What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!!

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
1 votes - 3 average   Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!!
Author: Message:
Misterjad

37 / Male / –
msn messenger 5.0 is out but not windows messenger !
see :http://messenger.msn.fr/support/features.asp

so maybe we have to wait until his coming, i don't know
10-25-2002 08:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
I have emiled my m$ uncle see if he has any info or can get any.
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-25-2002 08:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
2Cold_Scorpio

40 / – / –
When installing Windows Messenger 5, I somehow managed to keep it from updating Windows Messenger 4.7, meaning I have both functioning on my system just fine.  The Plus menu and several of the options are disabled in 5, but I found several that still work.  And since I still have 4.7, you can still edit Plus options. 

THis stuff still works:

-chat logging (it appears to work anyways)
-the emoticons popup box when typing a '(' stil lappears
-chat windows still have transparency; main MSN window does not

A lot of stuff I haven't tested yet or found workarounds for 'em.  The auto-away messages  DOES NOT work.  Thats about the only other feature I've tested yet.  I think Quick Text works, but that was never a feature I used much. 

By the way, for those who wan to keep Windows Messenger 4 when isntalling 5, do this (note:  I dont know if 5 always installs seperately, of if I just managed ot do it myself).

When Messenger asks you to update to Messenger 5, go to More Info. page so yo ucan get to where Messenger 5 is (when I did this, there was a page for both the old Messenger and the new one!).  After yo uget ot the Messenger 5 site, go to the Downlaod page, download Messenger 5 installer (I saved it to the harddrive...running it from the Net didnt work).  After you saved it ot the harddrive, completely close Outlook, Outlook Express, IE, and everything else yo uhave to so you can COMPLETELY close Messenger (right-click the icon in the task menu and go to Exit).  After Messenger is completely closed, run the installer.  When its finished, Messenger 5 will load...but you still have Messenger 4!  Dont believe me?  Make a shortcut to Messenger before you do all this...my old shortcut runs Messenger 4, the icon in IE runs Messenger 5.  You might want to go into Messenger 4 and turn off "Start when Windows starts" and "Auto-login".  SImply turn those options on in Messenger 5.  THis will make 5 the default, but you'd still have version 4 availible.   :grin:
10-25-2002 11:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jpg050

41 / Male / Flag
Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger are different things, (although they do the same things) So in XP you can have Windows Messenger 4.7 (no v5.0 for this yet) and MSN Messenger 5... nice
10-25-2002 12:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Yep, that's what I did too.

Concerning the API, it is distributed with Messenger 5, but the documentation for it is not on Microsoft Web Site. Also, I've found out that some part of the API are disabled by default in Windows XP... I suppose this is because Windows Messenger 5 hasn't been released yet.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-25-2002 01:07 PM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
So,,,,, do you think MP2 will still be possable flowwing the release of windows messenger 5?
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-25-2002 01:29 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Well, as I previously said, if I don't find a way to use the API of Messenger 5, MP2 will stay on my hard drive for ever. Next week, if there is still no good news, I will release a fix for Messenger Plus! 1.42 so that it completly works in Messenger 5. I didn't want to do it but if Microsoft forces me, I have no other choice.
10-25-2002 02:10 PM
octopussy

wants some help ?
Hi Patchou  :rolleyes:

I'm a developper, and had personaly developed some code with msn API (4.7).
So if u want to discuss with me of how to solve some of your features to work with 5.0, just msn me (octopussyme@hotmail.com)
Any help I can bring to u, I'll do it with a geat pleasure ;-)
I have also all MSDN access in my company...
Just tell me!
I use MS Studio .Net (VC ++ 7.0)

Regards
Octopussy
10-25-2002 02:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Thank you, I'll contact you asap.

For those of you who are wondering what would be thrown away if MP2 was to die, here is a quick list of things that I already coded and that was working very fine (just celebrating one month of full time work on this new version).

* Boss Protection that changes your icon, hides your windows and provide a lot more options
* Global improvement of everything, such as Text Recall, Quick Icons, etc...
* Event Viewer (as see in a previosu post)
* Contact Manager. This allows you to quickly remove the contact you never see or talk to from your contact list
* Lots of IRC like commands... currently about 20
* Quick Texts improvements such as aliases and parameters
* POP mail checker
* Multi user support
* Station Lock
* Association of sounds for contacts going online
* Working on multi color/format texts, like in IRC
* .... do I have to continue? .... I'm kinda frustrated  :undecided:

My only hope is now in the hands of Microsoft.

Patchou.
10-25-2002 04:25 PM
drumbum

ok...... :undecided:

so, what should i do? i have both messengers (windows 4.7+msn 5.0) does any one have any idea for when the new windows 5.0 comes out? cuz XP wont let me uninstall win. mess. 4.7, which i would want to do and keep msn, cuz there is a 5.0 for that. btw...why did microsoft have to go and screw things up again?! why couldnt they release msn and windows mess. 5 at the same time? would make things a world easier if you ask me :grin:
10-25-2002 07:05 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: