What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do heaven and hell exist?

Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
Do heaven and hell exist? Vote what YOU think
This poll is closed.
yeah, for sure. 20 35.71%
nah, for sure not. 14 25%
maybe? 15 26.79%
i don't care! 7 12.5%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Do heaven and hell exist?
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
Dont ask me why cause i dont know but i seem to believe in the reincarnation bit. That implies no for sure so thats my vote but it wouldnt hurt if that were a different option :rolleyes:
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-05-2005 10:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
As we know now, every organism, every atom, nearly everything in nature (wind, water etc) has some sort of energy, and energy can only be converted into energy, eg. wind energy --> electric energy, energy can't be lost or created.
Of couse, humans have energy too, partially electric energy.
But can we call this cycle "afterlife" ? This constant energy exchange only happens in the level of atoms and molecules, so it's no real "life".

the nutrients in your body, i.e. the protein used to make cells, any food that was in your body, the fat in your body, everything stems from other organic materials (im not talking about organicly grown food, im talking about naturally occuring materials), when you, or any lifeform dies, all these nutrients are taken from their body, these nutrients will help another lifeform grow, be it through the minerals being absorbed into the soil, which plants use to grow, and then create fruits that animals eat, or by maggots eating your body.

Either way, your flesh will become, in one way or another, part of another being.

This is something that can be explained through science, not through religion, and i think it is a nice way to live your life, knowing that through your death, you spawn the life of others.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
03-05-2005 11:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user44571
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
As we know now, every organism, every atom, nearly everything in nature (wind, water etc) has some sort of energy, and energy can only be converted into energy, eg. wind energy --> electric energy, energy can't be lost or created.
Of couse, humans have energy too, partially electric energy.
But can we call this cycle "afterlife" ? This constant energy exchange only happens in the level of atoms and molecules, so it's no real "life".

the nutrients in your body, i.e. the protein used to make cells, any food that was in your body, the fat in your body, everything stems from other organic materials (im not talking about organicly grown food, im talking about naturally occuring materials), when you, or any lifeform dies, all these nutrients are taken from their body, these nutrients will help another lifeform grow, be it through the minerals being absorbed into the soil, which plants use to grow, and then create fruits that animals eat, or by maggots eating your body.

Either way, your flesh will become, in one way or another, part of another being.

This is something that can be explained through science, not through religion, and i think it is a nice way to live your life, knowing that through your death, you spawn the life of others.

woah, thats sounds really nice, like a completely different sort of afterlife
03-05-2005 11:09 AM
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
nah i doubt it totally
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
03-05-2005 11:59 AM
user44571
Disabled Account

doubt what, saralks thing or that heaven and hell exist?
03-05-2005 12:00 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
RE: RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,

Do Heaven and Hell exist? Most certainly, I believe so.

Why? Well, without going into scripture (because not everyone believes in certain books [perhaps this is another discussion]) I'll just tell you how I see it.

As toddlers we are taught that if we do something bad, we receive a punishment of some kind (whether that be no chocolate or a smack on the bum, lol) and if we do something good then we receive a reward. This is true throughout our childhood, being a teenager and an adult - throughout our whole lives. This is also true through common law, if you break the law you receive a punishment, and if you do something outstanding then you are acknowledged and receive a reward.

So, are people wronged in this life without receiving justice? Yes. Do people do good and aren't rewarded? Yes.
Totally disagree with this, if you do good to other people, people will treat you like that too. that'd be your reward :)
quote:
So it's only logical that after one dies, there is a recompense for all those actions, a punishment and a reward. How can one deny this, and why is it so hard to believe when we don't deny it in this life?

If you don't believe in life after death, then you believe that your life is without meaning. If you don't believe in life after death, then I ask you what are you doing here? Go out, have fun, do whatever you want, absolutely anything that makes you feel good.. good or bad? Who cares! Just do it! Why? You believe you won't be judged and punished/rewarded in the next life, you believe there is nothing, so stop wasting your meaningless life and at least have some fun while you're here (not that you'll remember it after, because you'll cease to exist, remember?). In fact, kill yourself right now and rid yourself of this misery. Absolutely Meaningless.
Why would I kill myself? for the time I have to spend on this earth, I like it :)
And I totally disagree with the part about doing whatever you want,
You and I are sharing this world with a lot of others, and if we don't respect those others, how can I expect others to respect me?
and if others don't respect me, how can I keep this a happy life :)?
quote:
If you believe the above, and believe in God, then you also believe that God has put us here for fun and play, without wisdom, implying God is imperfect.

I believe we have been created to worship God how GOD intended us to worship Him, how do we know how? Perhaps this is yet another discussion. In short, I believe that if you submit to God how He intended you to then you will be judged on your deeds and be punished or forgiven for your sins, be recompensed for any injustice towards you, and inevitably enter Paradise for eternity. On the flip side, I believe if you don't submit to God the way He intended, you will receive justice from the others that wronged you on the day of judgment, and then you will go to Hellfire, for eternity.
Well, that's what you believe, and I respect you for that.
What I don't respect however is people trying to convince others of their religion. I don't like terrorists, I don't like those silly christians ringing your door to tell you about god. But don't get me wrong, if you're not going to spam me to death with this theory, I won't hate you, because you put it here for others to read, and others can decide for themselves if they want to read it or not :)
quote:

And as ~INVASION~ mentioned, if you're wrong, you'll suffer for it. If I'm wrong, I lost nothing (and infact led a very happy and fruitful life). But if I'm right (and I believe with 100% certainty with a foundation that can not be shaken [because of the proof that my religion gives], that I am right), the reward is Paradise.

Yeah, if I'm wrong, I'll probably suffer (although I don't think I've actually ever done REAL bad :P).
But for now, I'm willing to take that chance, since I have seen absolutely no proof, not even vague proof, to religions except for books made up by people.
Some might argue that people have seen the light, but keep in mind that there are also a lot of people claiming to have been kidnapped by aliens :P
[Image: theblasp.png]
03-05-2005 12:35 PM
user44571
Disabled Account

i believe its all in your head, there's no way of telling if any of these afterlives are true because its the afterlife, meaning they cant speak to us
03-05-2005 12:53 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

we are made of flesh and blood. religion, hell, heaven, ghosts, etc. IT'S ALL IMAGINATION. we want to explain what we can't explain. our brain thinks and thinks and goes way too far.

religion, etc. are caused by the high intelligence of mankind.
03-05-2005 01:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
lol of course heaven and hell dont exist. the likely hood that us humans actually thought of something that is there is so unlikely i severly doubt it.
you just die and then your dead. peoplewho thhink overwise are jst trying to cling onto a safety blanket so they dont have to think about them not existing anymore. but you wont. when you die you are dead and nothing happens to you or your "soul" after that. thats it.
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
03-05-2005 04:34 PM
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
After death... you don't breathe any more... i think

I think Heaven and Hell do exist... or at least Purgatory

This post was edited on 03-05-2005 at 06:03 PM by Joe.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
03-05-2005 06:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: