What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! POP3 Gmail Limitations

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
Messenger Plus! POP3 Gmail Limitations
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations
quote:
Originally posted by soul4arg
I try all the settings, but my msgplus can't detect anyways. It just can't detect from pop3.
It does detect stuff from pop3. Hence it is a pop3 checker!

The thing is, GMail is NOT pop3, despite what they say it is. Please read the first post in this thread. ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-24-2005 09:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
-TheKing-

– / Male / –
RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations
Actually, I never seem to have that issue and I used the POP3 feature in Messenger Plus! to check my e-mail.

I use the archive my messages when they are downloaded on POP3 setting on GMail.

I also disabled the leave a copy of downloaded messages on server in my e-mail program (Microsoft Outlook).

Unfortunately, If you don't actually use POP3 to check GMail but you just use the POP3 feature in GMail so you can use the Messenger Plus! feature to check how much e-mail you have, then I can't help you with this advice.
The King
06-23-2006 09:19 AM
DamianWarS

the gmail limitation doesn't bother me.... i can do math and remember the last number of emails gmail had... but i seem to have reached a max limit or something.  i'm all about google’s philosophy with "never delete an email again" they have good search tools so why not.  so i have about a 1000 or so emails but plus says i have 445 and it has said that for a few months now.  i just disabled the feature because its pretty useless for me and I don’t care enough to reset the count all the time.

don't misunderstand me i'm not trying to say plus needs to fix this i'm sure its been programed around the pop3 protocol properly and i'm sure its all gmails fault but I’m curious to know if anyone else out there is having the same problem.  Or can someone confirm they get a count over 445 that increments.

interestingly enough sometimes i have received a count like 445,3 and the comma seems to separate different folders in most cases its seems to be the junk mail folder but it also has picked up the drafts folder  Its a little random and its never consistant to really know and I’m sure its all gmails fault.

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 02:13 PM by DamianWarS.
06-26-2006 09:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SerGuMa

always connected...

– / Male / –
I've never had any problem with the gmail mail notification, it always says the exact amount I have, then when I download them using outlook it turns back to 0, as it should be.
[Image: sergu2fg.jpg]
06-26-2006 10:55 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa
I've never had any problem with the gmail mail notification, it always says the exact amount I have, then when I download them using outlook it turns back to 0, as it should be.

Do you delete your emails or achive them?
Segosa is newb.
06-26-2006 09:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
SerGuMa

always connected...

– / Male / –
RE: RE: MsgPlus! Pop3 Gmail Limitations
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa

Do you delete your emails or achive them?

archive them ^^
06-26-2006 11:35 PM
DamianWarS

quote:
Originally posted by DamianWarS
i have about a 1000 or so emails but plus says i have 445
i downloaded all my emails using outlook leaving the emails also on gmail but achived.  When outlook was downloading them it said i had 445 but it downloaded about 2000.  Once it was finsihed msgplus said i had 0 emails so it reset the counter.

The number must the be the amount of undownloaded emails not unread emails and it must max out at 445.  Once you download them the number is reset.  If you think about it Outlook or anyother mail client needs to somehow know what to download instead of getting them all each time so it would have to work this way.  So the number it returns to msgplus (or a mail client) is more of the amount of emails it needs to synchronize than it is unread emails.

So if you think of the number this way both msgplus and gmail work fine.  perhaps a less confusing toast message would be "235 unsynchronized emails"  But there's no point bending over for google.  A script is more suited for a work around to this.
06-28-2006 05:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by DamianWarS
A script is more suited for a work around to this.

Agreed, i'll look into making something like this upcoming holidays. :P
Segosa is newb.
06-28-2006 06:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
SerGuMa

always connected...

– / Male / –
Yep, that's true, when you download mails from gmail it downloads the recieved and the sent ones :P
06-28-2006 09:49 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: