What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)

Pages: (16): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
Author: Message:
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
RE: RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
i ahve the older version working downstairs...but on this computer upstairs it wont show up in the plugins section at all.....the files are in the plugins directory of messenger plus! 3, and ive followed the cmd and regedit instructions...still no luck:(...

would it be because im using the final msn 7? msn 7.0.0777?

i have the same problem as you :) your not able to locate it in the plugin section  like me
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
04-07-2005 07:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
This is a good idea, and I am also goin to implement this... .. It shouldn't be much work to do that... I will look into this, and hopefully include it... maybe make it like a tag like day[s] then it will write days when the count of days is above 1 and if it's 1 it will only write day.. I will just have to find a suitable way of doing this...
(...)

Because of some recent suggestions for this plugin, I want to remind you about a post that I made last year in a thread which talked about a possible "counter in nickname" plugin where I already talked about all the possible things you could implement to satisfy everybody and to make it extremely versetile.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25...d=282993#pid282993

;)

This post was edited on 04-07-2005 at 08:12 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-07-2005 08:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
i ahve the older version working downstairs...but on this computer upstairs it wont show up in the plugins section at all.....the files are in the plugins directory of messenger plus! 3, and ive followed the cmd and regedit instructions...still no luck:(...

would it be because im using the final msn 7? msn 7.0.0777?
Please check the posts a couple of posts above this... There is something about some missing files ocx files in windows.. :D... That should solve your problem..
And no not beacause of msn 7 final...
sorry for not reading the last page, it helped:)....just 5 pages:|:|:|:|:|:| i gave up at 2 and a half, lol. THANKS Cyberdude!!!

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-07-2005 08:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Barisko

GREAT PLUGIN!!!!! no.... REALLY!!!

1. Can you make the plug-in so that it updates not the NICKNAME but the PERSONAL MESSAGE that MSN 7.0 introduced?

2. And could you make the plug-in so it "enables" itself everytime i start msn messenger. Until now I needed to enable it everytime i restart messenger, otherwise it wil not update my nickname...
04-07-2005 10:02 PM
Xerxis

40 / Male / –
Hey, as part of a tutorial i used your plugin as example, i hope you don't mind, attached is the installer i made for it.

How to make an installer for your messenger plus plugin with inno setup

.zip File Attachment: setupcounternick.zip (821.5 KB)
This file has been downloaded 299 time(s).
04-08-2005 09:43 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by Barisko
GREAT PLUGIN!!!!! no.... REALLY!!!

1. Can you make the plug-in so that it updates not the NICKNAME but the PERSONAL MESSAGE that MSN 7.0 introduced?

Yes.. This will be considered since I know also use MSN 7 Final.. :D.. I just need to find out how to control the Personal Messages.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Barisko
2. And could you make the plug-in so it "enables" itself everytime i start msn messenger. Until now I needed to enable it everytime i restart messenger, otherwise it wil not update my nickname...
Hmmm... I've noticed that this plugin is still vey buggy... Some people have problems that it errors when msn is rerun... My self have the porblem that it doesn't load new settings when I log in to another account... so when I log into my test account where I test my plugins and then on my normal account... then the plugin still is enabled... And some people claimes to have problems with it not enable it self on load... The plugin is made so it enables it self on load, and it works great here with me... I will apperently have to do some more testing.. But to do this.. I also need some persons that are willing to be my testers.. so I can elimate these bugs.. you are welcome to add me to your contacts, I only have one requeriement: That you are not a complete "n00b".. Meaning I suspect you to have at least a bit of knowlegde on what is going on.. and do't ask 1 milliong qquestions like "How to do that", "What is that".. etc... I need some people that have competence enough to my testers.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxis
Hey, as part of a tutorial i used your plugin as example, i hope you don't mind, attached is the installer i made for it.

Nice.. :D.. Thank you.... Will try it out now.. see how it works...
04-08-2005 02:58 PM
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
Hey Cyberdude, great plugin :)

One thing i noticed though, when i use symbols like these:

[Image: Symbols.bmp?dc=4675517388462130338]

Turn out weird when i copy and paste them into the nickname area of the plugin screen

[Image: plugin.bmp?dc=4675517388631899260]

Is there anyway i can stop them from changing like that? If not, it would be great if you could make the symbols appear properly in the next version you make :)
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
04-08-2005 03:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Xerxis

40 / Male / –
that's because the standard windows components included with visual basic are not unicode compatible. One way to solve this would be cyberdude using windows forms components 2.0. But then he would have to redistribute them with his plugin, which would be a pain in the ass and forbidden by microsoft if i remember correctly
04-08-2005 03:47 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Counter in Nickname Released New Version 1.0.15 (7th of April)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
This is a good idea, and I am also goin to implement this... .. It shouldn't be much work to do that... I will look into this, and hopefully include it... maybe make it like a tag like day[s] then it will write days when the count of days is above 1 and if it's 1 it will only write day.. I will just have to find a suitable way of doing this...
(...)

Because of some recent suggestions for this plugin, I want to remind you about a post that I made last year in a thread which talked about a possible "counter in nickname" plugin where I already talked about all the possible things you could implement to satisfy everybody and to make it extremely versetile.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25...d=282993#pid282993

;)
I've checked the thread.. Apperently I was active in that thread to... :P.. lol!!! But I didn't really find anything I could use in your post.... The only thing was really the (!xcountdown) tag.. But I also had that in my previous version.. But now i changed the system a bit so żou can't do this anymore.. But in  the next version I will include tags like (!XCNTY), (!XCNTD),(!XCNTH),(!XCNTYM),(!XCNTS) to show number of yers, days, hours, minutes, seconds that the count down uses... this way you can make you own quicktext like "(!XCNTH) hours ,(!XCNTYM) mins ,(!XCNTS) seconds to some event! :D".. etc.. If anybody else have some requests to this plugin please post them.. But I think this plugin will be full very soon.. If I can just get all those nasty bugs out of the way.. :D..

quote:
quote:

Nice.. :D.. Thank you.... Will try it out now.. see how it works...
Edit:
I've just tried the installer.. But it only partly works for me... If I use my old dll file.. the outdated verison.. and try this installer, it doesn't work.. I have to exit msn to be able to overwrite the old dll file... Beacuse of the fact that the Reloader code apparently doesn't unload VB6 files... :(... So... You wil have to include some more code.. If the plugin isn't installed already, then it works fine now.. BUT if the user have the old version or this installer would have to check if they do, and tehn quit/kill messenger, isntall the plugin, and then restart messenger.. If you could make this function for me then it would be really amazing.. And if you do I would be happy ot get the nsis script from you.. I'll give you all the credits for the isntaller as you want!!! :D... I think i'll be using it for all my plugins.. :D...

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Hey Cyberdude, great plugin

One thing i noticed though, when i use symbols like these:

[Image: Symbols.bmp?dc=4675517388462130338]

Turn out weird when i copy and paste them into the nickname area of the plugin screen

[Image: plugin.bmp?dc=4675517388631899260]

Is there anyway i can stop them from changing like that? If not, it would be great if you could make the symbols appear properly in the next version you make
Hmm.. It's properly beacuse the the letters/symbols you use are unicode charachters, greek etc... I use the standard Textbox control in this plugin and it only supports ASCII Characters... I will look into this, and see if I can find another ontrol more suitable... :D.. I can't promise it will be include in the next version.. But in the final version it will... :D.. This plugin will not be final version until I have this set straight.. Thank you for posting.. :D...

quote:
that's because the standard windows components included with visual basic are not unicode compatible. One way to solve this would be cyberdude using windows forms components 2.0. But then he would have to redistribute them with his plugin, which would be a pain in the ass and forbidden by microsoft if i remember correctly
Hehe.. Was just writing this.
I'll have to use another component, that's true.... But If I/You manange to get the installer working perfectly this wouldn't be a problem any longer.. ... Hmm.. The windows forms 2.0 control is good idea, but i'll just do some research if it's illegal or not.. :D.. Thanks for noting that it might be...

This post was edited on 04-08-2005 at 04:02 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
04-08-2005 03:59 PM
Xerxis

40 / Male / –
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224305/EN-US/ (The Fm20.dll is NOT redistributable. You must have an application such as Microsoft Office 97 on the target system that installs Fm20.dll as part of its setup.)

I wouldn't know another free unicode component library

btw, i'll chance the installer so that it terminates the msg plus process if the plugin already exists ;)

This post was edited on 04-08-2005 at 05:52 PM by Xerxis.
04-08-2005 05:51 PM
Pages: (16): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: