What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it!

Pages: (11): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it!
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it!
quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
it is DARK ARTS...its sooo dark that it has no mention even in the hogwarts library......dd couldnt have learned such dark magic...or even if he did knw, he wouldnt use it!

I still remember in book 2 when ppl were trying to find CoS and then a student asked its locked with dark arts so how would we find it ...
mcgonagal said ... that if we are good doent we dont know dark magic ... it means we dont use it :P
so u never know what dd would do so that harry could win
it could be a conspiracy to fool voldy into believing that he is dead and snape is with him *-)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-21-2005 04:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
maybe....but i seriously doubt dd having a horcrux...slughorn didnt even wanted dd to knw he knw bout it!!!
07-21-2005 04:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
hmaster

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
Dumbledore was one of the wisest and greatest wizards ever - he wouldn't make a mistake as big as that :)
DD said that because he is so intelligent, it makes his mistakes worse.

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Imo if there is school next year then the hm has to be mrs. mcgonagal :D
She already took over the post at the end of HBP
[Image: sig.png]
07-21-2005 05:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tandy
Veteran Member

:D

34 / Male / –
ok, i only have 2 questions about the book.

1. who is R.A.B, if it was regulus black, isnt he head? if so when where is harry going to find the horcrux?

2. Now that Dumbledore's portrait is in the headmasters office, could harry talk to him, just like he used ot be able to, will he be the same? That would be really good cos then harry wouldnt be totally alone. I hope so
[Image: allju3.jpg]
07-21-2005 09:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
I gotta say that Saralk's predictions that he wrote for MuggleNet are really good and most of it came true.

* ipab applauds Saralk for his deductions and JKR for her wit.

I really enjoyed the book, although I don't really appreciate not having a proper closure, she left herself room for a sequel, which we all know is coming, so wuts the point :s (except $_$)

56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
07-21-2005 10:01 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by hmaster5
She already took over the post at the end of HBP
Oops :P I havent read the book as you can see :P

In my blog .... someone posted a comment here.
They told me to read the stuff here.
Its a huge blog post @ blogger that i think you might wanna consider ;)

Ok you lazy peoples :P
quote:
Originally posted by Karun's Journal .... link mentioned above

Redeeming Dumbledore's Death

Spoiler Warning! As if the title of this web site wasn't warning enough for most people...

So, Dumbledore is dead. Why? There are two, erm, "Points of View" regarding this. One is Harry's, which the book, being focussed as a camera hovering slightly above Harry's head, obviously takes, and, the second is the more rational point of view, which I will discuss here.

In Book 5, Mr. Potter completed his ultimate transformation - he became a painful git. And so, this solidified the fact that, for me, the main hero of the stories became Dumbledore instead of the first two words of the book's title. The notion of Dumbledore's extremely perceptive and receptive brain has been built up with each successive HP title and this book adds to it. I will now go on to explain why I think Dumbledore died of his own free will and did not, as it appears, beg for mercy from S. Snape.

A. P. W. B. Dumbledore is not stupid. This is the salient point throughout my theory and I've believed in this fact since even before the new millennium began. He wouldn't have trusted S. Snape if he didn't have the cold, hard facts on him. Remember how he knew all about Tom Riddle when he came seeking a job at Hogwarts?

Dumbledore knew about the Unforgivable Vow that bound Snape and N. Malfoy. He might have known about this from Snape beforehand and he might have also known what Malfoy intended to do.
Hagrid caught Snape and Dumbledore quarreling at the edge of the forest, and Dumbledore was trying to impress upon Snape, the fact, that he had to do whatever he was told. Also note that they were "quarreling" and not merely talking or discussing as is usually Dumbledore's fashion. This implies that the topic of conversation must be something really big and Dumbledore was forcing Snape to do something that Snape really didn't want to. It could just not be as trivial as investigating Malfoy.
When Potter and Dumbledore returned from the cave, Dumbledore repeatedly asked for Severus Snape and no one else. McGongall and Hagrid were equally trustworthy but he insisted on Snape. Think "Why?".
Also note that, throughout the Cave adventure, Dumbledore kept mentioning how his life was no longer important and that it was Harry who needed to live, not him.
Dumbledore didn't want Draco Malfoy to become a killer. In him, he saw a younger S. Snape and he didn't want him to go over to the Dark side. For this reason, he prevented Draco from killing which would - please excuse me for using Star Wars lingo - complete his transition to the Dark side. He also made sure to ask Malfoy whether any one had been killed and engaged him in conversation until the other Death Eaters had arrived.
When Snape came up to the Astronomy tower, he walked up determinedly. When he got near, his face, as it is mentioned, was filled with hatred. Also, Dumbledore said, in a pleading voice, "... Severus... please...". I just cannot believe that Dumbledore would ever beg for mercy for his life because he was simply unafraid of death. "Death is but the next great adventure", he said to Harry in Harry's first year.
Let's review the information in the light that I shed on it. Dumbledore knew about the Vow and he discussed this with Snape. The plan that Dumbledore chalked out included his own death, and Snape, loyal to Dumbledore, quarreled with him at the edge of the forest because he did not want to kill Dumbledore. Whilst in the cave, Dumbledore impresses upon young Potter about how his own life is no longer important. Dumbledore sends only for Snape on arrival at Hogsmeade. Dumbledore makes sure that Malfoy does not try to kill him. And finally, Dumbledore pleads with Snape; however, he pleads not because he wants to save his life, but, in fact, he pleads because he wants Snape to kill him and go along with the plan, which is why Snape's face is filled with hatred - hatred for himself and what he is just about to do.

Of course, I could be totally wrong about all this but then again I do have seven points. However, this view of the whole thing has a certain charm for me since it proves that Dumbledore didn't die in vain.

The Rest of the Book

The beginning of the book is quite hilarious (I think I count the first, umm, three or four chapters in this) and this general funniness prevails throughout most of the book, making it a joy to read, unlike Book 5, which was a pain in the arse for the major part of the first half. It also thankfully doesn't have a chapter on - or even a mention of - Grawp until the end, and Grawp doesn't have a single dialogue. Good going on that count, Rowling! The romantic part of the book has been done much better than last time. There is a lot more "snogging" and comedy than heart-breaks and awkward moments. Speaking of "snogging", Rowling is just totally obsessed with that word. This book also marks the introduction of the word "slut" into a Harry Potter book.

--Skaran

PS:
An eighth point, which I didn't mention to retain the magical number 7, was that Dumbledore put a freezing charm on Harry. Why? I think it was to prevent Harry from interfering with what was about to happen, as Dumbledore knew he was going to die. Harry obviously wouldn't have let Dumbledore get killed if it was in his power to do something about it.

EDIT: I edited that faulty quote code :P

This post was edited on 07-23-2005 at 09:43 AM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-22-2005 05:15 PM
TylerG

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it!
That really makes you think, I wish the 7th book was out:(
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
07-23-2005 05:28 AM
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it!
quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
quote:
I also think that Harry is the final Horcrux, so he will have to kill voldermort (probably at the department of mysteries) and then will fall through the veil in order to finish voldermort off once and for all.
impossible....voldy splitted his sould before he went off to kill harry....he couldnt do the horcrux after his body was killed!

okay, i think snapes on the good side....the killing of dumbledore was probabl preplanned...dumbledore knw he was to die..he mentions several times bout old age, maybe thats wat dumbledore and snape were arguiing about....maybe snape didnt want to kill DD. i think that DD asked him to kill so that he doesnt break the unbreakable vow...so that snape didnt die and voldy will then be surely convinced that snapes on his side.

also, snape had so many occasions to kill harry, but he always put off that even in front of other death eaters that harry was to be reserved for voldy, but in the previous books, it was clear voldemort wanted harry dead whoever killed him.

anyway, snape is extremly powerful, his potion books proves it. DD always says death is not the worst thing....i think he must have had very important reasons for getting himself killed. i also think that dumbledore was pleading to snape to kill him just before he died.

just a thought....tel me wat do u think!
also, when harry calls snape a coward, he stops to deny this, cos killing dd would have taken a lot of guts

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Originally posted by [url=http://skaran.blogspot.com/2005/07/redeeming-dumbledores-death.html
Karan's Journal[/url]]
Redeeming Dumbledore's Death

Spoiler Warning! As if the title of this web site wasn't warning enough for most people...

So, Dumbledore is dead. Why? There are two, erm, "Points of View" regarding this. One is Harry's, which the book, being focussed as a camera hovering slightly above Harry's head, obviously takes, and, the second is the more rational point of view, which I will discuss here.

In Book 5, Mr. Potter completed his ultimate transformation - he became a painful git. And so, this solidified the fact that, for me, the main hero of the stories became Dumbledore instead of the first two words of the book's title. The notion of Dumbledore's extremely perceptive and receptive brain has been built up with each successive HP title and this book adds to it. I will now go on to explain why I think Dumbledore died of his own free will and did not, as it appears, beg for mercy from S. Snape.

A. P. W. B. Dumbledore is not stupid. This is the salient point throughout my theory and I've believed in this fact since even before the new millennium began. He wouldn't have trusted S. Snape if he didn't have the cold, hard facts on him. Remember how he knew all about Tom Riddle when he came seeking a job at Hogwarts?

Dumbledore knew about the Unforgivable Vow that bound Snape and N. Malfoy. He might have known about this from Snape beforehand and he might have also known what Malfoy intended to do.
Hagrid caught Snape and Dumbledore quarreling at the edge of the forest, and Dumbledore was trying to impress upon Snape, the fact, that he had to do whatever he was told. Also note that they were "quarreling" and not merely talking or discussing as is usually Dumbledore's fashion. This implies that the topic of conversation must be something really big and Dumbledore was forcing Snape to do something that Snape really didn't want to. It could just not be as trivial as investigating Malfoy.
When Potter and Dumbledore returned from the cave, Dumbledore repeatedly asked for Severus Snape and no one else. McGongall and Hagrid were equally trustworthy but he insisted on Snape. Think "Why?".
Also note that, throughout the Cave adventure, Dumbledore kept mentioning how his life was no longer important and that it was Harry who needed to live, not him.
Dumbledore didn't want Draco Malfoy to become a killer. In him, he saw a younger S. Snape and he didn't want him to go over to the Dark side. For this reason, he prevented Draco from killing which would - please excuse me for using Star Wars lingo - complete his transition to the Dark side. He also made sure to ask Malfoy whether any one had been killed and engaged him in conversation until the other Death Eaters had arrived.
When Snape came up to the Astronomy tower, he walked up determinedly. When he got near, his face, as it is mentioned, was filled with hatred. Also, Dumbledore said, in a pleading voice, "... Severus... please...". I just cannot believe that Dumbledore would ever beg for mercy for his life because he was simply unafraid of death. "Death is but the next great adventure", he said to Harry in Harry's first year.
Let's review the information in the light that I shed on it. Dumbledore knew about the Vow and he discussed this with Snape. The plan that Dumbledore chalked out included his own death, and Snape, loyal to Dumbledore, quarreled with him at the edge of the forest because he did not want to kill Dumbledore. Whilst in the cave, Dumbledore impresses upon young Potter about how his own life is no longer important. Dumbledore sends only for Snape on arrival at Hogsmeade. Dumbledore makes sure that Malfoy does not try to kill him. And finally, Dumbledore pleads with Snape; however, he pleads not because he wants to save his life, but, in fact, he pleads because he wants Snape to kill him and go along with the plan, which is why Snape's face is filled with hatred - hatred for himself and what he is just about to do.

Of course, I could be totally wrong about all this but then again I do have seven points. However, this view of the whole thing has a certain charm for me since it proves that Dumbledore didn't die in vain.

The Rest of the Book

The beginning of the book is quite hilarious (I think I count the first, umm, three or four chapters in this) and this general funniness prevails throughout most of the book, making it a joy to read, unlike Book 5, which was a pain in the arse for the major part of the first half. It also thankfully doesn't have a chapter on - or even a mention of - Grawp until the end, and Grawp doesn't have a single dialogue. Good going on that count, Rowling! The romantic part of the book has been done much better than last time. There is a lot more "snogging" and comedy than heart-breaks and awkward moments. Speaking of "snogging", Rowling is just totally obsessed with that word. This book also marks the introduction of the word "slut" into a Harry Potter book.

--Skaran

PS:
An eighth point, which I didn't mention to retain the magical number 7, was that Dumbledore put a freezing charm on Harry. Why? I think it was to prevent Harry from interfering with what was about to happen, as Dumbledore knew he was going to die. Harry obviously wouldn't have let Dumbledore get killed if it was in his power to do something about it.
thats makes so much sense! :O
but all this talk is making me crave the 7th book :cry:

exaclty what i said...but in a more refined form....

07-23-2005 07:45 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Alot of you might want to read this while you wait for the new one. It is really good, Sounds just like JK and the story line is real interesting...A bit predictable though.

http://noname.big-blue-fish.com << The PDF File, Its a fan fiction written by some talented writer. It pwnz. :grin:
07-23-2005 07:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
i read the first 100 pages and then got so boored of it that i decided to read the ending parts, and i must say I SUCKS BIG TIME.................i HATE it!!!!!:blah:[Image: chainsaw.gif]:refuck:[Image: plzdie.gif]
07-23-2005 02:25 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: