What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!!

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
1 votes - 3 average   Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!!
Author: Message:
user2319
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Ginge, you know what..............

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's so great!!!!!!! ok, now have to understand how tho use this API. My god that's so great :). The only problem I've found so far is that it does not work in WinXP... however I'm pretty sure that the trick explained on mess.be will do the job for it. In any case, I'm pretty sure Microsoft will release Windows Messenger 5 pretty soon.

I'll let you know if this finally solves my problem but chances are that it will, at least partially.

Patchou.

That's so great !  :cheesy:
So U wont make a 1.43 so we can use plus! in the ugly V5 ? When will be released MP2 then ?
yahooooh LAUGH OUT LOUD LOL :grin:  :cheesy:  :happy:  :cool:  :wink:
10-28-2002 07:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Little more nes good news form mess.be

quote:
Timothy is currently working on an MSN 5 add-on that will change *everything*. It will provide an external API that will hold more features than the old 4.x API. We have tested the first alpha’s of the mess serve application on different computers and all test were positive. Some features that are already working:
- bypassing the forbidden words (and it goes one, two, three);
- changing your contact lists buddy names locally (like this);
- customizing alerts (believe it!);
- and customizing mail settings (screamshot;)).

Features that can be done with this little API (next to the old API features) will be logging incoming and outgoing messages, creating customized messages with your own filter, send and receive raw data from and to the server. Note that this project is yet unfinished and Timothy may release it to other developers to complete. [Messed by dwergs]
Go thereto see the shoot, but it looks liek good news :-)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
10-29-2002 01:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dropy

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place, but.... I have patched the register in order to be able to import the messenger 5 API type library, but when i try to make a instance of any object an error message appears saying that class is not registered. Viewing the register I can see that for example msnmsgr.exe is registered but not msnmsgr.exe/2, how can I register it?

Thanks
10-30-2002 02:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
if it was that easy, I would have never talked about API problems in the first place :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-31-2002 08:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
Ok... little question.

MP2 will work in MSN 4.x and 5 yes?

So msgplus! 1.4 will be discontinued? Or will you release a version for people to use Msgplus! 1.4 in any version of MSN they like?
10-31-2002 10:26 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
How many % will actually be using MSN lower then 4.X? And 1.42b works good on the 3.X versions, so i don't see why there should be an update.... ppl will just have to hold on a little longer for 2.00.... but when it's released... it'll rock!!!
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-31-2002 11:22 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
Example... i dont like MP2 (for some reason) but love Plus! (1.4). I also like MSN 5... therefore problem... I cant use it on 5... which is my question, will they be a minor release just to fix that?
11-01-2002 10:37 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Nope sorry.... I don't want to support multiple versions of my own software... if you do not like MP2 then it means that I didn't do my job correctly and I have to redo it. Even if you don't care about any of the new feature of MP2, it can still be used the same way as MP1.4.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-01-2002 04:30 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Nope sorry.... I don't want to support multiple versions of my own software... if you do not like MP2 then it means that I didn't do my job correctly and I have to redo it. Even if you don't care about any of the new feature of MP2, it can still be used the same way as MP1.4.

Will MP2 be compatible with 4.x MSN messenger versions ?
Maybe someone dislikes MSN V5.. (me)  :rolleyes:
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-01-2002 05:54 PM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
I hope so, i would think it will be (i hope it will be)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
11-01-2002 06:09 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: