What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger (New official name for MSN Messenger 8.0)

Pages: (21): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger (New official name for MSN Messenger 8.0)
Author: Message:
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger (New official name for MSN Messenger 8.0)
looks a beast, i gotta say
11-02-2005 02:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Some screenshots posted on Mess.be :

SOURCE : http://www.mess.be

Contact List :
[Image: WLM4.jpg]

[Image: WLM2.jpg]

[Image: WLM3.jpg]

[Image: WLM1.jpg]
11-02-2005 03:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
lol for some reson I liked the concept design better... but thats just me, what do you guys think?
[Image: glennlopez.png]
Click the image above to send me a message on MSN messenger via web browser.
11-02-2005 03:18 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
what do you guys think?

I think this is a "mac ed" version of messenger.. *dodgy..
11-02-2005 03:19 AM
thc2010

37 / Male / –
I think it looks like a cross bread of Yahoo messenger and MSN messenger if you ask me.. and since MSN and Yahoo **i think** are joining hands in the IM road, this would make plenty of sence to why it looks so retardedly ugleh!

I hope people make a skin concept for this version ASAP... cuz im not installing and replacing my 7.5 if it looks that butt ugly. Infact, im waiting till someone makes a skin for it if it looks that horable.

Its like the sun.. you stare at it for too long, your gona go blind, stare at it for a sec, your eyes are gona hurt.. this is what i feal of this **aperantly** new design for msn messenger

seriusly though? what happened MS? did your concept designer die, get fired or replaced? this looks way difrent, wouldnt be suprised if the screenshot was a fake/spoofed with photoshop.

This post was edited on 11-02-2005 at 03:44 AM by thc2010.
11-02-2005 03:40 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
i really  dont like the concept of it at all, GUI looks ugly,
11-02-2005 03:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
i wonder wat yahoo IM its gonna look like, i like the interface they also said its gonna be skinable so may be u can have a moon(S) instead of the sun(#). and its not even beta yet may be the final version will look different.

This post was edited on 11-02-2005 at 05:39 AM by guanako.
[Image: guanako20.png]
11-02-2005 05:34 AM
thc2010

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger (New official name for MSN Messenger 8.0)
quote:
Originally posted by guanako
i wonder wat yahoo IM its gonna look like, i like the interface they also said its gonna be skinable so may be u can have a moon(S) instead of the sun(#). and its not even beta yet may be the final version will look different.

got a good point there, lets hope to msn god that ur right.
11-02-2005 05:42 AM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
thanks, and if you look close you can see that not all of the screenshots are from the same computer screenshot 1 and 3 are from the same pc i would say, because look at the background and also user name,  i dont know about 2 and 4,  number 2 u cant really tell because its only IE (no adress bar), and number 4 is another background and more icons. so who knows wat the final product is gonna look like
[Image: guanako20.png]
11-02-2005 05:49 AM
jordanspringer

jjordann

– / Male / –
A lot of you just revolted to the fact of the name change and arn't really giving this product a chance. Many of you have only heard about the new name calling it stupid or what not, without fully understanding or researching what Microsoft Live is all about, and how its trying to change your computer experience for the good.

Microsoft Windows Live is basically trying to separate MSN from its services (Hotmail/MSN Messenger), and it's content (MSN, MSNBC). It is also trying to combine all of their services together for ease of use. Now you will no longer have to jump back and forth between Hotmail, Messenger, etc... They will all be working basically together.

If you are unfamiliar with corporations and how they do business... well you create a great product, stick with if for some period of time, but as a corporation you're always improving, growing, and expanding. Basically with the launch of the "live"  is possibly bringing on many greater possibilites to these services.

There will even be a Microsoft Office Live which integrates your Messenger and Hotmail together.  With the new Microsoft Live Mail, (hotmail) it is more of a "Outlook" based mail client. When email messages are opened they are opened separate windows, and your inbox will refresh automatically.  The new messenger, Windows Live Messenger, adds many other features and improvments.

Yes it is a HUGE adjustment, everything that is a part of our everyday life will be changing! But hey it had to change for it to be what it is now and we love it. Microsoft knows what they are doing, this should be a big year for the company, with the release of Live, and the release of their most awaited next generation operating system, Vista.

There will be a new website, www.live.com, and this site is actually similar to www.msn.com, but will not be taking over that site. www.live.com is basically your hub to everything live related. You can use many of the Live programs and services. Check it out today, the beta is actually running, and www.live.com is a working site.

So as always and as with everything, out with the old and in with the new, goodbye MSN butterfly, and the cool little MSN Green Buddy guy, in 2006, i'll be chattin with you all on MSL:P

Jordan
[Image: name4ld.png]
11-02-2005 05:50 AM
Pages: (21): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: