What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How do I prevent Plus! Network from changing my search engine in FireFox?

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
1 votes - 3 average   How do I prevent Plus! Network from changing my search engine in FireFox?
Author: Message:
QueenArachnia

Former happy user of Messengerplus!

44 / Female / Flag
RE: How do I prevent Plus! Network from changing my search engine in FireFox?
There is DEFINITELY something wrong with this thing.

I too had the issue that the sponsor was highjacking my homepage and drop-down search bar. So I figured I'd uninstall and reinstall Messengerplus! carefully make absolutely sure that I hadnt installed the sponsor. I uninstalled everything.

So then I reinstalled it and the sponsor did not re-appear on my browser. Until I decided to use Internet Explorer (I use it very rarely for the odd site that appears better on it) one day and there it was, my home page and drop-down search bar now the sponsor.

So I uninstalled the whole lot last night, every thing and said never again will I install Messengerplus even though Ive been using it for years. (as you can see I joined in 03)

Just this morning, even with Messengerplus! OUT of my MSN, guess what magically appeared in my drop-down search box!

Your sponsor.

This post was edited on 02-04-2012 at 04:43 PM by QueenArachnia.
02-04-2012 04:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
As has been explained in this thread, uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger Plus! has nothing to do with the "sponsor".    Did you follow the instruction for removing the toolbar and Plus! Network here?     

http://pages.msgplus.net/toolbar/faq.html

Scroll down to How do I remove the Messenger Plus! Community Smartbar customized Web Search?
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

02-05-2012 09:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
QueenArachnia

44 / Female / Flag
Yes I sure did, and oddly it kept re-appearing and when I went to remove it from there again, it did not show up. I wish I was joking.
02-08-2012 03:37 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
It is apparent there is a serious issue. The installer should be revamped and hell while you're at it. Make it an offline installer!

I sincerely apologize for my earlier comments because if a couple people experienced the issue you could chalk it up to not reading the installer but when this many people are having an issue you need to sit back and really reevaluate your presumptuous comments.

This post was edited on 02-08-2012 at 05:56 PM by matty.
02-08-2012 05:54 PM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
@Matty

Hi! Offline installers are being planned for both Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! for Skype.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

02-08-2012 07:07 PM
QueenArachnia

44 / Female / Flag
Oh hey there guys. I just had my firefox updated before starting it up, and guess what is there. Plus! Network. And the smart bar doesnt appear in my list of programs. I no longer have Messenger plus! Installed. Ill try getting rid of it by reinstalling it. *sigh*
02-12-2012 02:16 AM
thisguy

I just registered to say that I am also having this issue and I just downloaded this program like last week.  What a mistake. It takes over ALL browsers not just Firefox but including Chrome also.

This post was edited on 08-16-2012 at 08:36 AM by thisguy.
08-16-2012 08:35 AM
Penguinne

I just registered to say that I previously installed Messenger Plus! on my computer, but was unhappy to see the SmartBar and the search engine installed even though I very distinctly remember unchecking the boxes for both. Not only this, but last night I completely redid my computer (got a new hard drive so I installed Windows from scratch) and even though I have not yet gone through the process of installing all my old programs (I have not downloaded Plus! or even any of Live's programs yet), whenever I open google chrome, my default page is "http://www.plusnetwork.com/?sp=hp&t=a0806". I'm confused and wondering how this got onto my computer already, when I haven't even downloaded anything Plus! related since I redid my computer?
08-18-2012 07:23 PM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Penguinne
I just registered to say that I previously installed Messenger Plus! on my computer, but was unhappy to see the SmartBar and the search engine installed even though I very distinctly remember unchecking the boxes for both. Not only this, but last night I completely redid my computer (got a new hard drive so I installed Windows from scratch) and even though I have not yet gone through the process of installing all my old programs (I have not downloaded Plus! or even any of Live's programs yet), whenever I open google chrome, my default page is "http://www.plusnetwork.com/?sp=hp&t=a0806". I'm confused and wondering how this got onto my computer already, when I haven't even downloaded anything Plus! related since I redid my computer?
Did you log into Google Chrome?
Because it will sync your settings...
[signature.jpg]
08-18-2012 08:51 PM
dannylovyork

I definately didn't install the sponsor software. No doubt about that.

Anyway, uinstalled then reinstalled, as advised. Nup. Just did an address bar search, and it was plus network. Good stuff
09-02-2012 10:47 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: