What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!!

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
1 votes - 3 average   Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!!
Author: Message:
Dreamingweb

Raw Code for MSN 5?
Surely, sniffing the raw commands for msn msgr 5 would solve SOME of your problems? :huh:
10-26-2002 05:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Ginge, all the APIs are still there but have been removed and protected somehow.

What is the API you're talking about which still works in Messenger 5? I would be very interested in that... I'm not asking for more that getSttus, getSigninName, and all that kinf of stupid functions! ;)

Thx,
Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-26-2002 05:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
MessengerAPI, as found in msmsg.exe\3, still works. Messenger, as found in msmsg.exe, doesn't.

I haven't actually got MSN 5, so I can't confirm it, but someone tested it for me, and the program was able to create the first object but not the second.

To confirm if this API is available on your copy of MSN (5.0 or whatever) simply download Msg++ 0.1 (http://www.nmitchell.co.uk/programs/msg++/) and run it, if it doesn't crash straight away then it works.

If this is the case when someone installs 5.0 directly, instead of upgrading, or uses MSN 8.0, or uses XP, or whatever, I don't know, but it works on at least one copy of 5.0.

It has get status/signin name etc. The ones it is lacking from Messenger are set signin name, who is not on your contact list, and a few others.
10-26-2002 05:53 PM
timothy

39 / Male / –
Sollution
I hope this will work, Look on www.mess.be for my article (main news) it will explain everything about the new MSN 5 API
10-26-2002 09:05 PM
Jizah

40 / – / –
well that really sucks...
10-27-2002 01:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Ginge, you know what..............

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's so great!!!!!!! ok, now have to understand how tho use this API. My god that's so great :). The only problem I've found so far is that it does not work in WinXP... however I'm pretty sure that the trick explained on mess.be will do the job for it. In any case, I'm pretty sure Microsoft will release Windows Messenger 5 pretty soon.

I'll let you know if this finally solves my problem but chances are that it will, at least partially.

Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-27-2002 04:38 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Ginge, you know what..............

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's so great!!!!!!! ok, now have to understand how tho use this API. My god that's so great :). The only problem I've found so far is that it does not work in WinXP... however I'm pretty sure that the trick explained on mess.be will do the job for it. In any case, I'm pretty sure Microsoft will release Windows Messenger 5 pretty soon.

I'll let you know if this finally solves my problem but chances are that it will, at least partially.

Patchou.

That's so great !  :cheesy:
So U wont make a 1.43 so we can use plus! in the ugly V5 ? When will be released MP2 then ?
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-27-2002 04:52 AM
SystemDown

38 / – / –
Wowww Patchou, that is very very great news! I only have WinXP so I can't test. Today I shall install an old version I think:)

I have tested the trick explained on mess.be to use it in WinXP but it doesn't work for me.

I have patched the registery with the given register code and then in VB added a reference to the "Messenger API type library" and used the folowing code:

Dim msn As MessengerAPI.Messenger

Private Sub Form_Load()
  Set msn = CreateObject("MessengerAPI.Messenger")
  Caption = msn.MyFriendlyName
End Sub

This codes starts msn 4.x...very strange...how to fix it? Whats wrong?

Rene
10-27-2002 09:37 AM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
kewl patchou, i go off to me uncle now see if he can get a release date on the Windows Messenger 5.
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-27-2002 10:35 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Wheeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... i'm sure that XP thingie can be fixd soon... and that APi that yure using now is documented SOMEWHERE right? ah well... ginge was using it on msg++, so ask him.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-27-2002 11:21 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: