What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)

Pages: (16): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March)
quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
I have a question... it's really just me being confused.  If I wanted to count down by days to a certain event, I can't set it to count down every 24 hours?  It says the limit is 12 hours....

Does this mean set it at 12 hours and it checks every 12 hours to see if it needs to be changed or it would make a change every 12 hours?
It does change you name every 12 hours then.... But if you only put in the tag %d you won't notice the change... :P Because it only shows days.. :D...
BUT Doesn't it have a 1 day limit? I think I put in a 1 day delay? or am I wrong?... I can't check it right now since my computer is tottally screwed!
03-23-2005 09:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
taz030485

39 / Male / –
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March)
Just downloaded the new version, overwrote the dll and now it's not showing in the plugin list. The previous version worked and showed up fine (Checked right b4 I downloaded). I have removed all reg keys and reran the BAT, manually ran regsvr32 and it succeeds and it's still not showing up.
[Image: taz030485.png]
03-23-2005 11:11 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by taz030485
Just downloaded the new version, overwrote the dll and now it's not showing in the plugin list. The previous version worked and showed up fine (Checked right b4 I downloaded). I have removed all reg keys and reran the BAT, manually ran regsvr32 and it succeeds and it's still not showing up.
No error messages on start up?... Did you also delete the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Preferences\Plugins\countnick.dll
in regedit?.. MsgPlus! migth have disabled this plugin for some reason... Shudown msn, delete the key in reg, delete the key n HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins that has to with the counter plugin... rerun the bat file... start messenger.. this should hopefully fix it...unless you are missing the calender dll i use... :S... I cannot remember the file name right now, and can't tell you as my computer is currently screwed... :(...

Edit:
What Windows do you use?.. Msn? Plus!?
Please try running a search on windows folder for the file MSCOMCTL.OCX and also the file MSCOMCT2.OCX, if you do then there is some other problem.. Of course only if the "reinstall" doesn't work... If the "reinstall" method doesn't work, try searching for the files, if you don't have them, then search/download them on google, move it to your windows\system folder, if you are using xp then windows\system32 folder... and then use regsvr32 on them... :D... Please report here if it works or not...?...

This post was edited on 03-23-2005 at 01:34 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
03-23-2005 01:20 PM
Kruxx

Does this work with the new *leaked* version of MSN too, the older version did I know that... But since I updated both plugin and Messenger, it's not showing in the plugin directory...

*EDIT*
Ok, I got it working by following something about registry in the 1st post of this thread...it was working for a while, then all of a sudden I get 2 error messages, happens each time I load msn. (screenshot attatched)

I'm using

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0732
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.50.0124

Exactly the same as my GF who also has the nickname counter plugin working fine, so it cant be incompatibilty i don't think

.jpg File Attachment: Errors.JPG (11.04 KB)
This file has been downloaded 182 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-23-2005 at 06:15 PM by Kruxx.
03-23-2005 04:42 PM
taz030485

39 / Male / –
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March)
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
No error messages on start up?... Did you also delete the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Preferences\Plugins\countnick.dll
in regedit?.. MsgPlus! migth have disabled this plugin for some reason... Shudown msn, delete the key in reg, delete the key n HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins that has to with the counter plugin... rerun the bat file... start messenger.. this should hopefully fix it...unless you are missing the calender dll i use... :S... I cannot remember the file name right now, and can't tell you as my computer is currently screwed... :(...

Edit:
What Windows do you use?.. Msn? Plus!?
Please try running a search on windows folder for the file MSCOMCTL.OCX and also the file MSCOMCT2.OCX, if you do then there is some other problem.. Of course only if the "reinstall" doesn't work... If the "reinstall" method doesn't work, try searching for the files, if you don't have them, then search/download them on google, move it to your windows\system folder, if you are using xp then windows\system32 folder... and then use regsvr32 on them... :D... Please report here if it works or not...?...

No there where no error messages, I had removed both keys you said (and ones for plugins I no longer have;))
I am using
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0632

The first ocx was there but the second wasn't so I d/led put in system32. I registered both files to be sure then "reinstalled" and now it works fine :) Thanks for your help

This post was edited on 03-23-2005 at 11:04 PM by taz030485.
[Image: taz030485.png]
03-23-2005 11:04 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
hey, off the hook man!

you keep on suprising me Cyber

although im having trouble starting the counter when I start msn, it's rlly good ;-)
03-24-2005 12:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Kruxx
Does this work with the new *leaked* version of MSN too, the older version did I know that... But since I updated both plugin and Messenger, it's not showing in the plugin directory...

*EDIT*
Ok, I got it working by following something about registry in the 1st post of this thread...it was working for a while, then all of a sudden I get 2 error messages, happens each time I load msn. (screenshot attatched)

I'm using

Exactly the same as my GF who also has the nickname counter plugin working fine, so it cant be incompatibilty i don't think

Hmm... Yeah, this version haven't been tested properly... As what I can see from the error messages it looks like you have entered a invalid command for one of the settings... I don't know what it might be,I haven't made to much error handling in it(if anything at all :P).. I think the problem could be fixed by going to Start - Run and type regedit, and navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Preferences\Plugins\countnick.dll
replacing <email> with you msn account... then delete that key, or all values in it.. this will reset all settings and hopefully fix the problem...

quote:
Originally posted by taz030485
No there where no error messages, I had removed both keys you said (and ones for plugins I no longer have;))
I am using
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0632

The first ocx was there but the second wasn't so I d/led put in system32. I registered both files to be sure then "reinstalled" and now it works fine :) Thanks for your help
Nice to know that worked.. :D.. When I make an installer i'll just have to include those to files.. then that would be solved.. :D..

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
hey, off the hook man!

you keep on suprising me Cyber

although im having trouble starting the counter when I start msn, it's rlly good ;-)
Cool... :D...
Hmm.. What do you mean with trouble starting the counter when you start msn?... it doesn't start automatically? or doesn't it want to start the counting when you enable it?...
03-24-2005 02:39 PM
Kruxx

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Hmm... Yeah, this version haven't been tested properly... As what I can see from the error messages it looks like you have entered a invalid command for one of the settings... I don't know what it might be,I haven't made to much error handling in it(if anything at all ).. I think the problem could be fixed by going to Start - Run and type regedit, and navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Preferences\Plugins\countnick.dll
replacing <email> with you msn account... then delete that key, or all values in it.. this will reset all settings and hopefully fix the problem...

Worked a treat, and...Everything seems to work also, so I doubt much testing at all needs to be done with the new messenger beta

Aight, ignore my last post about no testing LOL. I'm getting the errors again, I think I know what's causing it now though.

If I remember correctly, last time the errors arrived just after clicking 'Cancel' in the configuration screen. I just pressed cancel in it again, and the errors are here once more.... It's not a big task to fix it but its getting annoying...
(see attachment)

Well I just reformatted my hard drive and tried to re-install this plugin, and unfortunately it's not listed in the plugins anymore. I've gone through the registry like before and deleted one key and re-made the key, then deleted the other to re-set but still..Nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Plugins:

StuffPlug-NG
Systemstat
Ultimate Messenger Lock plugin
File Transfer Plus
Screenshot Sender 3
ColorNick v2

.jpg File Attachment: erros2.jpg (57.76 KB)
This file has been downloaded 164 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-07-2005 at 08:00 PM by Tochjo.
03-24-2005 07:59 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Kruxx:

Please don't dobule and triple post... please use the edit button.. :D.. But ok...
Hmm... About the problem with it erroing if you use cancel... I don't suspect any bugs there, since pressing cancel doesn't do anything besides reloading all the settings from the registry... That means if you have saved the settings by pressing the ok button and then gone into the configuration again and press cancel it will just load those settings... If you have used the ok, to save, and you restart MSN Messenger, does it work then? or does it error then?.. If it errors then there is a loading bug, if not then I don't know yet, and wil have to check on this.. If you used the cancel button on the very first run without pressing the ok button then there might be a bug there, I don't know haven't tested that thoughrully... I will have to do some more testing and trashing when I get new computer(hopefully tomorrow or during next week) since I don't have any computer atm... :(...

The problem not working after you formatted it properly due to that you are missing some system files that I use... I have posted this a few posts above this post and here is the copy/paste:

Please try running a search on windows folder for the file MSCOMCTL.OCX and also the file MSCOMCT2.OCX, if you do then there is some other problem.. Of course only if the "reinstall" doesn't work... If the "reinstall" method doesn't work, try searching for the files, if you don't have them, then search/download them on google, move it to your windows\system folder, if you are using xp then windows\system32 folder... and then use regsvr32 on them... ... Please report here if it works or not...?...

Hope it fixes your problems.. :D...
03-26-2005 12:11 AM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
ive got msgplus 3.50, msn 7.0.0632 and loadsa other plugins... works fine here(Y)(Y)(Y) GREAT PLUGIN CYBERDUDE

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-26-2005 12:31 AM
Pages: (16): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: