What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » The open/closed window notifier feature

Pages: (26): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
The open/closed window notifier feature
Author: Message:
tacos_burritos

RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
Can someone post up the script for the old msn 7.5 on open and close notifiers so me or someone else can modify it to work in Windows Live Messenger please.

I also won't upgrade to WML without this feature, and everything else about it is just so good. And yes I don't care if it isn't reliable, I also can tell when it is being right or not from experience.
07-03-2006 01:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62423 There it is, the script.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
07-03-2006 02:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bradrobbo

RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
Originally posted by tacos_burritos

I also won't upgrade to WML without this feature, and everything else about it is just so good. And yes I don't care if it isn't reliable, I also can tell when it is being right or not from experience.

Liking the last line mate ;) i totalyl agree i can tell most of the time when obth the notifiers are true of what they say

Also ive been wanting to comment ALL OF THE TIME on every single post almost that i've read of yours cookies, but also i skippedl ike 8 pages because im not one to read every single post on a thread, just alot of them :P hehe.... erm but i won't get angry with you as i believe that at first you were saying stuff thats evil to people who don't understand that its not FULYL 100% reliable... okay yes i can see when someone closes the window (in 7.5 it times out exactly at one minute if the other person (your contact) spoke last, otherwise it doesn't time out for me, and so doesn't display the message) - I can simply check my chat log to see if it was a false notification or not.

Now, about the open notifiers (as closed are alot MORe reliable in comparison) ... the open notifiers.... okay so yes  we get it when someone gets ure dp info etc.. but what we do know,, is that when someone does idneed actualyl open your window it DEFINITELY gives you a notification, without fail....

I _NEVER_ get a message from someone without first having the pop-up of a window being opened...  These features are still helpful to m

back to the closed notifier which I like the most, okay so you can see if someoen closes the window because if you say something and it says they cloesd the window, they DID close the window, so thats all good! :) - theres only 2 thigns i know of where it can go wrong, the time out, which ive already explained/talked about, and if you've just finished a video conversation/Multiple activities, where it may show that they closed the window when they infact didmn't (or perhaps did i haven't looked into this part enough)

But anyway, Yes thats great stuff, i just want to see the closed feature in the very near future, with some program other, if inew what to do i would have a go - as i have some knowledge in VB6 - and have compiler :P    KTHNX ;)

And if you're reading this Cookie, it would be great if i could get a reply from you ^_^ ....
07-07-2006 01:55 PM
jinnn

So the reason that the open window notifier is unrealiable is because other events trigger it such as display picture or contact information.

So technically if one was to not have a display picture and also not fill in there contact card information it would work 100 percent of the time? Or is there some other kind of event that triggers it?
07-07-2006 11:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
Originally posted by bradrobbo
And if you're reading this Cookie, it would be great if i could get a reply from you ^_^ ....
I've read the entire post, just as all other posts, but I have nothing more to add than what I and others have already said though.

quote:
Originally posted by bradrobbo
But anyway, Yes thats great stuff, i just want to see the closed feature in the very near future, with some program other, if inew what to do i would have a go - as i have some knowledge in VB6 - and have compiler :P    KTHNX ;)
follow the links given in this and other threads...

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-08-2006 11:05 AM
AmbulanceX

[ rip the jacker ]

34 / Male / –
alright im sick of people debating if it works or not. no it doesnt work properly because of protocol change and its been like that sionce msn 6 or something. i had it for the last msn's released, it was obvious the whole contact has left with convosation didnt worked BUT it was MORE OFTEN CORRECT, than inncorrect about contacts opening a convosations. before you debated about the 50% correctness, thats bullshit, it was at least 70% correct, and when it wasnt correct it wasnt hard to know it was fake. seeming the protocol is still the same as msn7+ you could have the same function still screwed up, but it would be a advantage.

and dont suggest the joke script for it, over it lame..

someone just get what was on msn, and apply it to live, give a warning about correctness and it will be fine. it will shut people up and solve everything. who cares if its not perfect, just create it.

peace.
messanger discovery has this feature covered.. and it works, well for me it does.. its 2:12 am, and noones really online, but it told me my mate opened a convo with me, and he did .. also tells u when they are writing a message. it may only tell u they opening it when they start to type.? i dunno but thats all  thats needed.
Bulimic rainbows vomit what?, Burn Piano Island Burn!
07-08-2006 03:20 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
If you read the thread, you would see its not accurate.-_-
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
07-08-2006 04:14 PM
AmbulanceX

[ rip the jacker ]

34 / Male / –
yeah i read it. i dont care if its not 100%, infact dont care if its not 75%, its piss easy to know when there real or fake. worth it 100%

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by DeLaVega
Why not just change the text from "Users has opened a conversation" to "Connection established with User"
And the "User has closed your window" to "Connection lost with user"
that would indeed be a very good start to begin with because in that way people at least can read (as far people read these days) that it isn't  a "open/close window" thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Jiggs
I'm only saying how having it is better than nothing for at least some users here. so let people do what they want. no one is forcing anyone to use it.
very true, but you aren't the people who can clean up the mess afterwards if they do 'crash' or the people who they start complaining to when it doesn't work.

wrong.... Before you call people sad and stuff, why don't you actually test that event out? Or even simply search the forums about it?

It is exactly posts/comments like this which are the culprint of so much misconceptions about "notifiers".

That event is only triggered when you have recieved the first message of a new chat. Hence: "started a new chat". It isn't called: "Opened a new window". Read what it states, not what you want it to be...

contact opens a new window with you => event not triggerd
contact starts typing in that new window => event still not triggered
contact presses enter and the message gets send => event not triggerd
message gots deliverd to your messenger => no event triggerd...
your messenger opens/shows a new window => yawn.... no event triggered...
your messenger prints out the message in the what window => aye caramba, it is triggerd!

in short: people quite often jump too quickly to conclussions and claim to know how things work... sorry... but BLAH

ahh ha ha thats got to hurt. that was funny, u must love shutting down people. anyway, dang i thought it did that. does messanger discovery do that or something different?
Bulimic rainbows vomit what?, Burn Piano Island Burn!
07-08-2006 04:19 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
yeah i read it. i dont care if its not 100%, infact dont care if its not 75%, its piss easy to know when there real or fake. worth it 100%
Reread all those threads about this issue. Please don't start again this whole discussion with a post which is exactly a copy of many other posts in this thread. You may believe what you want of course, but do not force us to again repeat everything which has been said in reply to such posts as yours.

quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
ahh ha ha thats got to hurt. that was funny, u must love shutting down people. anyway, dang i thought it did that. does messanger discovery do that or something different?
Please (re)read that post you quoted, that was about something different than the open/closed window notifiers.

And I never enjoy "shutting people down", although as you can read yourself in this waaaaaaaaay to long thread, extremely many posts are exactly the same. This whole thread can probably be trimmed down to a handfull of unique posts. There comes a time when people are fed up with needing to type everything over and over again and explaining everything again, just because some other people refuse to read something.

This post was edited on 07-08-2006 at 04:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-08-2006 04:26 PM
jinnn

ok i've been using the window open notifier without my display picture on for awhile and so far there havent' been any fake results.. my other post got no reply so i'll try again, what other events trigger the notifier other than others dling ur display picture
07-10-2006 12:36 AM
Pages: (26): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 15 16 17 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: