What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Working on the next version

Pages: (12): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Working on the next version
Author: Message:
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Working on the next version
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
Patchou: Just thought of another feature 'd like to see in MP!L

• I'd lke to  see an improved contact export feature to the one offered by WLM

Currently WLM only exports the contacts IM address. What i'd like to see is for the export to also export the groups which the contacts are in and, if possible, the contacts custom name as well.

Im not sure if this is possible at all but i hope that if it is you'll consider this functionality for 4.50 (or future versions).
~Salem(@)
What you demand are already limitations of MP!L. I mean, MP!L can't read contacts' groups and custom names for the time being due to WLM's API. So I don't think it will be possible unless WLM team change their coding.

Yeh i thought that it may not be fully possible do to the APIs (as with MP!L not being able to read the WLM nicknames), but as i wasn't sure i thought i'd suggest it anyway.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
08-31-2007 08:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Working on the next version
Awesome, looking forward to the new release sometime in the next few months ^__^! It's been pretty damn hot here in Canada for a while, so I don't blame you for staying inside haha.

Anyways, I have a few requests for the next Messenger Plus version:

Desktop Contacts are a great feature I have enjoyed since they were introduced. But not to much has been done or improved with them unfortunately. So I have a few requests for features I would enjoy having:
  • The ability to drag a contact from the contact list onto the desktop and it creates a desktop contact.
  • Have fully transparent desktop contacts. So there is no border, and no background. Only the little messenger buddy and the name are visible. And upon hover, a small | (line) could show up on the far left and right where the bounding box ends so people know where to click to stretch the contact if needed.
  • The ability to customize the entire desktop contact with an image set as the background, or the entire thing a custom image.
  • A snap and drag feature would be nice. The contacts already snap to each other and the desktop sides, but maybe once that is done, holding in shift and dragging just one, would drag any that are snapped to it? That'd be awesome.
  • In the right click menu of the desktop contact a "Send E-mail" would be a nice addition.
  • Another great addition to the right click menu would be quick access to transparency, border color, and background color. Have a few set colors, and then a "More..." option where it would pop up with a color picker. This would be better than going into display settings all the time.
  • An option to "attach" the desktop contact to the taskbar would be amazing! What I mean by this is having just the buddy icon and the name down in the taskbar where programs are and such.

As you can see, I have lots of ideas for the desktop contacts, but I have some random ideas for other stuff also:

• A dashboard icon editor. The ability to reorder the icons, remove some (but beable to bring them back later), and mayeb even add icons that will launch programs/web links off your computer.
  • I know stuffplug has this, but maybe being able to choose the default browser instead of always using IE would be nice. I know you said you wouldn't copy features directly, but I just thought I'd toss this out there cause maybe you could make it better? The stuffplug one shows a loading screen in the browser instead of the page right away.
  • One thing that keeps me from using colored names is that my contacts WITHOUT plus see the bbcode. Is it possible to ping contacts, find out if they have plus, and if the ping returns false, strip the bbcode from my name? That'd be great :).

Thats all I can think of for now :). If anything gets added, that'd be awesome. Good luck with the new version of Plus! (Y)
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
09-01-2007 09:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Xaps

I have some requests too. I find them useful, but some of them can be very hard to achieve... But here they are:

1 - The ability of removing the message that warns your contact that you have a webcam...

2 - Bigger display pictures (max 250px X 250px or 300px x 300px) or

2.1 - The ability of showing animated gifs on the display picture (considering that we can't do flash contents)

3 - Put an option to block the "nudge" feature or just put a user-custom message to show that your contact wants attention (someting like "(contact) is trying to get your attention" or "(contact) is annoying you" ).

4 - The ability of using my default browser instead of IE (everytime I have to copy and paste the link on Mozilla Firefox)

5 - It would be nice to put a confirmation code when sending links. There are too many MSN Worms that are spreading very easily, sending automatic messages with a link containing a worm

6 - The ability of showing diferent nicknames to different contacts (or groups)

7 - Finding a way to restrict very sudden "online/appear offline" changes (like putting a 15 second wait to go online again). It would help to prevent the "Status Bombing" (when a person changes it state from online to offline and back to online again,  making the alert window show up and disturbing people)

8 - Custom sidetabs (it would be cool to have google.com on my sidetabs)

9 - Bigger emoticons (100 px X 100 px)

10 - Can you people develop a new file transfer method? WLM's method is sooo slow compared to ICQ and Skype's method (ICQ even resumes broken downloads and it uses a nice part of my internet band. I can get a file of 30MB in 10-15 minutes on ICQ against almost 30 minutes on WLM).

I think that's all... I'll let you know if more ideas show up...
09-02-2007 01:27 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
The ability to drag a contact from the contact list onto the desktop and it creates a desktop contact.
That was already suggested, and Patchou said it would be hard to not have it interfere with WLM's drag and drop from one group to another.
quote:
A snap and drag feature would be nice. The contacts already snap to each other and the desktop sides, but maybe once that is done, holding in shift and dragging just one, would drag any that are snapped to it? That'd be awesome.
That would be a nice way to implement it.
quote:
One thing that keeps me from using colored names is that my contacts WITHOUT plus see the bbcode. Is it possible to ping contacts, find out if they have plus, and if the ping returns false, strip the bbcode from my name? That'd be great
That would mean spamming each one of your contacts with ping, and they'll not like that a lot. I'm sure that won't be implemented.
quote:
Originally posted by Xaps
Bigger display pictures (max 250px X 250px or 300px x 300px)
The idea is already present elsewhere (stuffplug), Patchou won't use it.
quote:
The ability of showing animated gifs on the display picture (considering that we can't do flash contents)

They won't show to anybody not using Plus!, so I doubt that'll be implemented.
quote:
The ability of using my default browser instead of IE (everytime I have to copy and paste the link on Mozilla Firefox)
quote:
Bigger emoticons (100 px X 100 px)
quote:
Can you people develop a new file transfer method? WLM's method is sooo slow compared to ICQ and Skype's method (ICQ even resumes broken downloads and it uses a nice part of my internet band. I can get a file of 30MB in 10-15 minutes on ICQ against almost 30 minutes on WLM).
You could always use File Transfer Plus.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-02-2007 03:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
One thing that keeps me from using colored names is that my contacts WITHOUT plus see the bbcode. Is it possible to ping contacts, find out if they have plus, and if the ping returns false, strip the bbcode from my name? That'd be great .
quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
That would mean spamming each one of your contacts with ping, and they'll not like that a lot. I'm sure that won't be implemented
If Pong response is taken, it means that your contact has Messenger Plus!, but if Pong response isn't taken, it DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOUR CONTACT DOESN'T HAVE MESSENGER PLUS! Therefore, if you want colorful nicknames, just use it. Don't worry about your contacts. (You can always recommend them Messenger Plus! :) )
quote:
1 - The ability of removing the message that warns your contact that you have a webcam...
Already possible in Windows Live Messenger options.:S
quote:
3 - Put an option to block the "nudge" feature or just put a user-custom message to show that your contact wants attention (someting like "(contact) is trying to get your attention" or "(contact) is annoying you" ).
I didn't understand how Plus! will make the difference between annoyance and getting attention but you can disable nudges in Windows Live Messenger's options.
quote:
6 - The ability of showing diferent nicknames to different contacts (or groups)
Not possible! :(
09-02-2007 06:53 AM
jacky2

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:

Bigger display pictures (max 250px X 250px or 300px x 300px)

It is NO LONGER present on stuffplug since version 3, and they said they won't put it back.
That's because display pictures get resized on the receiving end as well, so everyone who wanted to see the larger picture would need StuffPlug installed and very few people had it.
But Plus! is far more popular than Stuffplug...so we wouldn't have that problem as almost everyone would see the bigger pictures.
Patchou please add this feature! It would be just amazing.

This post was edited on 09-02-2007 at 11:20 AM by jacky2.
09-02-2007 11:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bram

here I am

37 / Male / Flag
Hi

Here a suggestion from a friend:

If I start a groupchat and add friends to this conversation and you add some more and people are starting to be annoying, then I can right click on their avatar and choose Remove from this converation and then the group conversation windows closes for that user.

This post was edited on 09-02-2007 at 08:13 PM by Bram.
09-02-2007 08:04 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jacky2
It is NO LONGER present on stuffplug since version 3, and they said they won't put it back.
That's because display pictures get resized on the receiving end as well, so everyone who wanted to see the larger picture would need StuffPlug installed and very few people had it.
But Plus! is far more popular than Stuffplug...so we wouldn't have that problem as almost everyone would see the bigger pictures.
Patchou please add this feature! It would be just amazing.
The fact remains that a member of this community (though that's not what matters) has already used that idea in the past. Patchou won't use it. You also have to understand that just because most of your contacts have Messenger Plus! Live, that doesn't mean most of everyone else's contacts do. Yes, stuffplug is/was less popular than Plus!, but that doesn't mean that "almost everyone" would see them. So no, I really doubt that will be implemented.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-03-2007 12:16 AM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Don't over-do-it.

While I'm hoping you'll release soon I rather have many more new versions of MPL instead of a huge one and a stressed or burnt out Patchy ;)

Besides, if you need some chilling time just head down here to Brazil you can code on my laptop watching beautiful people go around in the beach!

Good luck coding!

[Image: signature-user=31&back=4&clr=106,141,166&size=100.png]
09-03-2007 12:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lysp

Few things i can think of:

1 - Ability to save logs in ansi and not unicode.
I know people need i18n functionality, but i don't and i don't like my files to be 2-3 times the size when i don't have any international contacts.

2 - Raw event for scripting
Ability to send/parse/recieve raw events in the scripting. This allows scripts to get a lot lower into protocol level.

Simple example. If i want all messages coming through to change a contacts name to their email - i can by doing a string replace on the incoming event. Also means i dont need to worry about hooking/data capture dll's.

This post was edited on 09-03-2007 at 07:01 AM by lysp.
09-03-2007 07:00 AM
Pages: (12): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: