What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » The open/closed window notifier feature

Pages: (26): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
The open/closed window notifier feature
Author: Message:
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
why so unfriendly?!
let someone else decide if they will make it or not. in silence. until they decide to release it or want to talk constructively about it.
it works well enough. "period". as said by many here.

even CookieRevised sees the use that some want out of it now.

now, can we stop arguing about how well it works etc?
Just let the topic die if no one wants to make it, or if someone has a brain wave or decides to make it with its current level of unreliability (which many are OK with) then add constructive help.
06-27-2006 02:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djnerve

!-STE06-!

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature

quote:
Read my reply to al2002.

If you really want something that doesnt work, make it yourself. Im sure if you research and learn about Messenger, you could make it yourself.

I already started making it if you looked. no fcuk off and leave us to play. if u think u have the brains use them sumwere else

This post was edited on 06-27-2006 at 02:18 PM by djnerve.
06-27-2006 02:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
al2002

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
Originally posted by djnerve

quote:
Read my reply to al2002.

If you really want something that doesnt work, make it yourself. Im sure if you research and learn about Messenger, you could make it yourself.

I already started making it if you looked. no fcuk off and leave us to play. if u think u have the brains use them sumwere else

I agree. If they're so sure it doesn't work, then why keep reading the thread?
06-27-2006 02:20 PM
bigb88

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 / Male / Flag
damn all u ppl are still goin on about this lol
[Image: Untitled333.jpg]
06-27-2006 02:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
djnerve

!-STE06-!

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
quote:
Originally posted by bigb88
damn all u ppl are still goin on about this lol

yes and ur post is :spam:
06-27-2006 02:31 PM
al2002

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: The open/closed window notifier feature
Lol yeah, what on earth have I started ;)
06-27-2006 02:32 PM
bigb88

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 / Male / Flag
lol - everyone makin a big deal outta this - should of just closed da thread - MLP has this new chat thing - for when someone clicks ya name and starts typin use that lol just will not know when they close da convo - like damn ppl fightin over a ? - pretty damn sad

[Image: 15xlphz.jpg]
[Image: Untitled333.jpg]
06-27-2006 02:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DeLaVega

36 / Male / Flag
Why not just change the text from "Users has opened a conversation" to "Connection established with User"
And the "User has closed your window" to "Connection lost with user"
[Image: DeLaVega.png]
06-27-2006 02:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jiggs
if you are in an aeroplane, and it tells you you're too close to the ground, but you know it gives that message if ur too close to ground, but also if a rain cloud is under you and you cant see, do you pull up anyway? yes. cos its possible it is you being too close to the ground. if its you close to a cloud, doesn't matter
actually that's very interesting... Behaviour studies would tell you black on white that the pilot wil in fact start ignoring the messages in the long last and eventually will crash!

And because of that, no pilot would even want such a system in his airplane at all (even if some of those messages where legit) because it is not accurate. And if something isn't accurate it isn't working.

Anyways, to build further on that: the 'dumb' pilots will constantly complain that the system doesn't work and come to a forum each time and again to complain about it. Resulting in annoying helpers on those forums because they need to explain again and again why it doesn't work, while some technicians who implemented the system thought it would be "better than nothing", but technicians aren't the average people...

AKA: make whatever you want, but people on support forums who also know how such things works are very annoyed by the fact that the makers of those things don't explain the precautions, limits, etc. It's the helpers on forums that get to clean up the mess, again and again.

quote:
even CookieRevised sees the use that some want out of it now.
I always saw a "use" for it, but that use was not to notify me for "open/closed windows"... and let thazt just be the name people give to these things.... So in other words... no

quote:
Just let the topic die if no one wants to make it, or if someone has a brain wave or decides to make it with its current level of unreliability (which many are OK with) then add constructive help.
May I also note that such notifiers don't work since some years now! And nobody, not a single developper, has ever created a notifier since then simply because they do not work and are useless. I don't see why all of a sudden they will be created now....

But if people so desperatly want something which doesn't work, they should reasearch it and create it themselfs (and see why it doesn't work), because as said: no right minded developper would make it (welll... that is, unless they want to proof me wrong for the sake of it :p)

This post was edited on 06-27-2006 at 03:05 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-27-2006 02:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
OK, then lets say you know it doesn't work, its ur aeroplane, ur poor, and its all u can afford and u pull up every time, cos the one time u didn't u crashed and lost all ur limbs?

no need to take things so literally!!!! I'm only saying how having it is better than nothing for at least some users here. so let people do what they want. no one is forcing anyone to use it.
please!!!!!!! can we all stop arguing about how it does and doesn't work and just let the topic be about making it, or let it die.
06-27-2006 02:59 PM
Pages: (26): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: