What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Okay.. Pissed off me

Pages: (10): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
Okay.. Pissed off me
Author: Message:
Snake

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Okay.. Pissed off me
Realy... I have stopped coming to the MsgPlus web site because of the spam and all the bad help you get there are more fights and it's just not fun as it used to be... If you look in this thread alone there is more spam then any sort of point to half of what people have posted. It's just point less!:@
[Image: sig.png]
04-22-2005 01:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
If you look in this thread alone there is more spam then any sort of point to half of what people have posted. It's just point less!:@
umm... I beg to differ.  This thread has no spam at all.  I read every post, and they all have something good to say, accept yours.  If you think the thread is spam, report it.  :D
04-22-2005 02:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fredzz

37 / Male / –
well thats very nice, i dont know why the forums are sucking.. i give a negative rep point to someone, and few hours later, the rep is removed.. what?  i cant vote negative on a "powerful" member? .. few days ago, he had 2 or 3 negative reps.. now its all positive.. Why do you make an option to choose +1 or -1? let it be only plus ,knowing that if we vote negative it will be removed.. this forum is crap! something should be done!
Fredzz rox00rz
04-22-2005 03:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

O.P. RE: Okay.. Pissed off me
quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
well thats very nice, i dont know why the forums are sucking.. i give a negative rep point to someone, and few hours later, the rep is removed.. what?  i cant vote negative on a "powerful" member? .. few days ago, he had 2 or 3 negative reps.. now its all positive.. Why do you make an option to choose +1 or -1? let it be only plus ,knowing that if we vote negative it will be removed
Your reputation was removed because it was not a valid reason to give one!
quote:
this forum is crap! something should be done!
Thats good, you say that and you don't back it up with how or what is wrong.
04-22-2005 03:41 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
i give a negative rep point to someone, and few hours later, the rep is removed.. what?
Have you read the guidelines?
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42505

I can't say why your vote was removed, because I don't know which one you're talking about, and now I'm not the only admin who deletes them.
quote:
i cant vote negative on a "powerful" member?
It's fine if you give a negative rep to a staff member. The same guidelines apply for everyone.
quote:
knowing that if we vote negative it will be removed
Are you kidding? FYI, there are about 500 negative votes in the database right now. I know that's quite a bit less than the number of positives, but only because people tend to give more positive than negative. Please, don't make accusations when you obviously don't know what you're talking about. :-/
04-22-2005 03:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
:@:@:@:@

I've had it with the maturity and attitude of some of the members here. I've had it with the spammers too who obviously cannot follow some simple rules.

If you don't have anything useful or nice to say then don't say it at all

Read the rules for heavens sake, http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html

Seriously, numerous members have left because of the increasing amount of spam on this place and the fact people are making useless replies to help requests and providing wrong information. People have left because they don't like the attitude of people here.

Flaming, abuse or any other kind of related action will result in an instant 24hour ban from me

Right now i'm going to enforce a new "policy" of mine. You spam the first time (ie 2 reported posts from you), you get one warning. Spam again its a 24 hour ban with an email sent to you explaining why. Spam again after that it becomes a week. Eventually you'll just be banned.

Now, if you post warez, you'll be banned right away. If you flame another member, well you'll possibly be banned right away too.

These wont be the actions of all of the moderators, but of me, unless they decide to adopt this idea too.

It gets on my nerves that I come here wanting to read threads/post and I spend half my time dealing with reported posts, bad reputations and everything else. It also shits me to death when people are spamming and i'm tyring to read "real" threads and posts.

totally agree with you Chris. specially bout the Spammers ,  an the USE or over-use of the T&T area , the forums have been somehat disgusting to say the lease,
04-22-2005 05:22 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
:@:@:@:@

I've had it with the maturity and attitude of some of the members here. I've had it with the spammers too who obviously cannot follow some simple rules.

If you don't have anything useful or nice to say then don't say it at all

Read the rules for heavens sake, http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html

Seriously, numerous members have left because of the increasing amount of spam on this place and the fact people are making useless replies to help requests and providing wrong information. People have left because they don't like the attitude of people here.

Flaming, abuse or any other kind of related action will result in an instant 24hour ban from me

Right now i'm going to enforce a new "policy" of mine. You spam the first time (ie 2 reported posts from you), you get one warning. Spam again its a 24 hour ban with an email sent to you explaining why. Spam again after that it becomes a week. Eventually you'll just be banned.

Now, if you post warez, you'll be banned right away. If you flame another member, well you'll possibly be banned right away too.

These wont be the actions of all of the moderators, but of me, unless they decide to adopt this idea too.

It gets on my nerves that I come here wanting to read threads/post and I spend half my time dealing with reported posts, bad reputations and everything else. It also shits me to death when people are spamming and i'm tyring to read "real" threads and posts.
Go Chris!
I agree there needs to be a crackdown on spammers and general unhelpful members. Intruiging that I've been more active recently though... however, if this downward trend continues, I will just call it a day. I changed my e-mail account several months back to get away from spam e-mails - I don't want to have to leave a forum for the same reason.

This post was edited on 04-22-2005 at 09:21 AM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-22-2005 09:20 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Now a days many ppl are fighting as to who is spamming ... one blames the other and the other starts arguing.
Please .... stop fighting all of u. Spam is extremely irritating .... but ppl fighting about who is spamming is worse .... some ppl have been on the edge recently and fight at the drop of the hat ..... ok there is a lot of probs n all ... im as disgusted and dissapointed with these problems as the next guy but can we just please stop arguing and get on with the normal forum work and by that i mean helping
I totally agree with the plan surfi has adopted .... u spam u get a warning .... do it again and ur banned cause this never seems to end .... To see ppl arguing is as irritating as seeing spam ...
Can we stop making such spam threads (there have been many) and get on with our work.
And oh yeah .... all of us know what to do now ... its been said by a million ppl a million times. No spam posts, help, stay on topic, be nice to other members, if u dont know the answer then dont post there etc .... why r we still arguing and not starting to do that ?
And dont flame me ... this is what i feel

And surfi .... u said that there are a lot of reported posts and u hate to attend to them when u come here to read posts where ur help is reqd. Ok i agree but there are 9 ppl who can do this (4 admin and 5 super mods) Patchou aint here atm ... so thats 8 ppl to do all that work. If u want u could in that case have a temp / perma   mod / super mod for T&T and Gcc / all forums.
I know that Ya'll are not recruiting neone atm but thats just an idea.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-22-2005 10:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
And surfi .... u said that there are a lot of reported posts and u hate to attend to them when u come here to read posts where ur help is reqd. Ok i agree but there are 9 ppl who can do this (4 admin and 5 super mods) Patchou aint here atm ... so thats 8 ppl to do all that work. If u want u could in that case have a temp / perma   mod / super mod for T&T and Gcc / all forums.

I kind of agree to you to a point there. The forum is growing a lot and there hasn't been any new members of the forum staff added, often I come on and no moderators or admins are online. By adding about five respectable and active members to be super moderators. I would believe that we could really cut back on all the crappy threads and spam posts. It's a very simple approach to getting rid of all the growing crap posts and threads in the forum, but it may be effective.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-22-2005 03:32 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
By adding about five respectable and active members to be super moderators.
FIVE? :|

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I would believe that we could really cut back on all the crappy threads and spam posts.
Yeah, but with so many mods, all with their own opinions and decisions, they probably wouldn't communicate well with each other, and it would be a big mess. Think about it: if only one mod thinks an action should be taken, it will be taken, even if nobody else agrees.

And adding new mods is a huge deal (to me anyway)...
04-22-2005 04:21 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: