What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your Views: Abortion

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Your Views: Abortion
Author: Message:
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
RE: Your Views: Abortion
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
No it's not, you are killing something because it may slightly effect your life, despite it probably will bring you happiness ...

Yeah, because you'd love to bring up an unwanted kid, huh? It would make you so happy to have a constant reminder of being raped, wouldn't it? Think about it, if you don't want a child, it's hardly going to bring you happiness, since you won't want to be bothered with it... Maybe for some people, it will change their lives for the positive, but for a lot, it won't.

And think, you get raped... That's hardly something you're going to want to remember for the rest of your life. How are you going to tell your child who their daddy was? Sure, when the kid is younger it's alright, you can simply say that their daddy had to go some place else, but when they get older, what if that child wants to find it's dad? How much would it hurt to tell the child they were born out of a raping? And like I said, you won't want the constant reminder there...

I hate abortion being used as a contraceptive tbh. If you don't want a child, and you don't use protection, it's your own fault that you end up with a child, unwanted or not. People shouldn't use abortion because they couldn't be bothered to actually say to whoever they're doing it with that they need some sort of contraceptive. That person *should* have the child, and shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion.

For me, abortion is only right if the child would have a worse life when it's born, and for raping. It's like, if your child has a disease or whatever, abortion can be used their, to stop it suffering when it's born. And I've already said about raping. Bah.

The only time I would have an abortion is if it would stop that child from suffering when it's older through a disease or whatever, or if I was raped.

With rape... People can say "oh, you can give up the child", well, think how you'd feel if you'd still had that child, and knew, out there somewhere, born from something you want to forget, is your own child. You wouldn't be able to forget it at all.

Well anyway, I'm sure their's been a thread on here about this before. :P

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Abortion is right, people have the right to choose if they want a child or not. Life begins at birth & not before. Abortion isn't evil nor is contraception.

Does the child chose though? Imagine if you were that child, that's your only life gone.

Eh... You wouldn't know, because at that stage, it can't think or feel or anything... So it's not like it would know it's life was gone... :/

I may sound a bit evil in some parts of this, but it's just my view. :P
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
07-22-2006 05:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Your Views: Abortion
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Eh... You wouldn't know, because at that stage, it can't think or feel or anything... So it's not like it would know it's life was gone... :/

I'm telling him to imagine, if he was suddenly gone, and everything he ever done in life, he never done :P.
07-22-2006 05:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:
quote:

I'm telling him to imagine, if he was suddenly gone, and everything he ever done in life, he never done :P.
But he's not a baby developing in a womb, so what point does that make? At that point, a baby hasn't actually done anything, so it's not the same...
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
07-22-2006 05:04 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Your Views: Abortion
quote:
But he's not a baby developing in a womb, so what point does that make? At that point, a baby hasn't actually done anything, so it's not the same...

But the baby could of done things, have his own family, save the world from poverty lol :P.
07-22-2006 05:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
actually people only experience happiness when they get married, then when their kid leaves home, so i dont think that the kid would bring lots of happyness (i'm talking in general, i've heard it on radio "science of happyness")
07-22-2006 05:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:
quote:

But the baby could of done things, have his own family, save the world from poverty lol :P.

If it's not born, it won't do those things, therefore you won't have a clue if it could have done those things, therefore it doesn't change a thing whether it was aborted or not.

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 05:10 PM by Tasha.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
07-22-2006 05:09 PM
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
maybe he will turn out to be a terrorist, so u cant give that argument.
07-22-2006 05:28 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I say yes if the pregnancy is due to sex you didn't consent to. At that point, the baby has no memories, no feelings, and doesn't know you, so there's no point in you caring for it if you can't have it.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
07-22-2006 06:01 PM
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
Abortion is wrong no matter how you look at it, but that said, a woman who had been raped will forever be reminded how that baby was conceived and would find it hard (in some cases) to ever really love the child. And sometimes have a resentment. Always looking at the child and being reminded, so despite it still being wrong, I think this is the one and only real reason I feel that abortion being allowed.

I think stupid teens who think they are old enough to have sex, shouldn't be allowed t have em, because if they think they are old enought o have sex, then they should grow up and take responsability for there actions and look after the child. (as sorry as I would feel for the child having stupid idiot immature parents)
07-22-2006 06:25 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
i say yes, its the women's choice so who are we to say "oh no sorry you're just going to have to carry that thing around and look after it for the next 18 years".

I dont see how its wrong... its wrong to put a women through that if she doesnt want it.

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 06:28 PM by -dt-.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
07-22-2006 06:27 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: