What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!!

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
1 votes - 3 average   Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!!
Author: Message:
Albux

– / Male / –
That's the truth: Windows Messenger hasn't been released
Hello everybody!! I have found this message in the newsgroup of microsoft. I hope this helps you!!

Greetings Danil,

There isn't a Windows Messenger 5.0 yet (as in, it isn't going to be released in the next
week) but there may be one (should be) in the future.

MSN Messenger 5 is designed to install on XP -- but only as another seperate application, it
does not replace Windows Messenger.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com

"Danil Premgi" <premgi99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:f5ff01c27d46$bbdb4f50$3aef2ecf@TKMSFTNGXA09...
> Hi!
>
> Basically i've checked some of the posts they all talk
> about the MSN instllation over Win Messenger but my
> questions is when shall there be a Windows Messenger 5.0?
>
> Is MS going to be releasing one or do XP users have stay
> with v4.7.105?
>
> I've seen MSN 5.0 all my friends are using that because
> all of them are on W2K apart from me i've used it and i
> advertise and tell people to try if but my self i'm out
> of date (me getting a bit jealous now....LOL)
10-27-2002 12:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SystemDown

38 / – / –
I have installed :huh: WinME :huh: a hour ago and now the API works fine. But I can't find a way to change the FriendlyName:(:( Is it possible?

I also think the WinXP fix will come soon. Or Windows Messenger 5.0...

Rene
10-27-2002 12:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
quote:
It has get status/signin name etc. The ones it is lacking from Messenger are set friendly name, who is not on your contact list, and a few others.
10-27-2002 01:13 PM
SystemDown

38 / – / –
Hmm I can't understand that quote  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:  I'm not very good at englisch you see  :lipsrsealed:

Rene
10-27-2002 01:31 PM
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by SystemDown
But I can't find a way to change the FriendlyName:(:( Is it possible?
No, not using that API.
10-27-2002 01:38 PM
SystemDown

38 / – / –
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
10-27-2002 01:39 PM
SystemDown

38 / – / –
Yesssssssss I'm also very very happy with that! It is great news!! But  I don't like that I can't make NCK, my nickname changer, working on msn 5.0 :angry:

Rene
10-27-2002 01:50 PM
SystemDown

38 / – / –
Hmm I think Microsoft haven't made the possibility to change the Friendlyname because it uses much server traffic... So I think it won't be in a next MSN version..

I think I know a solution. I have no time to make it now, but it is as follows:
We can open the option dialog. Maybe by using the buildin api, otherwise by simulating a click in the "Extra" menu. Than we can set the new nick in the textbox. And then simulate a click on the OK button... It supposed to work!

I shall try this next week. If someone have made something to change the friendlyname, contact me.

Rene
10-27-2002 02:17 PM
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
Good idea on how to change the name, lots of things would need looking into (what if they already have the dialog open etc.) but it will almost certainly work.

A possible idea would be to write "MSN API Plus!", giving a single unified API to MSN that works on all platforms/MSN versions properly, using available API's if possible and hooks/hacks where not. Also the existing MSN API sucks, lots of things are dubious at best (signin/signout is beyond broken), so I would like it.
10-27-2002 02:56 PM
SystemDown

38 / – / –
Hm..about changing the name. If have looked for it, but I found a problem. I can execute the Options dialog and point it to the General tab with:
code:
msn.OptionsPages 0, MOPT_GENERAL_PAGE

This works fine. But the problem is that I don't get the handle of the opened window. The return value gives some other info:
Return Value

Returns one of the following values:
S_OK Success.
E_FAIL Could not create the Options dialog box or the Messenger object has not been created or is not responding.
S_FALSE The Options dialog box is already open. The second call will change the mOptionPage value (Option tab) in the foreground if the value is different.(..)
MSGR_E_AUDIO_UI_ACTIVE Called this method while the Media Wizard dialog box was enabled and visible.
MSGR_E_CONTACT_UI_ACTIVE The Add a Contact or Find a Contact dialog box of the Messenger client (modal dialog box) is currently open.
MSGR_E_LOGON_UI_ACTIVE The Sign in dialog box of the Messenger client (modal dialog box) is currently open.

We can use that return value, but now we don't know the handle. I can find the Handle by searching for the option dialog. The parent of the window is the desktop. The class name is "#32770 (Dialog)" Is this standart for a dialog in windows or typically for MSN? If it is standart we have to use the window caption to get the handle of the option dialog. This would be a big problem cause every msn language has an other caption. Mine is "Option" cause I use the dutch version. In that case we have to include the caption for every different language... The click-simulation shall not cause any trouble I think.

I like the idea for making a "MSN API Plus!" but I have not much time to work on it. But if someone make it is very great and helpful for everyone.

Rene
10-27-2002 03:54 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: