What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem

Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
Author: Message:
Superenigmatix

RE: "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" problem
With a fine connection and nothing uploading or downloading I frequently get this problem

First it seems to target one or two contacts. Then everyone sometimes, sometimes not. Right now, I cannot send a single message to a single contact. Most of the time when this happens I can at least send handwritten messages (and I really cant' see the logic in why that works and text doesn't) but now not that either.

This is an old problem, but this is Windows Live Messanger! SORT IT OUT!

EDIT: I should add my freinds and other contacts are beginning to get this problem too.

This post was edited on 03-26-2007 at 08:22 PM by Superenigmatix.
03-26-2007 08:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[B]roken.[Hearts]

Im getting this problem a lot. And even more so the problem that it doesnt tell me my messages wern't deliverd. Im also not recieving peples messages and it doesnt tell them it cant be deliverd.

Sometimes it works ok with some people. Other times it doesnt. It starts with 1 or 2 contacts..and sometimes it fixes itself after a while..or it spreads to most of my contacts (yahoo and msn ones) and no messages get deliverd. Hours later they all come through at once.

Ive experienced no time limit on this (meaning it isnt happening at specific times. just randomly) and have had the problem for at least 3 months. Gradually getting worse.

I have checked my computer for virus's, spywear and everything else. Ive cleaned out my files and cookies. Ive repaired the program and tried re-downloading and installing a few times. Nothing so far as has worked. Ive also tried 3 different internet connections and got the same thing! So it cant be that.

After e-mailing MSN 4 times and getting hardly any help (sick of being told to re-download when that doesnt work!)...i decided to come here for help.

Can someone just conferm that its deffinatly an error on MSN's side? And possibly..if anyone knows..when it will be fixed?

Any help would be appreciated

xx
03-29-2007 12:00 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by [B]roken.[Hearts]
Can someone just conferm that its deffinatly an error on MSN's side? And possibly..if anyone knows..when it will be fixed?

Its not always a problem with Microsoft's Servers. It can also be caused when either your internet drops down or disconnects even  for a second or two. Basically it is caused when a connection between Microsoft's Server and your computer can't be established. No one can tell then when would it be fixed, it just can't be predicted.
03-29-2007 12:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
[B]roken.[Hearts]

Yeh i did think it might be that but ive checked my servers and downloads or anything havent been interupted.

But i got an e-mail from MSN support today saying that they are aware of the problem and trying to fix it ...but they arnt sure what exactly it is
03-29-2007 06:33 PM
pastprecision

I registered an account just for this problem!!
I have had this problem in the past, I downloaded the new MSN Messenger and it got rid of the problem for about a month.

It is now come back to haunt me. Please fix it!
04-13-2007 06:03 AM
CTS_AE

So this just happened to me, i was iMing then soone invited me to play a game with them, after that all seemed to go down hill there.  I was trying to talk to them during the game and just got lots of "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients.", so now here i am it seems to go in and out or in a patterern at times, but i will just be talking and i get that error, could i have gotten some IMing virus? that could explain for the people that would upgrade and it would work some time for them but they would just get it again, this would make sence because you would still be talking to the same people. but i have a good connection so i dont get it
04-27-2007 12:31 AM
[B]roken.[Hearts]

Hmm..im havin an odd problem. Apart from sometimes not delivering messages at all...

its also not delivering certain messages. I can have a conversation perfectly fine.but one or two sentences wont get recieved. But the rest of them do. and no matter how many times i try to resend the message...it just wont get recieved.

does that make sense? i cant find any problem at all with my computer or my msn. as ive said before ive re-downloaded, re-installed, cleaned out temp files and cookies, virus scanned, turned virus walls off ect...

Edit: nevermind..its the .SCR filter that stopped it

This post was edited on 04-28-2007 at 12:33 AM by [B]roken.[Hearts].
04-27-2007 11:58 PM

"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients"...i started to have this problem in January. it's getting so frustrating. I can't have a decent conversation without re-typing my lines several times. It's getting worse, now i can't respond to all my contacts and am using Web Messenger instead...Also, have problem sending drawings...When will Microsoft do something abt it? WLM is like a redundant program in my computer now, otally paralysing my conversation with my frens...I can't reply at all...!!!
05-07-2007 02:04 PM
gatheringstorm

oh man i am having the same problems with this and it only just started recently. i have NEVER had any problem before with it. does anyone have ANY tips at all, this is driving me fucking nuts. 

when you said it was the .scr whatever, broken hearts, could you please elaborate?
05-13-2007 06:03 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gatheringstorm
when you said it was the .scr whatever, broken hearts, could you please elaborate?
Messenger will not send certain texts. This is because of its buildin security/safety filter against possible virusses which includes filenames with a .PIF or .SCR extension for example. So if you have typed a text with those words in it, the text will not be send.

This post was edited on 05-13-2007 at 09:13 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-13-2007 09:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: