets and/or Messengers before them (Peace be upon all of them).

Having said that, we do not follow nor consider these books to be the pure word of God anymore, since they have been changed (and corrupted) by mankind - fact.

ah.. now i understand.. :) thanks

spam.

03-07-2005 05:00 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
Im fair sure there would be something after death but I dont think it will be one place for bad people and one place for good people , i think we will be reborn into other creatures or humans again.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-07-2005 06:28 AM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
i think that when we die, it's just like going to a sleep and we will never wake up from it again and cease to exist. it sounds scary even to myself :S
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
03-07-2005 07:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: