What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem

Pages: (10): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
Care to elaborate on your last sentence?

I need more details!!! :P
03-25-2006 04:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Something I noticed related to this:

Sometimes you will get the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" message while the message actually DOES get delivered. I noticed this when I was re-sending a message because I got the warning message. My contact started to complain why I said that line twice.

But on the other hand... MUCH more irritating… Sometimes you DON'T get the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" warning and the message still doesn't get send :s. I had this at least twice, ask segosa :p.

As far as I can tell these errors aren't caused by connection problems on the user's side. At least not every time I encountered them.

It does look like this kind of errors started to occur more since WLM testing started.... I see this kind of errors way more now then I used to see them like a half year ago. This is what Fanta meant too, I think.

This post was edited on 03-25-2006 at 05:07 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-25-2006 05:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TrooPDoG™

TrooPDoG

36 / Other / –
I get this problem to. But only with one contact its really strange.
[Image: logo3.jpg]
03-26-2006 04:10 AM
jewelzsweet

EvilSeph, it has gotten to the point that I cannot carry on a normal conversation with my contacts. It is becomming such an anger inducing thing that I am so tempted to stop using it.

I've re-dl 7.5 twice now since my last post in this thread and still I get the "following message cannot...." Sometimes, it's only twice per a 20 minute convo and sometimes it's EVERY single sentence i try to send. And sometimes it takes literal minutes before i can send again, and it's not a case of me just spamming the same setence, i try to wait 30 seconds before I try again. It is so frustrating.

It's also affecting my friends, but to a much smaller degree. They don't use messenger as much as I do, so that could be it as well. But they are complaining about it to me.

This post was edited on 03-27-2006 at 11:48 PM by jewelzsweet.
03-27-2006 11:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
I've informed the development team of this thread, awaiting a reply :).
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
03-28-2006 12:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Fanta

<fun stuff goes here>

44 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Care to elaborate on your last sentence?

I need more details!!! :P

I used to have severe connection problems, disconnecting from the net all over the place, causing WLM to crash quite a few times.

RebelSean, if EvilSeph is already on this, then why do you come out of nowhere to notify anyone of this thread? Unless I'm much mistaken, he already made a point of collecting this information for the exact same reason.

This post was edited on 03-28-2006 at 12:41 AM by Fanta.
[Image: fantaclub7fz.gif]

03-28-2006 12:38 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fantaloonastic

RebelSean, if EvilSeph is already on this, then why do you come out of nowhere to notify anyone of this thread? Unless I'm much mistaken, he already made a point of collecting this information for the exact same reason.

Because he didn't know which one to report, on top of that there was a request for new problems that had not yet been talked about on the newsgroups thus I told Rob about this.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
03-28-2006 12:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stanace

Hmm.. Posting a late reply but anyways..
I've been having the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:" problem a lot lately on WLM. In fact, after the first message sent, the rest all seem to have that problem. I've looked this up on several sites but I don't see a potential solution anywhere...
Does this have anything to do with the new protocol WLM uses or is it just my router?
08-22-2006 01:40 AM
StrawberrehKisses

Hello. I am having a problem with Windows live Messenger.
When i sign in and i want to talk to someone, it says 'The following message could not be delivered to all recipients' and then shows my message.

It just recently happened and is getting quite annoying. I never really saw it as something That big.. but now it's getting in my way quite often.
09-30-2006 12:46 PM
Snarkninja

Grrrr this stupid problem is so annoying.  First of all I can send drawing messages just not text ones and second it does this to most of my contacts not just yahoo contacts.  I try repairing the program but it doesn't do anything and I try signing in again and nothing is solved.  Anytime I text I get the same message   "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" it looks really similar of a problem to this threads so I don't know whats going on.  It would be nice if there was a fix for this ridiculous problem.
02-26-2007 07:04 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: