What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)

Pages: (16): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Author: Message:
Kruxx

RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March)
Sorry about multiple posts, I'm used to other forums that don't have the edit option up for as long as this. But thank you again for a great plugin, works once again, and I think you could be onto something here. If, on the first time configuring if you press cancel you get the errors... I'd suggest fixing this, as if the user isn't sure straight away how to configure, and decide to 'try it later' then the errors will be given when he/she cancels
03-26-2005 09:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.9 (22nd of March)
quote:
Originally posted by Kruxx
Sorry about multiple posts, I'm used to other forums that don't have the edit option up for as long as this. But thank you again for a great plugin, works once again, and I think you could be onto something here. If, on the first time configuring if you press cancel you get the errors... I'd suggest fixing this, as if the user isn't sure straight away how to configure, and decide to 'try it later' then the errors will be given when he/she cancels
It's ok.. :D...
Hmm... Yes this will be fixed.. hopefully all bugs will be fixed eventually.. :D... Hmm... But can you confirm that this error happens when you press cancel on the first run?... Or not?.. As I can't try it out right now... :(...
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
ive got msgplus 3.50, msn 7.0.0632 and loadsa other plugins... works fine here(Y)(Y)(Y) GREAT PLUGIN CYBERDUDE
Glad to hear it's working.. :D.. Well.. It was of course also supposed to.. :D:P
03-26-2005 01:19 PM
Kruxx

I'll do a quick test right now CD, by this I mean I will delete every trace I have of Nickname Counter, install it from scratch, goto configuration and press cancel immediately. I'll report back.

Edit:

Well, I delete the two keys in the registry both local machine and current user values, re-installed the plugin, made sure keys had been re-made etc. Came to configure and oddly enough, when I pressed cancel...nothing happened... No errors etc.. it did as it was supposed to. So now I am stumped as to what the problem could be, I know there are some issues with MSN Messenger closing without warning (IE when not responding, and I terminate the process) but other than that...what you thinks up?

This post was edited on 03-26-2005 at 02:35 PM by Kruxx.
03-26-2005 02:17 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
I'll do a quick test right now CD, by this I mean I will delete every trace I have of Nickname Counter, install it from scratch, goto configuration and press cancel immediately. I'll report back.

Edit:

Well, I delete the two keys in the registry both local machine and current user values, re-installed the plugin, made sure keys had been re-made etc. Came to configure and oddly enough, when I pressed cancel...nothing happened... No errors etc.. it did as it was supposed to. So now I am stumped as to what the problem could be, I know there are some issues with MSN Messenger closing without warning (IE when not responding, and I terminate the process) but other than that...what you thinks up?
Hmm.. I'm not really sure then.. the problem might just have been an invalid setting that had been set and then when it loads it loads the setting and if that setting is not valid it might error... I've not done much error handling/testing of this so I can't tell you yet.. I will have to do some more testing uring next week... :d.. hopefully eliminate all bugs.. :D... I didn't spend much time on this plugins so I never gave an garantuee that it was bug free... :P.. thanks for the testing and reporting... :D
03-26-2005 02:54 PM
Kruxx

No problem, if you need more testing just let me know, I'd be happy to comply

Also, a little suggestion here...

I know there's an option to add the masks yourself, and name what comes after it (Eg. %d Days, %h Hours and %m Minutes until my birthday!) and if you want there to be a difference between say ... 30 Minute's' and 1 'Minute' you could just include the 's' in brackets...But I dunno, I don't like how that looks (yes I'm picky) would it be possible to somehow make the plugin detect if the counter is down to 1 year/day/hour/minute and automatically change it to remove the 'S'. I know this could cause some confusion in other language and that's why you gave the option to input your own preference but I think it's worth looking at.

Edit:

On second thought, wouldn't having the 's' in brackets an an emoticon to a username anyway? I think this option should seriously be considered

This post was edited on 03-26-2005 at 10:02 PM by Kruxx.
03-26-2005 03:48 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
No problem, if you need more testing just let me know, I'd be happy to comply

Also, a little suggestion here...

I know there's an option to add the masks yourself, and name what comes after it (Eg. %d Days, %h Hours and %m Minutes until my birthday!) and if you want there to be a difference between say ... 30 Minute's' and 1 'Minute' you could just include the 's' in brackets...But I dunno, I don't like how that looks (yes I'm picky) would it be possible to somehow make the plugin detect if the counter is down to 1 year/day/hour/minute and automatically change it to remove the 'S'. I know this could cause some confusion in other language and that's why you gave the option to input your own preference but I think it's worth looking at.

Edit:

On second thought, wouldn't having the 's' in brackets an an emoticon to a username anyway? I think this option should seriously be considered
This is a good idea, and I am also goin to implement this... :D.. It shouldn't be much work to do that... I will look into this, and hopefully include it... maybe make it like a tag like day[s] then it will write days when the count of days is above 1 and if it's 1 it will only write day.. I will just have to find a suitable way of doing this...
03-27-2005 11:53 AM
Kruxx

Great, good luck with it
03-27-2005 03:14 PM
rompom7

Wow great. I never thought you would get around to it! Thanks.
03-28-2005 10:09 AM
azur

iPod 4G 40GB www.azurundharis.de

36 / Male / –
Really nice work! many thx , very good this plugin .. first i had some problems .. but i had to download this other .dll and then it worked:) nice and THX (Y)

This post was edited on 03-29-2005 at 03:15 PM by azur.
[Image: Azurr.png]
03-29-2005 02:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Bump!!! :D.. Just to let you guys know that I released a new version.. :D..
04-07-2005 07:41 AM
Pages: (16): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: